Windows 10: WIN 10 Linked Phone - Can't Delete SMS messages

Discus and support WIN 10 Linked Phone - Can't Delete SMS messages in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently installed "Link Your Phone" on my desktop PC. All good except that I can't figure out how to DELETE incoming SMS messages on the desktop app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mminieriATms, Jun 27, 2022.

1. WIN 10 Linked Phone - Can't Delete SMS messages

I recently installed "Link Your Phone" on my desktop PC. All good except that I can't figure out how to DELETE incoming SMS messages on the desktop app AND I can find these messages in my phone.Anyone?

:)

mminieriATms, Jun 27, 2022
  2. Frabnkhs Win User

Send and receive SMS messages without a mobile phone.

SMS is actually sent via internet Email

On a phone when you sent a text to [standard 10 digit phone number] it is actually sending via internet email to the proper portal.

To sent a text from your Email to me it would be [my 10 digit phone number]@sms.myboostmobile.com
    To a T-Mobile phone it would be [10 digit phone number]@tmomail.net

A bit clumsy but can be done

Here is a Wikipedia page that gives a good description on how it works and down the page is a list of Phone Carrier SMS portals

SMS gateway - Wikipedia

Frabnkhs, Jun 27, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    SMS Connect now rolling out to Skype Insiders with preview 8.30.76.41

Source: Skype Insider Preview - Microsoft Community

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Jun 27, 2022
  4. WIN 10 Linked Phone - Can't Delete SMS messages

Delete backed up SMS/MMS messages

So, currently it looks like I am able to delete my SMS backups by doing the following:

• Using a WP8 device, sync your messages to the phone.
    • Delete all the messages.
    • Sync your Microsoft account.
    Doing this, it looks like the deleted SMS messages are removed from the backup I see on Outlook.com. The problem is that it looks like the WP8 device will not download any backed up MMS messages, which means I cannot delete these from my back up.

Now that I know how to delete my backed up SMS messages, does anyone know how I can delete all my backed up
    MMS messages?

Heinz57Sriracha, Jun 27, 2022
Thema:

WIN 10 Linked Phone - Can't Delete SMS messages

1. WIN 10 Linked Phone - Can't Delete SMS messages - Similar Threads - Linked Phone Can't

2. Windows Phone link, for Android, can't send SMS messages to phone numbers, unless you save...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Phone link, for Android, can't send SMS messages to phone numbers, unless you save...: I'm wanting to use Phone Link on my computer to text reminder emails to clients. Using Win11, connected to Samsung S21 5G.HOWEVER, in the computer app, when I enter a phone number that isn't saved into my contacts list, it comes up with 'No Results Found' at the top, and the...
  3. Windows Phone link, for Android, can't send SMS messages to phone numbers, unless you save...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Phone link, for Android, can't send SMS messages to phone numbers, unless you save...: I'm wanting to use Phone Link on my computer to text reminder emails to clients. Using Win11, connected to Samsung S21 5G.HOWEVER, in the computer app, when I enter a phone number that isn't saved into my contacts list, it comes up with 'No Results Found' at the top, and the...
  4. Phone Link: Deleting Messages - Timeline?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link: Deleting Messages - Timeline?: I can display the messages from my phone on my PC phone link app. I can't see any way to delete a message from that app. Where is the delete button? Are you working on this?...
  5. Phone Link: Deleting Messages - Timeline?

Phone Link: Deleting Messages - Timeline?: I can display the messages from my phone on my PC phone link app. I can't see any way to delete a message from that app. Where is the delete button? Are you working on this?...
  6. Why can't I delete messages in Phone Link?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I delete messages in Phone Link?: Why can't I delete messages in Phone Link? Some messages don't even exist non my phone. Have uninstalled on phone and PC laptop and reinstalled completing full reset/repair. Old messages still appear? Delete option on keyboard does not work!...
  7. Why can't I delete messages in Phone Link?

Why can't I delete messages in Phone Link?: Why can't I delete messages in Phone Link? Some messages don't even exist non my phone. Have uninstalled on phone and PC laptop and reinstalled completing full reset/repair. Old messages still appear? Delete option on keyboard does not work!...
  8. How delete a SMS message from Windows 10 phone link app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How delete a SMS message from Windows 10 phone link app?: I deleted all SMS from my connected android smartphone Pixel 6.I still see SMS message in windows 10 phone link app.I already tried to:Update both app from smartphone and from windows 10delete and reinstall phone link in windows 10 storeuninstall and reinstall phone link on...
  9. How delete a SMS message from Windows 10 phone link app?

How delete a SMS message from Windows 10 phone link app?: I deleted all SMS from my connected android smartphone Pixel 6.I still see SMS message in windows 10 phone link app.I already tried to:Update both app from smartphone and from windows 10delete and reinstall phone link in windows 10 storeuninstall and reinstall phone link on...
  10. WIN 10 Linked Phone - Can't Delete SMS messages

WIN 10 Linked Phone - Can't Delete SMS messages: I recently installed "Link Your Phone" on my desktop PC. All good except that I can't figure out how to DELETE incoming SMS messages on the desktop app AND I can find these messages in my phone.Anyone?...