Windows 10: Win 10 - Laptop screen & hard drive are randomly on when the lid is closed...

Discus and support Win 10 - Laptop screen & hard drive are randomly on when the lid is closed... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; In the power settings I have it set to go to sleep when I close the lid. Most of the time this works properly But seemingly randomly I come back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by a24Peter, Nov 15, 2018.

1. a24Peter Win User

Win 10 - Laptop screen & hard drive are randomly on when the lid is closed...

In the power settings I have it set to go to sleep when I close the lid.

Most of the time this works properly

But seemingly randomly I come back to the computer two hours later

and the screen and hard drive are working when the machine is supposed to be sleeping.

VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

:)

a24Peter, Nov 15, 2018
  2. Ruz San Win User

Laptop restarts after closing the lid

Hi,

It appears that your laptop hibernates when you close its lid. This feature terminates running processes on your machine since it allows the system to use very little power. If
    Do nothing is already selected for Choose what closing the lid does
    in Power Options, let's try to make hibernation unavailable. Follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Windows icon on your home screen.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Click Yes if you get a prompt window.
    • Type powercfg.exe /hibernate off then press Enter.
    See if this will prevent the laptop from hibernating when you close the lid.

Let us know how it turns out.

Ruz San, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Bree Win User
    LID close screen still on

Well, it was worth checking.

How long have you had this Asus ROG? Has it ever turned off the screen when the lid is closed?

The last post in this thread suggests it may be a hardware problem, the section starting 'Here's an interesting story about the GL502VS in general' describes a sequence of replacements from Asus, one of which behaved this way. Oddly, the OP actually wanted this behaviour.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-lid-is-closed

4. Win 10 - Laptop screen & hard drive are randomly on when the lid is closed...

Lock Screen on lid close

When I close the lid of the laptop the screen doesn't lock automatically like it used to do on windows 8, it doesn't do anything. I also cannot find any settings on that on windows 10. Any directions or suggestions?

Maria Atha, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 - Laptop screen & hard drive are randomly on when the lid is closed...

1. Win 10 - Laptop screen & hard drive are randomly on when the lid is closed... - Similar Threads - Laptop screen hard

2. how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?: how to make the screen not turn off when the lid is closed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-the-screen-not-close-when-the-lid-is/a2dd9f1f-ee68-4abf-9846-33fa0286eea3
  3. how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?: how to make the screen not turn off when the lid is closed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-the-screen-not-close-when-the-lid-is/a2dd9f1f-ee68-4abf-9846-33fa0286eea3
  4. how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?: I want to make it so that when I close the lid of my laptop the screen doesn't close. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-the-screen-not-close-when-the-lid-is/bc3052d9-2c52-4480-b556-9a790e5ad210
  5. how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?: I want to make it so that when I close the lid of my laptop the screen doesn't close. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-the-screen-not-close-when-the-lid-is/bc3052d9-2c52-4480-b556-9a790e5ad210
  6. Apps closing when laptop lid is closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Apps closing when laptop lid is closed: I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface and all my open apps force close when the laptop lid has been closed overnight. I've checked all previous solutions posted on this site and nothing works. Very Annoying, can someone help resolve asap? ? It really shouldn't be this...
  7. BSOD when closing laptop lid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when closing laptop lid: I'm running Windows 10 version 20H2, and every time I close the laptop lid, when I open it I get a BSOD with the error IRQL_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQAL. Looking in event viewer, TPM driver has consistently failed with Event IDs 15 & 27, and then seconds later there a several...
  8. Laptop closes programes when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop closes programes when lid is closed: This past few days whenever i close the laptop lid with the laptop is still on whenever i later return to the laptop open the lid all programes that i had opened even the web browser are closed, anyone offer any help to fix this so that all programs that were opened remain...
  9. Win 10 Pro Laptop goes to sleep when I close lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 Pro Laptop goes to sleep when I close lid: Despite setting the Power Options to 'Do Nothing' when I close my laptop lid, there is a strange quirk. Whenever I am trying to play a game using my external monitor, whenever I close the lid the laptop turns off. If I am watching netflix or youtube, nothing happens. It...
  10. Lock laptop when lid is closed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock laptop when lid is closed: Hello, Please add to Windows 10 the option to "lock on lid close". Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/lock-laptop-when-lid-is-closed/c9798949-35f4-46f1-afeb-fbf7b2be39c1"