Windows 10: Win 10 License activation PC dead

Discus and support Win 10 License activation PC dead in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded quite awhile ago to Win 10 for free. I've moved out of state and finally hooked my computer back up to find that the license needs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CarolOsten, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Win 10 License activation PC dead

I upgraded quite awhile ago to Win 10 for free. I've moved out of state and finally hooked my computer back up to find that the license needs activating (where do I get THAT code now?) and it's constantly running extremely slowwwwwwww. So I chose to turn off wifi just to finish a project I was working on, to find out that it will NOT boot into Windows! After hours and multiple tries to repair, backup, everything and anything to try to save my files, I get nowhere. I've hooked up hardwire, but that doesn't work either. I'm at a loss!!! Other than pull the hard drive and connect somewhere else (don't have the same connections here where we moved to), I don't know what to do. I did find out through this process that Windows must be running from online through the internet and won't now that it's not connected. Please, I need help!! Anyone?

:)

CarolOsten, Jul 3, 2019
  2. LaytonJnr Win User

How to move Win 7 license over to a new rig?

AFAIK, OEM licenses will have a Product ID that usually contain "OEM" within it - it can be found under Control Panel > System > Windows Activation (usually).

Layton

LaytonJnr, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Transfer Win 10 license to a new PC

Hello,

I bought a new PC and read that I can transfer my Windows 10 license to it and I have a few questions.

Few years ago I used Win 7 Pro license to install my two PC's.

When FREE update came I upgraded both of them to Windows 10 x64 PRO.

Yesterday I assembled a new PC which will replace one of them and I want to transfer the license to it from the one it is replacing.

The question is if I transfer the activation license will I lose the activation on the second PC or not?

What are the steps to do the actual license transfer?

Vladimir Jelovac, Jul 3, 2019
  4. krimetal Win User

Win 10 License activation PC dead

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 License activation PC dead

1. Win 10 License activation PC dead - Similar Threads - License activation dead

2. Win 10 OEM_DM license activation fails in AD domain

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 OEM_DM license activation fails in AD domain: My PCs came with OEM_DM windows 10 license. After reinstalling windows, license gets activated as long as the PC is not joined to the windows AD domain. Trying to activate license after joining domain fails with 0xC004F074 error. It seems the PC is trying to look for volume...
  3. Transfer windows license from dead pc to new one

Transfer windows license from dead pc to new one: My pc died and I'm building a new one now. I was wondering if I could somehow get a free installation for my new pc since I already had a license once. Thing is I can't access my old pc to uninstall if I have to. I had the license since windows 8 and upgraded to windwos 10 if...
  4. ACTIVATION & LICENSE

ACTIVATION & LICENSE: we bought a laptop i3 7 gen in nov 2018, there was a problem is error showing by flash massages "windows license expire soon' while windows already activated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-license/283536db-a952-43b7-badb-5a90c83b8ef6"
  5. Windows 10 digital license activation on a new PC.

Windows 10 digital license activation on a new PC.: Hello, i got a free upgrade to Windows 10 on my laptop when Microsoft first announced it. That was a few years ago. I got a new PC last year and the shop i got it from had already Windows pre-installed on the device. As i discovered, it was a pirated license. It started...
  6. Licensing and activation

Licensing and activation: I have bought new pc and now wants to activate my windows 10 on it how can i remove it from my old pc and use it on new pc.. i don't have activation key as the windows 10 was bought online from Microsoft store and was activated by their support engineer....
  7. Transfer license from the dead

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer license from the dead: My laptop died, as in the cylinders were ratting around. Idiot me tossed it before it dawned on me that I might not get full windows 10 on my new laptop. Which turned out to be a Surface - it comes with Windows 10 S (which seems to be a 'we want to protect you from...
  8. Win 10 activation is expiring - volume license

Win 10 activation is expiring - volume license: I just started getting the popup message that "win 10 activation is expiring" reading some threads here I figured out that it is expiring on 3/13/18 and it is a volume license I bought this computer from a private seller on ebay. I'm pretty sure it was upgraded from Win-7...
  9. PC Dead (maybe)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC Dead (maybe): OK over the last 2 months my pc has just shut down for no reason and the only way to get it to turn back on is to pull the plug from the wall and wait a few seconds. It has done this about 3 times. Last night playing ARK my game froze and the only way to get back to the...
  10. Win 10 dead as a door nail!

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 dead as a door nail!: Guys, About an hour ago, in the middle of things my PC (win 10 pro 64-bit, HP Elite 8000) totally froze and I had to turn it off. After re-booting, no icon on the desktop works anymore, not a single one. I have rebooted several times, hitting F9, F10, etc but always the...