Windows 10: Win 10 latest build won't hibernate

Discus and support Win 10 latest build won't hibernate in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello again! I reinstalled an older version of win 10 and then upgraded it to the latest version. I did not check to see if the older version I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Thyan, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Thyan Win User

Win 10 latest build won't hibernate

Hello again!
    I reinstalled an older version of win 10 and then upgraded it to the latest version. I did not check to see if the older version I installed in the first place could hibernate, but after upgrading to latest version, my win 10 won't hibernate.
    I looked for solutions online, used cmd to turn hibernation off and on, set the hiberfil.sys file size, I used a registry file I found on this forum to edit the registry and enable hibernation, reset the power settings. None of these worked. Whenever I close the lid or press the power button (both set to hibernate) it just shuts down (or it hibernates, but when starting the computer again is like I shut it down, not put it into hibernation).
    Before you ask, yes, my laptop can hibernate (I used this function with win 7 and win 10, up until the last installation and update). I do have the "hibernate" option in power settings and there's a hiberfil.sys file on my C drive (with plenty of space to spare). I checked the disk and have no bad sectors.
    I tried to hibernate my laptop in different ways: closing the lid, pressing the power button, choosing "hibernate" from the shut down menu, running a command, but none of them worked *Sad.
    What else can I do?

:)

Thyan, Apr 14, 2019
  2. tamo Win User

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Win 10 latest build won't hibernate [​IMG]

3. tamo Win User
    iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Win 10 latest build won't hibernate [​IMG]

4. Win 10 latest build won't hibernate

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

radelovrić, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 latest build won't hibernate

1. Win 10 latest build won't hibernate - Similar Threads - latest build won't

2. DON'T UPDATE WIN 11 TO LATEST BUILD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DON'T UPDATE WIN 11 TO LATEST BUILD: IT WILL MAKE YOUR PC UNUSABLE UNLESS YOU DO A CLEAN FRESH INSTALL OF WIN 11 OR 10 WITH A USB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-update-win-11-to-latest-build/c40379b9-7f10-488e-b9b9-9e0c892d86de
  3. DON'T UPDATE WIN 11 TO LATEST BUILD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DON'T UPDATE WIN 11 TO LATEST BUILD: IT WILL MAKE YOUR PC UNUSABLE UNLESS YOU DO A CLEAN FRESH INSTALL OF WIN 11 OR 10 WITH A USB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-update-win-11-to-latest-build/c40379b9-7f10-488e-b9b9-9e0c892d86de
  4. Windows 10 won't hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 won't hibernate: When pressing the hibernate option it just locks my PC, turns off the display and that's it. It doesn't actually hibernate like it used to. I'm not exactly sure but I think the last time windows hibernated normally was before I switched my windows installation from MBR to GPT...
  5. Win 10 Pro won't resume from Sleep or Hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 Pro won't resume from Sleep or Hibernate: My Win 10 Pro is fully up-to-date. Recently my Asus PC stopped resuming from sleep or hibernate. I have to physically unplug the computer wait, plug in, start it and I have to go into the BIOS and Choose optimized default settings and then it starts up. Even though I do not...
  6. Win 10 won't auto hibernate from login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 won't auto hibernate from login screen: There are multiple users on the PC, and when each of us have finished we lock our account, putting the PC into the login screen. If the PC is then left it doesn't automatically go into hibernate. Automatic hibernation works well otherwise. How can I get the PC to...
  7. Xbox Controller and Win 10 latest build ..

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Controller and Win 10 latest build ..: can someone help me out of this situation .. after latest update my controller cannot attached with my laptop .. in drivers it shown unknown device I pickup the xbox drivers but yellow icon changed to ? icon drivers not supported .. same controller on my second laptop with...
  8. Windows 10 Won't update to latest insider build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Won't update to latest insider build: Has anyone had a fix for this? I'm getting an error 0x8007000d for the past month now and every Windows update has the same resulting code whenever I try to install it. Is there a way to install this without having to factory reset (btw, I can't go back to the previous build)...
  9. PC Won't go to sleep - latest windows 10 build

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Won't go to sleep - latest windows 10 build: Over the last few weeks, I have noticed my PC not entering sleep mode. I have not done a tonne of updates on anything so I haven't been able to pin point a specific piece of software that could be messing it up. I've run Code: Powercfg /requests[/quote] which comes up with...
  10. Unable to upgrade to latest Win 10 build from existing 1607 build.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to upgrade to latest Win 10 build from existing 1607 build.: Can anyone give me any clues as to why the update to the latest Windows 10 build fails. My PC goes through the update route, downloads to image, prepares the image, installs the image to 100%, then fails and gives the message "Restoring your previous version of Windows". (no...