Windows 10: Win 10 licensing from Win 7 OEM key

Discus and support Win 10 licensing from Win 7 OEM key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We have a large number of Dell systems in our organisation, currently on windows 7 PRO licensed with Dell OEM. Can we use the windows 7 or 8 Dell OEM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by carlmarchant, May 3, 2019.

1. Win 10 licensing from Win 7 OEM key

We have a large number of Dell systems in our organisation, currently on windows 7 PRO licensed with Dell OEM. Can we use the windows 7 or 8 Dell OEM key embedded in the motherboard to upgrade the system to Windows 10 PRO free of charge?

:)

carlmarchant, May 3, 2019
  2. LaytonJnr Win User

How to move Win 7 license over to a new rig?

AFAIK, OEM licenses will have a Product ID that usually contain "OEM" within it - it can be found under Control Panel > System > Windows Activation (usually).

Layton

LaytonJnr, May 3, 2019
  3. jsalpha2 Win User
    Windows 7 OEM key

Hope this is not against the rules. If you do a clean install of Windows 10, it may, (has for me) accept a Win 7 OEM key and activate.

jsalpha2, May 3, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Win 10 licensing from Win 7 OEM key

How to move Win 7 license over to a new rig?

I know this topic has come up before. First, clear the air... this is a legit Win 7 Ultimate install/key.

I'll be building a new system and want to uninstall Win 7 from the current system and reinstall with a new MB, CPU and memory. I want to do a clean install, this one was buggered when Windows Update was running (I didn't know at the time), and I was trying to uninstall Norton. It's not pretty.

I've got 2 problems:

• I don't know the original key (I have used Belarc Advisor before with success, are there any other tools?)
    • I don't know exactly what flavor of Win 7 I have on this PC. I don't even know if it's retail or OEM. How do I find what image I need?
    Thanks in advance...

Sasqui, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 licensing from Win 7 OEM key

1. Win 10 licensing from Win 7 OEM key - Similar Threads - licensing OEM key

2. win 7 to win 10 upgrade with new license key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 7 to win 10 upgrade with new license key: i am running win 7 and want to upgrade to win 10 and buy a new license key. But there wasnt a link for a win 10 .iso file, so i bought win 11 with a license key. But turns out my computer cant run Win 11. Can i use the key i just bought on a win 10 .iso if there is a place to...
  3. win 7 to win 10 upgrade with new license key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 7 to win 10 upgrade with new license key: i am running win 7 and want to upgrade to win 10 and buy a new license key. But there wasnt a link for a win 10 .iso file, so i bought win 11 with a license key. But turns out my computer cant run Win 11. Can i use the key i just bought on a win 10 .iso if there is a place to...
  4. win 7 to win 10 upgrade with new license key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win 7 to Win 10 key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 7 to Win 10 key: I have a laptop with win7 key OEM, I updated to windows 10 without problem. Now the Hard Disk is failed, I replace it and now I cant install win 10 with the same key, What can I do?...
  6. Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10: Currently, I heard online saying that Microsoft will free all upgrade keys from Win7 with license to upgrade to Win10 with license for 1 year. Is it the truth? If more than 1 year free from that date, what should I do to upgrade to licensed Win10?Sorry, I'm not a good student...
  7. Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10: Currently, I heard online saying that Microsoft will free all upgrade keys from Win7 with license to upgrade to Win10 with license for 1 year. Is it the truth? If more than 1 year free from that date, what should I do to upgrade to licensed Win10?Sorry, I'm not a good student...
  8. Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. OEM Win 10 license transfer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OEM Win 10 license transfer: Hello. 3 years ago I bought a laptop with OEM windows 10 license. 1 year ago I replaced the original HDD with SSD. Now Im thinking about buying a new laptop. My question is: do I need to buy a laptop with preinstalled windows, or is it possible to transfer windows and all...
  10. Win 10 upgrade using win 7 OEM key(dell)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 upgrade using win 7 OEM key(dell): My Dell inspiron N5110 did not pass win upgrade compatibility test in back a long ago. now i have changed hardware and want to upgrade to Win10. there are 2 problems I cannot upgrade win10 using OEM product key using either DVD upgrade OR windows 10 download website. How to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 from win 7 OEM