Windows 10: Win 10 laptop the UPDATE 3/10/20

Discus and support Win 10 laptop the UPDATE 3/10/20 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop had Win 10 installed when I bought it 2 yr ago. I installed win 7 card games 'cause I prefer them to recent ver. They worked fine for ~ 2 yr.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DonaldBehenna, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Win 10 laptop the UPDATE 3/10/20

My laptop had Win 10 installed when I bought it 2 yr ago. I installed win 7 card games 'cause I prefer them to recent ver. They worked fine for ~ 2 yr. In Jan came update attempts which failed. In Feb came a new window re. Updates which I kept putting off until later. A few days ago the update window from hell finally caught me asleep and installed itself without my authorization. So my biggest complaint that I've discovered is that all those comfy card games which fill my lonely hours DON'T WORK. Solitare.exe, spidersolitare.exe, freecell.eve, etc. just sit there [ they were removed from the listings in the start menu ]. Attempts to fix the issue with the compatability troubleshtr consistently yielded an error window. I found a backdoor into the compatability troubleshtrer that actually attempted to fix the issue – said it did and I should try it – I did that a few times and then tried hopefully to run the games all to no solution – still no action. In the compatability troubleshtr there seems to be no further option if the FIX didn't work, so I was left frustrated. I downloaded the repair tool suggested above – restoro.eve – ran that and still no progress. I happened to run McAfee AV which then reported numerous files in restoro that needed quarantine, so I uninstalled that. I can easily find the game .exe files w/ file explorer so I know those files are OK - obtained them a couple yr ago on the net. They might have been altered by ? to work on the basic initial Win 10 . Sorry, I don't like all the bells & whistles of the newer versions.

Any way to make these work again ? Or do I have to wait for somebody to make a workaround ?

:)

DonaldBehenna, Mar 15, 2020

2. Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Win 10 boots...

I have even on an old dell laptop from windows xp era: Windows 10 adventures

remixedcat, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Win 10 laptop the UPDATE 3/10/20

Windows 10 Update

Shit, I used some doohickey to disable Win Store and remove some apps after installing Win 10 - now this update keeps failing to install.

ZeppMan217, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 laptop the UPDATE 3/10/20

1. Win 10 laptop the UPDATE 3/10/20 - Similar Threads - laptop UPDATE

2. I forced to turn off my laptop when i update a driver on my pc, but now my lap won't turn...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I forced to turn off my laptop when i update a driver on my pc, but now my lap won't turn...: Did anyone encounter it?Please let me know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forced-to-turn-off-my-laptop-when-i-update-a/f9363da5-ba7f-4203-a4dd-d354d26839f6
  3. I forced to turn off my laptop when i update a driver on my pc, but now my lap won't turn...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forced to turn off my laptop when i update a driver on my pc, but now my lap won't turn...: Did anyone encounter it?Please let me know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forced-to-turn-off-my-laptop-when-i-update-a/f9363da5-ba7f-4203-a4dd-d354d26839f6
  4. I forced to turn off my laptop when i update a driver on my pc, but now my lap won't turn...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop crashes while updating windows from windows 10 to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashes while updating windows from windows 10 to windows 11: When I bought the laptop I had Windows 10 and when Windows 11 update rolled out I got it in a few months and my laptop was Windows 11 but after a few years as my laptop was getting slow, I thought to install an ssd and a ram to make it fast. I installed ram and ssd from a...
  6. Laptop crashes while updating windows from windows 10 to windows 11

Laptop crashes while updating windows from windows 10 to windows 11: When I bought the laptop I had Windows 10 and when Windows 11 update rolled out I got it in a few months and my laptop was Windows 11 but after a few years as my laptop was getting slow, I thought to install an ssd and a ram to make it fast. I installed ram and ssd from a...
  7. My laptop freezes when updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop freezes when updating windows 10: My laptop freezes when updating windows 10 and I force it to turn off by pressing the power button until it dies and when it starts up again it can't play valorant with error code VAL 5 and the laptop can't be shutdown, when I want to shutdown it will turn on again and so on....
  8. My laptop freezes when updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop freezes when updating windows 10: My laptop freezes when updating windows 10 and I force it to turn off by pressing the power button until it dies and when it starts up again it can't play valorant with error code VAL 5 and the laptop can't be shutdown, when I want to shutdown it will turn on again and so on....
  9. My laptop freezes when updating windows 10

10. I switched off my laptop accidentally while it was updating and when I start it now it...

I switched off my laptop accidentally while it was updating and when I start it now it...: Hp 15 windows 11 error in the image inserted above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-switched-off-my-laptop-accidentally-while-it-was/bd151537-fec9-4d00-8f36-0cb8af335e13