Windows 10: Win 10 license

Discus and support Win 10 license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased a used Desktop on eBay. The computer has a Microsoft sticker with product key on it. Can I use that product key to install windows, or in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jrdST, Oct 12, 2019.

1. jrdST Win User

Win 10 license

I purchased a used Desktop on eBay. The computer has a Microsoft sticker with product key on it. Can I use that product key to install windows, or in other words does the license transfer with the computer, or do i need to purchase a product key because the sticker is only valid for the first user of that desktop?

:)

jrdST, Oct 12, 2019
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Oct 12, 2019
  3. LaytonJnr Win User
    How to move Win 7 license over to a new rig?

AFAIK, OEM licenses will have a Product ID that usually contain "OEM" within it - it can be found under Control Panel > System > Windows Activation (usually).

Layton

LaytonJnr, Oct 12, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Win 10 license

License Agreement Confusion Causes Misinformation over Windows 10 Overreach

Make it sound like your on a 10 step program, so no cookies here.

AsRock, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 license

1. Win 10 license - Similar Threads - license

2. Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?: I have a single PC that I dual boot into two Win10 installations: one for work, one for gaming. Both installations use the same retail digital license. I got hit by a Windows activation bug where a BIOS upgrade resulted in both installations losing activation because Windows...
  3. Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?: I have a single PC that I dual boot into two Win10 installations: one for work, one for gaming. Both installations use the same retail digital license. I got hit by a Windows activation bug where a BIOS upgrade resulted in both installations losing activation because Windows...
  4. Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows license copy from laptop to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows license copy from laptop to PC: Hello! I have a laptop with Win 11 installed on it and thinking to buy a PC. Do I need to purchase with preinstalled Windows or can I install it myself since I do have a copy on the laptop?...
  6. Windows license copy from laptop to PC

Windows license copy from laptop to PC: Hello! I have a laptop with Win 11 installed on it and thinking to buy a PC. Do I need to purchase with preinstalled Windows or can I install it myself since I do have a copy on the laptop?...
  7. my computer says my windows license will expire, please help me someone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer says my windows license will expire, please help me someone: my computer says 'your window license will expire soon' how do i renew it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-my-windows-license-will-expire/ff7dc724-033e-4d24-b0e2-4257463e348b
  8. my computer says my windows license will expire, please help me someone

my computer says my windows license will expire, please help me someone: my computer says 'your window license will expire soon' how do i renew it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-my-windows-license-will-expire/ff7dc724-033e-4d24-b0e2-4257463e348b
  9. my computer says my windows license will expire, please help me someone

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  10. Windows 11 enterprises license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 enterprises license: WINDOWS 11 ENTERPRISE PRODUCT KEY LIFETIME VALIDITY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-enterprises-license/ad34312b-b920-4d5c-9a05-5e51b4323fc0