Windows 10: Win 10 laptop plugged in, not charging

Discus and support Win 10 laptop plugged in, not charging in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, apologies if this topic is discussed somewhere else, but I could not find it. I have seen similar topic from 2017, bit it was already closed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Luka246, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Luka246 Win User

Win 10 laptop plugged in, not charging

Hi all,

apologies if this topic is discussed somewhere else, but I could not find it. I have seen similar topic from 2017, bit it was already closed by the admins.

Anyway, the problem is that my laptop (HP Pavilion 15 ab000 series) completely out of blue around 3 weeks ago stopped charging the battery.

I have tried many tricks, like removing battery and holding On/Off for 15 sec, removing the battery drivers and re-installing them, checking other chargers, etc.

It seems like this problem was quite common 6-12 months ago, but it has just exposed itself in my laptop.

Can anybody suggest the solution, please?

Thanks,

Luka

:)

Luka246, Sep 5, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Plugged In, Not Charging

Sometimes depending on your Windows 10 Build, your battery will not charge to 100%, this extends the life of your battery . . . plug out the laptop, drain the battery for 10 - 15 minutes, plug it back in and see if it starts to charge the battery

If however, your battery is not charging at all in Windows 10, follow these steps to rectify this issue:

• Disconnect Power Supply
    • Remove battery
    • Connect Power Supply
    • Turn on the laptop
    • Control Panel - Device Manager
    • Under the Batteries category, right-click all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery , and Uninstall
    • Shutdown
    • Disconnect Power Supply
    • Insert battery
    • Connect Power Supply
    • Turn on the laptop

I Hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Zeeba# Win User
    0% availability (plugged in, charging)

If the battery is old it might have run its course but if that's not the can do the following to check what the problem

Computer laptop that is plugged in but not charging

• Shutdown the laptop
    • Remove the battery ( note some batteries cannot easily be removed you may need to consult your laptop manual on how to remove them)
    • Clean the battery and terminals with a dry clean cloth
    • Put the battery back
    • Turn on the laptop
    • If it still say plugged in but not charging dont panick continue to follow more steps below
    Reinstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.

This is the software that control battery settings power mode and so on

This article describes the steps in detail
    http://accatech.com/dell-laptop-plugged-in-but-not-charging-fix/

Zeeba#, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Win 10 laptop plugged in, not charging

Lenova G400s laptop-Plugged in and not Charging- Issues reg.

I have a Lenova G400s Laptop. While charging my laptop shown "Plugged in and not Charging" I gone through the web and I tried the following steps i found in net

Please try below steps and check if it helps.

• Disconnect AC adapter.
    • Remove battery.
    • Connect AC Adapter.
    • Power on the laptop.
    • Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Under the Batteries category, right-click all instances of
      Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery , and select
      Uninstall.
    • Shutdown.
    • Disconnect AC adapter.
    • Insert battery.
    • Connect AC adapter.
    • Power on the laptop.
    • still the problem not solve, it shows "plugged in and not Charging".. Pl guide me to solve the issues

BalusamyArumugam, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 laptop plugged in, not charging

1. Win 10 laptop plugged in, not charging - Similar Threads - laptop plugged charging

2. Laptop plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop plugged in but not charging: I'm having some difficulty getting my laptop to charge. It is a brand-new laptop so problems with the battery and charger shouldn't be a problem.When I plug in the charger it says its charging, however the percentage does not increase no matter how much time goes by. I don't...
  3. Laptop plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop plugged in but not charging: I'm having some difficulty getting my laptop to charge. It is a brand-new laptop so problems with the battery and charger shouldn't be a problem.When I plug in the charger it says its charging, however the percentage does not increase no matter how much time goes by. I don't...
  4. Laptop plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop plugged in but not charging: This problem of plugged in not charging has been there for about 1 month. The surprising fact is when i keep the charger at different angles it charges and then when i keep it at the same angle it won't. Can i fix this at homeMeanwhile my laptop battery isn't removable....
  5. Laptop plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop plugged in but not charging: This problem of plugged in not charging has been there for about 1 month. The surprising fact is when i keep the charger at different angles it charges and then when i keep it at the same angle it won't. Can i fix this at homeMeanwhile my laptop battery isn't removable....
  6. Laptop plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 Laptop, Plugged in and not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Laptop, Plugged in and not charging: I have a HP Pavilion Laptop and for some reason, despite being plugged in, has been slowly losing its charge. It's been about 2-3 weeks since it started and It's not giving me any kind of error messages or anything of that nature. My laptop has an integrated battery, so a lot...
  8. Laptop plugged in not charging

Laptop plugged in not charging: I have a Acer ES1 512 laptop.Since updating from 1803 to 1809 window 10. There is issues in charging.It is slowly getting worse today at 92% not charging down from 98%.It just wont charge to 100% anymore.Have tried everything even updating drivers and troubleshooting power....
  9. laptop plugged in not charging Windows 10

laptop plugged in not charging Windows 10: our very new ASOS laptop (less than a year) is not charging more than 59%. the tool tip says that the laptop plugged in not charging have tried updating the power settings, tried the power troubleshooter, tried Microsoft ACPI-Complaint Control Method Battery >>...
  10. laptop plugged in not charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop plugged in not charging: laptop plugged in but not charging displayed. What next to get it to charge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-plugged-in-not-charging/8a96a914-66f3-47c6-beae-b657b2d146c4