Windows 10: win 10 libraries denying creating a new folder

Discus and support win 10 libraries denying creating a new folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I created a new library called jobs. I want to be able to create new folders in the library, for my each of my various jobs. Every time I try to create... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gerretw, Feb 26, 2019.

1. gerretw Win User

win 10 libraries denying creating a new folder

I created a new library called jobs. I want to be able to create new folders in the library, for my each of my various jobs. Every time I try to create a new folder it makes it as a subfolder in an existing folder.

I used the manage library to relocate folders that were in the documents folder. Now I need to create new ones. Why can't I create them in my new jobs folder?

I do not want to keep my job folders in the documents folder. I want my job library to function exactly as the documents library. But my job library does not function like the documents library.

I do not have this problem on my desk top, just my laptop. I have win 10 on the laptop which was an upgrade from windows 8.

windows8_OS (Cwin 10 libraries denying creating a new folder :)

version 1803(os build 17134.590)

:)

gerretw, Feb 26, 2019
  2. jzehring Win User

Library folder create new library not working (not available)

See this: Create New Library in Windows 10
    Pictures will help understand my problem.

Create new library 3 methods. Only Method 3 works for me.
    1) Explorer Library Folder: right-click -> New -> (Empty) --- Library is missing, actual text displayed is (Empty)
    2) ... on ribbon : New Item --- no drop down --- does nothing. In a normal folder, it does drop down with list of types to create.

Note: on the left side if you right click on the "Library" - the same (Empty) for option New is displayed (Like Method 1 above)

Any ideas on how to fix this? I assume a registry entry or 2.. is missing or damaged.

Thanks.

jzehring, Feb 26, 2019
  3. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 26, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

1. win 10 libraries denying creating a new folder - Similar Threads - libraries denying creating

2. Creating a new folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a new folder: Every time I create a new file it is created in the cloud.I don't want it created in the cloud.I want it created on my C: drive with all my other files.How do I tell the system to create the new file on my C: drive?Thanks for any help with this.KEN...
  3. folders no longer created in pictures library in new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folders no longer created in pictures library in new computer: On my old laptop running Windows 10, when I imported photos from an SD card, they were sorted automatically by 'date taken' into subfolders. I recently updated to a desktop, also running Windows 10, and this functionality seems to have been lost. I copied the existing...
  4. cannot create a new folder in Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot create a new folder in Win 10: I have not been able to create a folder in windows 10 for sometime now. need advice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-a-new-folder-in-win-10/dcd0b5ba-62b3-40fc-8d87-7c77faac1f68
  5. Create folders in win 10

Create folders in win 10: I have lost the ability to create new folders in win 10. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-folders-in-win-10/0361e4ea-74f9-4675-8cc7-0fa59b1237fb"
  6. CREATING A NEW FOLDER

CREATING A NEW FOLDER: I am unable to create a new folder on any of drives using Windows 10 anyone had this issue or know a fix for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-new-folder/258c0742-8a52-4391-bad5-5f9bb36ca7a0"
  7. create new folder

create new folder: I cant create a new folder in windows 10 in my pictures. how do I fix this.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-folder/cbc88120-c637-451f-9adf-def7e54748fa"
  8. Error in Win 10 cannot create new folders

Error in Win 10 cannot create new folders: I use Windows 10 on my personal pc. A few months ago there was a sudden and unexplained change: I can no longer create new folders "Ctrl+Shift+N" does not work nor does right click on the mouse. Please explain why and how to I correct this fault Paul C...
  9. Library folder create new library not working (not available)

in Windows 10 Support
    Library folder create new library not working (not available): See this: Create New Library in Windows 10 Pictures will help understand my problem. Create new library 3 methods. Only Method 3 works for me. 1) Explorer Library Folder: right-click -> New -> (Empty) --- Library is missing, actual text displayed is (Empty) 2) ... on...
  10. Create New Library in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create New Library in Windows 10: How to: Create New Library in Windows 10 How to Create a New Library in Windows 10 [img] Information Libraries gather folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one place. You can add or remove folders and drives to be included in a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. access denied to libraries folder win 10