Windows 10: Win 10 license activation on new build

Discus and support Win 10 license activation on new build in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi everyone I'm planning on building a new pc soon, but I'd like some reassurance before I make a start in a month or two. As I understand it if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Lewis__84, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Lewis__84 Win User

Win 10 license activation on new build

Hi everyone

I'm planning on building a new pc soon, but I'd like some reassurance before I make a start in a month or two.

As I understand it if I link my Microsoft account to Windows 10 which I've not done yet then my digital license I upgraded from 7 will be stored on the Microsoft servers, as such reactivation shouldn't be a problem even on a completely new pc, including mobo, is this correct?

I would also like to know if I link my Microsoft account to win 10 on my current pc can I then unlink after and the digital license will still be stored on the servers for when I do upgrade, despite unlinking? as I only want it linked long enough to make sure my licence is stored on the servers, apologies if I've not explained that very well.

Thanks in advance

:)

Lewis__84, Jan 29, 2021

2. Transferring Win 10 license to new machine.

Perform a direct clean install of Windows 10 Pro on the new machine, then use your Windows 8 Pro key to reactivate:

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Then use chat support to reactivate:

Resources: How
    to install and activate Windows 10 using your Windows 7 or Windows 8 product key

Andre Da Costa, Jan 29, 2021
  3. LaytonJnr Win User
    How to move Win 7 license over to a new rig?

AFAIK, OEM licenses will have a Product ID that usually contain "OEM" within it - it can be found under Control Panel > System > Windows Activation (usually).

Layton

LaytonJnr, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Win 10 license activation on new build

Transfer Win 10 license to a new PC

Hello,

I bought a new PC and read that I can transfer my Windows 10 license to it and I have a few questions.

Few years ago I used Win 7 Pro license to install my two PC's.

When FREE update came I upgraded both of them to Windows 10 x64 PRO.

Yesterday I assembled a new PC which will replace one of them and I want to transfer the license to it from the one it is replacing.

The question is if I transfer the activation license will I lose the activation on the second PC or not?

What are the steps to do the actual license transfer?

Vladimir Jelovac, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

Win 10 license activation on new build

1. Win 10 license activation on new build - Similar Threads - license activation build

2. Win 10 license activation on new pc build

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 license activation on new pc build: Hi everyone I'm planning on building a new pc soon, but I'd like some reassurance before I make a start in a month or two. As I understand it if I link my Microsoft account to Windows 10 which I've not done yet then my digital license I upgraded from 7 will be stored on...
  3. Activation Windows 10 New Build

Activation Windows 10 New Build: I built a new pc with all new parts. My old pc has a retail key. I uninstalled the key correctly on the old computer, no problem. The build went awesome by the way my first time. When I went through the media tool installation process it took my key so I didn't think anything...
  4. win 10 and this new digital license thing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 and this new digital license thing: Hi Folks, I just built a machine today, it was/is a Win 10 Enterprise box. I have a Win 10 CD and a PID. I made the PC, Im in as a local user in an old-timey account and got it going as usual. At one point during the setup MS was asking me to join the herd and use a...
  5. Win 10 License activation PC dead

Win 10 License activation PC dead: I upgraded quite awhile ago to Win 10 for free. I've moved out of state and finally hooked my computer back up to find that the license needs activating (where do I get THAT code now?) and it's constantly running extremely slowwwwwwww. So I chose to turn off wifi just to...
  6. Activating Windows 10 new build

Activating Windows 10 new build: So I have a new pc build and try to activate Windows 10 pro (digital license) from a SSD of my previous build. I can't activate it (see pic 1) If i use the troubleshoot option, i get an error (see pic 2 in comments) Can anyone help me out? [ATTACH]...
  7. Win 10 activation is expiring - volume license

Win 10 activation is expiring - volume license: I just started getting the popup message that "win 10 activation is expiring" reading some threads here I figured out that it is expiring on 3/13/18 and it is a volume license I bought this computer from a private seller on ebay. I'm pretty sure it was upgraded from Win-7...
  8. Windows 10 Activation on new Build

Windows 10 Activation on new Build: Hope I'm right, log on to my Microsoft Account so now they have my key right? Building new machine with new board and cpu, if I read right I load new windows10 on new build then log into my Microsoft account for new hardware change? The machine I have now has a digital key....
  9. NEW BUILD win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NEW BUILD win 10: has microsoft released a new iso for windows 10 today 7124
  10. Win 7/Win 10 new system build

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 7/Win 10 new system build: Had retail win 7 pro installed on two existing systems. Upgraded both systems to free Win 10. Planning on building new system. If I install win 7, will I be eligible for free Win10 upgrade? 60626