Windows 10: Win 10 License activation PC dead

Discus and support Win 10 License activation PC dead in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded quite awhile ago to Win 10 for free. I've moved out of state and finally hooked my computer back up to find that the license needs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CarolOsten, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Win 10 License activation PC dead

I upgraded quite awhile ago to Win 10 for free. I've moved out of state and finally hooked my computer back up to find that the license needs activating (where do I get THAT code now?) and it's constantly running extremely slowwwwwwww. So I chose to turn off wifi just to finish a project I was working on, to find out that it will NOT boot into Windows! After hours and multiple tries to repair, backup, everything and anything to try to save my files, I get nowhere. I've hooked up hardwire, but that doesn't work either. I'm at a loss!!! Other than pull the hard drive and connect somewhere else (don't have the same connections here where we moved to), I don't know what to do. I did find out through this process that Windows must be running from online through the internet and won't now that it's not connected. Please, I need help!! Anyone?

:)

CarolOsten, Jul 3, 2019
  2. LaytonJnr Win User

How to move Win 7 license over to a new rig?

AFAIK, OEM licenses will have a Product ID that usually contain "OEM" within it - it can be found under Control Panel > System > Windows Activation (usually).

Layton

LaytonJnr, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Transfer Win 10 license to a new PC

Hello,

I bought a new PC and read that I can transfer my Windows 10 license to it and I have a few questions.

Few years ago I used Win 7 Pro license to install my two PC's.

When FREE update came I upgraded both of them to Windows 10 x64 PRO.

Yesterday I assembled a new PC which will replace one of them and I want to transfer the license to it from the one it is replacing.

The question is if I transfer the activation license will I lose the activation on the second PC or not?

What are the steps to do the actual license transfer?

Vladimir Jelovac, Jul 3, 2019
  4. krimetal Win User

Win 10 License activation PC dead

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 License activation PC dead

1. Win 10 License activation PC dead - Similar Threads - License activation dead

2. Upgrade Win version with license from dead machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Win version with license from dead machine: My US English Windows 10 Pro laptop has failed here in Brasil. I purchased a new Acer notebook but it has a single language windows 10 Home in Portuguese. Can I restore my English Win 10 Pro to my new notebook?...
  3. Upgrade Win version with license from dead machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Win version with license from dead machine: My US English Windows 10 Pro laptop has failed here in Brasil. I purchased a new Acer notebook but it has a single language windows 10 Home in Portuguese. Can I restore my English Win 10 Pro to my new notebook?...
  4. Upgrade Win version with license from dead machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Pro license on a dead PC, Windows 10 Home on a new one...transfer license?

Windows 10 Pro license on a dead PC, Windows 10 Home on a new one...transfer license?: Completer motherboard failure on an older PC 10 years. Figuring new board, CPU, DDR, etc., getting a Dell XPS 8940 via Costco. Good hardware, Windows Home 10. I do have the license information on my old PC Windows 10 Pro. I have a home network using Windows Server Essentials...
  6. How to get Win 10 license key from a dead laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to get Win 10 license key from a dead laptop: Yesterday morning when I started my laptop (Dell 7140) , it went into BSOD and will not restart after 100% data collection. I had to hold the power key for 10.15 sec to power it off. I powered it on again and it went to BSOD a few seconds after the display of the DELL logo....
  7. Win 10 license activation on new pc build

Win 10 license activation on new pc build: Hi everyone I'm planning on building a new pc soon, but I'd like some reassurance before I make a start in a month or two. As I understand it if I link my Microsoft account to Windows 10 which I've not done yet then my digital license I upgraded from 7 will be stored on...
  8. Win 10 license activation on new build

Win 10 license activation on new build: Hi everyone I'm planning on building a new pc soon, but I'd like some reassurance before I make a start in a month or two. As I understand it if I link my Microsoft account to Windows 10 which I've not done yet then my digital license I upgraded from 7 will be stored on...
  9. Win 10 on dead hdd

Win 10 on dead hdd: Hi all .. i need some advice on my options please ... i have had windows 10 for a few years now but it was the free upgrade from my win 7 when 10 was released .. My hdd has died, i have 3 other hdd’s installed and the back up of “my computer” was on one of them the folder...
  10. Win 10 activation is expiring - volume license

Win 10 activation is expiring - volume license: I just started getting the popup message that "win 10 activation is expiring" reading some threads here I figured out that it is expiring on 3/13/18 and it is a volume license I bought this computer from a private seller on ebay. I'm pretty sure it was upgraded from Win-7...