Windows 10: Win 10 , Lenovo E580 ThinkPad, Fingerprint has stopped working, can not set new

Discus and support Win 10 , Lenovo E580 ThinkPad, Fingerprint has stopped working, can not set new in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; In a brand new (7 days now) Lenovo Thinkpad E580, with Win 10 Home ENG. First days Fingerprint was working excellent with HELLO Log In, in my MS... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ALPAP1, Feb 7, 2019.

1. ALPAP1 Win User

Win 10 , Lenovo E580 ThinkPad, Fingerprint has stopped working, can not set new

In a brand new (7 days now) Lenovo Thinkpad E580, with Win 10 Home ENG.

First days Fingerprint was working excellent with HELLO Log In, in my MS Account.

After some days and some updates from MS, some have not updated the OS and roll back.

I have tried to set a fingerprint to a second account of my wife's... HELLO works, PIN OK, but the Fingerprint in Windows does not start.

Now I have deleted also my fingerprint in my account, has a new PIN and...in both accounts can not start the Fingerprint procedure.

Has checked latest Fimgerprint Hardware and latest driver from Lenovo, also run a Diagnostic from Lenovo testing Fingerprint, also BIUOS On, All checked and OK!

Please advise,

Alex

Thanks

:)

ALPAP1, Feb 7, 2019
  2. EckiS Win User

Fingerprint reader not working, windows 10, lenovo X200s

On my Lenovo Thinkpad X220 Tablet the fingerprint reader is working with the drivers which were installed by Windows.

In device manager it is listed as "TouchChip Fingerprint Coprocessor (WBF advanced mode)", with a driver from Authentec dated 27.02.2013.

As far as I remember I had to also enable biometric in group policy.

EckiS, Feb 7, 2019
  3. NiOSaBu Win User
    Lenovo ThinkPad Synaptics fingerprint sensor killed by Windows 10 Update

Hardware: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 2

Biometrics device: Fingerprint sensor Synaptics WBD(SGX enabled)

After a usual Windows 10 update the driver for the fingerprint sensor does not work anymore.

Fingerprint sensor cannot be used.

Trouble shooting already done:

- refreshed driver in the device manager

- uninstalled and reinstalled driver for fingerprint sensor

Problem still unresolved. Please help.

NiOSaBu, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Jessen P Win User

Fingerprint scaner does not work as expected in Lenovo laptop

Hi Robert,

What is the model of the Lenovo laptop wherein the fingerprint scanner does not work?

Since the issue involves working of the fingerprint scanner which came inbuilt with the Lenovo laptop, I would request you to contact the laptop manufacturer.

In the meanwhile you can execute the Hardware and devices troubleshooter and then check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Please revert if you face any issues with the fingerprint scanner.

Jessen P, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Win 10 , Lenovo E580 ThinkPad, Fingerprint has stopped working, can not set new - Similar Threads - Lenovo E580 ThinkPad

2. thinkpad windows 10 fingerprint sign in stopped working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    thinkpad windows 10 fingerprint sign in stopped working: the fingerprint sign in randomly stopped working on my lenovo thinkpad windows 10. everything is updated and i've tried following steps on all forums, including uninstalling the fingerprint login.. now i cant get that back. any help?...
  3. thinkpad windows 10 fingerprint sign in stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    thinkpad windows 10 fingerprint sign in stopped working: the fingerprint sign in randomly stopped working on my lenovo thinkpad windows 10. everything is updated and i've tried following steps on all forums, including uninstalling the fingerprint login.. now i cant get that back. any help?...
  4. thinkpad windows 10 fingerprint sign in stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lenovo ThinkPad stop error that has KB4568831 or later on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Lenovo ThinkPad stop error that has KB4568831 or later on Windows 10: Stop error on Lenovo ThinkPad that has KB4568831 or a later update and Enhanced Windows Biometric Security enabled in UEFI Applies to: Windows 10 version 2004 all editions Important This article contains information that shows you how to help lower security settings or how...
  6. New Lenovo X1 Thinkpad camera hardware works but software doesn't Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Lenovo X1 Thinkpad camera hardware works but software doesn't Win 10: I purchased a brand new Lenovo X1 Thinkpad from Costco in January 2020 and only recently had a need to use the camera, which doesn't work. Lenovo warranty service tested the device by running their own operating system with the camera and told me the camera hardware is...
  7. fingerprint scanner lenovo thinkpad t430 not working

fingerprint scanner lenovo thinkpad t430 not working: i have a lenovo thinkpad t430 and i have a built in fingerprint scanner in my laptop and i chose this laptop because my mate has the same but he is running windows 10 and can use the fingerprint scanner as security and im running windows 10 but cannot get mine to function on...
  8. Lenovo thinkpad T440p with fingerprint reader not working / Windows Hello isn't available...

Lenovo thinkpad T440p with fingerprint reader not working / Windows Hello isn't available...: Hello, a couple of days ago, after the latest update, my fingerprint sign in stopped working, I tried to reactivate it but without luck. I have already updated my available drivers, downloaded and installed the driver from Lenovo's webpage and nothing seems to work. There is...
  9. fingerprint scanner not working on Lenovo thinkpad

fingerprint scanner not working on Lenovo thinkpad: For some reason my fingerprint scanner just quit working and I try to rescan but it's like it's not even turned on. I'm incredibly stupid when it comes to computers - just want things to work!...
  10. Lenovo ThinkPad Synaptics fingerprint sensor killed by Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo ThinkPad Synaptics fingerprint sensor killed by Windows 10 Update: Hardware: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 2 OS: Windows 10 Pro / Version 1803 / OS build 17134.137 Biometrics device: Fingerprint sensor Synaptics WBD(SGX enabled) After a usual Windows 10 update the driver for the fingerprint sensor does not work anymore. Fingerprint sensor...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fingerprint not working lenovo yoga

2. how to fix finger print sensor thinkpad e580

3. biometric driver e580