Windows 10: Win 10 (latest version) - Cannot see other PCs on my Network

Discus and support Win 10 (latest version) - Cannot see other PCs on my Network in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I used to have HomeGroup and that worked well. Now with 2 newer PCs, and with Homegroup gone, I find that they cannot see each other. The advanced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bioya1, Jan 3, 2019.

1. bioya1 Win User

Win 10 (latest version) - Cannot see other PCs on my Network

I used to have HomeGroup and that worked well. Now with 2 newer PCs, and with Homegroup gone, I find that they cannot see each other. The advanced sharing options are the same in each. Discovery is on and yet they don't discover each other. Any help is appreciated.

:)

bioya1, Jan 3, 2019
  2. Eric2139 Win User

How to Dump Networking Parameters?

Had a customer with this problem, they had a brand new Dell Optiplex 3050, with Windows 10 1709, and Realtek Gbit Family of lan adapters (wired connection). After much troubleshooting (many suggestions listed in the course of this thread), it turned out the PC needed a bios update. Among the updates listed on the dell website for bios version 1.52 (I flashed it with the latest 1.92) was "Update RealtekLOM".

LOM is "lan on motherboard" and the Realtek has flashable firmware.

One step for others having this issue is to check their computer manufacturer's website for "Lom" firmware updates for the particular network adapter - whether integrated or an add-in.

Eric2139, Jan 3, 2019
  3. DaleNoel Win User
    Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Jan 3, 2019
  4. MenyEi Win User

Win 7 PC can't see shared folder of Win 10 PC

I have small home network. The Home Group sharing capabilities are working both ways.

For some reason the Win 10 PC do not appear in the network list in my Win 7 PC, while the Win 7 PC do appear in the Win 10 network list (and can access it's shared folders).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Meny

MenyEi, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Win 10 (latest version) - Cannot see other PCs on my Network - Similar Threads - latest version Cannot

2. Networking problems- can't see other PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking problems- can't see other PCs: We have a home networking router Nighthawk 7000 setup with 3 PCs 2 are Win 10 Home, 1 is Win 7 Home connected with ethernet, two Win 10 Home laptops connected via wifi. Here is the current state of affairs, under Explorer>Network: The Dell Win 7 PC can see all shared...
  3. cannot see other pcs on network????

cannot see other pcs on network????: all of a sudden, i cannot see the other 2 pcs on my network, nor can they see me. i have win 10 64 home on all, all updates as of today, have made sure 2 Function services are started, and all SMB file sharing boxes are checked in windows programs and features. i even tried...
  4. Other PCs on my Network???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Other PCs on my Network???: Hi guys, I've looked at my Network (This PC>Network) and have seen two other PC/Desktops that I don't recognise. What could this be and how can I find out? All help is appreciated! Thanks. submitted by /u/yeebaa [link] [comments]...
  5. Some network PCs not seeing each other

Some network PCs not seeing each other: I have 5 PCs on my network, all running Windows10. Some are connected to the router by ethernet, others by wifi: it doesn't seem to matter which. A, B and C can see all 5 including themselves. Both D and E can only see B and D. What could be stopping them seeing all five?...
  6. Unable to see Win 10 PCs in the network

Unable to see Win 10 PCs in the network: I just had some windows updates installed (and a Unifi controller update) and for some reason, I cannot see my wireless laptop in Network shares in File Explorer from the wired PC. And from my wireless laptop, I cannot see the wired PC in File Explorer. Previously, I had no...
  7. Some PCs Can See Everything on Network While Others Cannot

Some PCs Can See Everything on Network While Others Cannot: Hello, I'm having a strange issue. Our business network has about 100 different devices on it, a combination of printers, servers, and work stations. One of our managers recently had to set up a new machine and now she's unable to see all of the devices on the network, she...
  8. New Win 10 PCs cannot see other PCs on network

New Win 10 PCs cannot see other PCs on network: I have 4 computers on a local private network. Previously these were 2 Windows 10 laptops which had been upgraded from Windows 7, 1 Windows 7 desktop and 1 Linux desktop. At that time all 4 computers could see every computer on the network and were set up so each could share...
  9. PCs Can't See Each Other On A Network

PCs Can't See Each Other On A Network: Hi Our network has not been working properly for ages but we've coped. Now, however, I want to get it working as it should do. Our network comprises three PCs, our two main PCs and a spare which does get used on a regular basis. All are connected via ethernet cables and...
  10. Can't see inside other PCs on network

Can't see inside other PCs on network: I posted this originally in the Insiders section --but got no response -- so I'm reposting it here. I have a Win8.1 PC that I use as a file server, so I regularly connect to it, using "tried and true" accessing techniques that have worked fine for years. I set up the...