Windows 10: Win 10 latest update has created an extra drive partion.

Discus and support Win 10 latest update has created an extra drive partion. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; OK so I received the update on my clean install of win 10 on my split Intel NVME SSD. Just went to do a Macrium image backup and discovered that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aldel, Nov 14, 2015.

1. aldel Win User

Win 10 latest update has created an extra drive partion.

OK so I received the update on my clean install of win 10 on my split Intel NVME SSD. Just went to do a Macrium image backup and discovered that the update has created an extra partition on my drive. Although small it is stealing space from my second partition that I save the backups to. I also have some extra files on C: as shown.

Win 10 latest update has created an extra drive partion. [​IMG]

Win 10 latest update has created an extra drive partion. [​IMG]
    To regain space what files can I delete? Can I restore the extra partition without damaging windows. Do I need to include the extra small partition with C: for a Macrium backup to be able to restore if anything gets screwed?
    I was expecting the update to just update the C:/ drive.

Thanks

:)

aldel, Nov 14, 2015

2. Disk partition

Bought a new DELL Inspiron laptop with windows 10. It has only one partion C drive. Like to create two more partition like D and E drives. Please help

K SATISHNAIR, Nov 14, 2015
  3. How to install windows 10 Iso on a clean os computer

By mistakely I did not partitioned the hard disc using the windows 7 os and booted to install windows 10 Iso.

It showed some of hard disc partions I deleted all others expect the system one and the other which was free

I clicked the that was free partion and during installation it showed they cannot create an extra partion.

I restarted the computer,

windows 7 gone

CAN ANY ONE HELP ME

Vinayak Vijay, Nov 14, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

BunnyJ, Nov 14, 2015
Thema:

1. Win 10 latest update has created an extra drive partion. - Similar Threads - latest update has

2. Issue with creating a new partion.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with creating a new partion.: I am a windows insider in dev channel on windows 11. I have my windows installed in a SSD of size 500 Gb. I want to create a new drive of that SSD of space 250 Gb but when I go in disk Management and Try to create new partion in SSD it shows me this:- It shows that i can only...
  3. Issue with creating a new partion.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with creating a new partion.: I am a windows insider in dev channel on windows 11. I have my windows installed in a SSD of size 500 Gb. I want to create a new drive of that SSD of space 250 Gb but when I go in disk Management and Try to create new partion in SSD it shows me this:- It shows that i can only...
  4. Latest update has created new problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest update has created new problems: Since the most recent 'update' my computer takes 5-7 minutes to even reach the sign-in page. And now my Outlook mail is not working quite right. The hyperlinks just don't function at all. You can click until you're blue in the face and nothing happens. I can copy the...
  5. Latest Win 10 update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest Win 10 update.: I downloaded the latest update about 2 weeks ago. When I went to transfer photo from my camera to computer I found that I was unable to. I got a response saying that I needed to download an app from the store. When I tried the store I was unable to access that as well. Has...
  6. Win 10 Pro now has an extra account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Pro now has an extra account: I recently purchased a new Dell with Win 10 installed. I chose to transfer files from my old Win 7 machine by restoring a backup from my external HDD. When I did this I now have three user folders on the C: drive (Administrator, Bill Payne and brpay). The brpay apparently...
  7. Windows latest update has created severe problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows latest update has created severe problems: At this moment it is exactly 2 hrs after I installed the latest update of windows 10 (KB4482887) and after the installation of the update my laptop is not working up to the mark. I am facing with very severe performance issues and I know one for the fact that it is to deal...
  8. Latest Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Win 10 update: Update was downloaded and when I tried to boot after restart it loads some things (network adapter) that i can see but hangs up after Win trademark and loads no more . I am not tech astute but have tried to boot in safe mode but can't do that. I can load HP diagnostics but...
  9. Latest Win 10 Updates !!!

Latest Win 10 Updates !!!: Anyone had fun today with 10 updates? They went into my pc this morning and since then its taken me an hour and a half to get to the point where I can type this. The pc booted up, no image. Had to reset to default Samsung flat screen to get it to come 'alive'. Then the...
  10. Latest Win 10 Update

Latest Win 10 Update: [img] My PC now updated .. that took a long time, but here in Darkest Africa. I only have an "up to 4 Mbps" ADSL connection. I also see that this is my 100th post on TenForums *Smile This is a great forum, and the willingness of everybody to help less knowledgeable...