Windows 10: Win 10 Laptop randomly starts itself after being hibernated.

Discus and support Win 10 Laptop randomly starts itself after being hibernated. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently noticed that whenever i hibernated my laptop, after a few hours when i would go to open it, my battery would be completly depleted even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jenil29, Sep 2, 2015.

1. jenil29 Win User

Win 10 Laptop randomly starts itself after being hibernated.

I recently noticed that whenever i hibernated my laptop, after a few hours when i would go to open it, my battery would be completly depleted even though i had it on full charge when i hibernated it...

A few days later i found out, or what i thought was happening, that the laptop wasn't hibernating..
    Some times it would, sometimes it wouldn't..

Today i found out that the laptop does hibernate, but randomly it boots itself up after a random number of minutes..

First it boots up to the windows logo, then fades to a black screen, then powers off, and then in 5 seconds, it starts again, this time completing the boot and getting me back to how i left the laptop when i hibernated..

This is getting increasingly annoying, and i can not figure out what is causing the problem..
    Anyone encountered it before?

:)

jenil29, Sep 2, 2015
  2. AdalbiA Win User

Apr. 11, 2017 update hibernate problem

I used to enjoy fast resume of my work from hibernate mode in Win 10. After the last update on Apr. 11, 2017 every time I hibernate my laptop and then start it I have it frozen, so I have to restart it. Is there a way to solve this problem? Thanks.

AdalbiA, Sep 2, 2015
  3. Hukjgg117 Win User
    My HP Notebook, running on Windows 10, begins to hibernate 10 minutes after I close the lid.

I have done all that I believe I can, from changing what my laptop does after closing the lid, to making a custom power plan and making it so my laptop never hibernates. However, my Laptop still hibernates after the lid has been closed for exactly 10 minutes,
    whether or not it is connected to the charger does not affect the time it takes to hibernate. My laptop used to never hibernate, then one month ago it would start to hibernate after 4 hours of being asleep, then to 1, then to half, and finally 10 minutes.
    I have no clue as to why my laptop does this, I just know that I have been trying to fix this issue for a while now, and still have not found a working answer. Any help would be appreciated.

Hukjgg117, Sep 2, 2015
  4. LucianH Win User

Have experience exactly the same issue on an oldish HP Pavilion DV6 so I'm also hoping someone can shed some light on this.

LucianH, Sep 3, 2015
  5. DavidY Win User
    I don't know the answer I'm afraid, but the Event Log (and in particular 'Wake Events' might give a clue)
    Wake Source - Read Event Viewer Log - Windows 7 Help Forums

I'm sure I've seen a case somewhere (maybe another Forum) where the person went into Device Manager, selected the Video Driver, and chose the option to Update it, which got rid of a similar problem.

DavidY, Sep 3, 2015
  6. jenil29 Win User
    From the best i can tell, the only devices waking up my laptop were the built in keyboard and mouse as per the cmd prompt command...
    Since i have been having problems with my synaptics touchpad driver, for now i have disabled it from having the ability to wake up my laptop.. which also means if my laptop goes into sleep mode, i cant wake it up using the mouse...

I shall update this thread with my findings in 24 hours..

jenil29, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Laptop randomly starts itself after being hibernated. - Similar Threads - Laptop randomly starts

2. Start menu randomly closes by itself right after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu randomly closes by itself right after opening: Hello,Sometimes Start menu closes by itself right after opening, within a second. It expands and then immediately collapses back so I have to click it again to open. That freaks me out and annoys a lot. It happens mainly after some period of not using Start menu. For example...
  3. Start menu randomly closes by itself right after opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu randomly closes by itself right after opening: Hello,Sometimes Start menu closes by itself right after opening, within a second. It expands and then immediately collapses back so I have to click it again to open. That freaks me out and annoys a lot. It happens mainly after some period of not using Start menu. For example...
  4. Random restarts after sleep or hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random restarts after sleep or hibernate: Hi I've been having an issue on Windows 10 whereby my laptop randomly restarts after either sleep or hibernate mode. There don't seem to be any hardware issues detected. Additionally the event log displays the following errorThe computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The...
  5. Random restarts after sleep or hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random restarts after sleep or hibernate: Hi I've been having an issue on Windows 10 whereby my laptop randomly restarts after either sleep or hibernate mode. There don't seem to be any hardware issues detected. Additionally the event log displays the following errorThe computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The...
  6. Random restarts after sleep or hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Laptop going into hibernation mode , randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop going into hibernation mode , randomly: The new update of windows 10 2004 causing my pc to go in hibernation mode , when extensive usage of GPUs happen my product - HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0xxx. , graphic card - nvedia 1650 and radeon vega 8 , ram -8gb , before the the update it was running good but now the...
  8. Laptop is blocking itself randomly (windows 10)

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop is blocking itself randomly (windows 10): Hello I have a big problem with my laptop recently, I was helping my mother cleaning her 2 computers so I had to leave my laptop by itself without charger pluged in (my laptop is 4 year old ). After like 2-3 hours I finished cleaning her computers and went back to my room to...
  9. Windows 10 Randomly Hibernating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Randomly Hibernating: I've run into a strange problem. I needed to travel so I dug up my old laptop to work on the road, it is an HP EliteBook 8440p. It was running Windows 7 so I went ahead and upgraded it to Windows 10. Now, I'm noticing that since installing Windows 10, the laptop will randomly...
  10. Hibernate being faulty after version 1803?

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernate being faulty after version 1803?: I had noticed this problem for a couple of weeks. I've had hard time doing a hibernate on my PC every now and then after I did an upgrade to version 1803. The problem is sometimes when I hibernate my PC, it doesn't do its job. My monitor and peripherals would turn off however...