Windows 10: Win 10 Laptop Looses Wi-Fi on restart / reboot

Discus and support Win 10 Laptop Looses Wi-Fi on restart / reboot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 laptop will not accept or even recognize a Wi-Fi wireless network 90% of its startups. The laptop is as follows: HP Pavilion 17... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KSBoone, May 4, 2019.

1. KSBoone Win User

Win 10 Laptop Looses Wi-Fi on restart / reboot

Windows 10 laptop will not accept or even recognize a Wi-Fi wireless network 90% of its startups. The laptop is as follows:

HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GH 2.40 GHz

System Type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor

RAM: 12.0 GB

Windows 10 Home; Version 1809

First steps:

1. Network Adapters:

1. Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) #2

2. Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

3. WAN Miniport (IKEv2)

4. WAN Miniport (IP)

5. WAN Miniport (IPv6)

6. WAN Miniport (L2TP)

7. WAN Miniport (Network Monitor)

8. WAN Miniport (PPPOE)

9. WAN Miniport (PPTP)

10. WAN Miniport (SSTP)

This issue has been going on for several months and I am out of ideas.

2. I have uninstalled all 10 network adapters and tried both rebooting or shutdown the PC for several minutes.

3. Each network adapter has the current drivers.

4. I ran the (netsh wlan show wlanreport) but the Profile Output does not list any Wi-Fi profiles stored on the PC.

If I continue the above listed steps between 1 – 2 hours the Wi-Fi will finally show up. Even though it is configured to connect automatically I still have to manually connect it when it finally shows up.

Second steps:

1. I called Microsoft and attempted several issues. We ended up using the following 5 Registry commands, which corrected the recognition of the Wi-Fi for several restarts.

1. Netsh Winsock reset

2. Netsh int ip reset

3. Ipconfig /release

4. Ipconfig /Renew

5. Ipconfig /flushdns

2. However, after a couple of days the lack of Wi-Fi failed again. I was able to run the 5 registry commands (listed above) and correct the issue several times HOWEVER, everything changed today.

3. TODAY – I ran the registry sittings, I deleted all 10 Network Adapters, I restarted or rebooted the laptop each time. The bottom line is it took me over 2 hours to finally get the laptop to recognize the Wi-Fi.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. MICROSOFT FIND AND FIX THIS/ THESE ISSUES FOR ALL………..

I am totally out of ideas and yes I run anti-virus and Malware protection. Any new ideas would be greatly appreciated.

:)

KSBoone, May 4, 2019

2. Wi-Fi errors (Windows 10)

I'm currently troubleshooting a HP laptop (HP G62-a10SQ to be more specific). The problem is that it doesn't want to connect to any Wi-Fi network. It leaves me with the generic error "Can't connect to this network." I've tried these steps so far

• Restarting the computer
    • Flushing DNS
    • Releasing and renewing the ipconfig
    • Uninstalling the driver
    • Reinstalling the driver
    • Reseating the Wi-FI module
    • Checking Windows Update for any drivers
    • Updating the driver in Device Manager
    • Temporarily removing my Wi-Fi encryption
    • Trying to connect to a different Wi-Fi network outside of my network
    • Probably more troubleshooting steps I can't remember atm (I will edit the post if I remember anything)

DoNotSpamPls, May 4, 2019
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, May 4, 2019
  4. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, May 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Win 10 Laptop Looses Wi-Fi on restart / reboot - Similar Threads - Laptop Looses restart

2. No internet with Wi-Fi and Ethernet - Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet with Wi-Fi and Ethernet - Win 10: When I connect my LAN cable or my Wifi adapter to my pc it shows it but it doesn’t give me internet.I have tried many things including drivers, reinstalling, resetting, configuring the DNS and many other things but I can’t get it to workMy Windows version is 21H1 1706 - if it...
  3. No internet with Wi-Fi and Ethernet - Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet with Wi-Fi and Ethernet - Win 10: When I connect my LAN cable or my Wifi adapter to my pc it shows it but it doesn’t give me internet.I have tried many things including drivers, reinstalling, resetting, configuring the DNS and many other things but I can’t get it to workMy Windows version is 21H1 1706 - if it...
  4. No internet with Wi-Fi and Ethernet - Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows keep s "loosing" Wi-Fi network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keep s "loosing" Wi-Fi network: So almost every time I boot, the wireless network COMPLETELY disappears. Windows has literally no option for wireless. It seems to be that for some reason the system can't start the driver/hardware on boot. This happened after installing a new TP link AX3000 Wi-fi card....
  6. Restart computer to reconnect to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restart computer to reconnect to Wi-Fi: Occasionally my computer will disconnect from my Wi-Fi, it'll disappear then show back up on my network list. It'll connect but have no internet access. If I reset it'll connect immediately with internet access. How would I fix this? submitted by /u/smugilicious [link]...
  7. Win 10 Wi-Fi not working

Win 10 Wi-Fi not working: My HP Pavilion 17 has only been connected to the internet via Wi-Fi. In the past week every time I start the laptop it only displays the Ethernet option. Troubleshooter only reads "A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken". The only way I can even find...
  8. ASUS loosing wi-fi signal

ASUS loosing wi-fi signal: two years ago i bought an ASUS X541U; after a couple of weeks it started to loose the wifi signal, so i took it back and they replace it with another one (same model).. Same issue started after 3-4 weeks; i tried to contact ASUS and they gave me few options to try like to do...
  9. Wi-fi restarts

Wi-fi restarts: my wi-fi is constantly restarting, it works for a while and then disconnects and reconnects https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-restarts/9e0d2594-bda1-47a6-b964-e249c1a0f047
  10. Loss of WI-Fi on restart

Loss of WI-Fi on restart: Has anyone come up with a fix for Windows 10 not restoring Wi-Fi connections when restarted? this has been an ongoing nuisance that I think Microsoft should come up with a fix. Ron Fiore 36466