Windows 10: Win 10 lock screen not working

Discus and support Win 10 lock screen not working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Home desktop and the lock function no longer works. I had it setup to lock with the screensaver and that worked well . I would... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Whindy, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Whindy Win User

Win 10 lock screen not working

I have a Windows 10 Home desktop and the lock function no longer works.

I had it setup to lock with the screensaver and that worked well . I would also control-alt-delete to engage the lock. That is no longer an option on my login. Oddly enough, there is a second user ID on the machine with very limited rights. That ID is able to lock the computer. go figure!?!? Any suggestions appreciated!

:)

Whindy, Feb 7, 2019

2. Lock screen problem in Win 10

Hi Graham,

Changing some settings on your computer may help resolve. Follow the steps below to show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization, then Lock screen.
    • Turn ON Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen switch.
    • Lock your computer to test.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Win 10 lock screen not working

No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "rolling slideshow ", what exactly are you referring to?
    • When you say that "I can't activate it again.", are you referring that you are not able to Activate Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 lock screen not working

1. Win 10 lock screen not working - Similar Threads - lock screen working

2. Lock Screen is not working with the GPO under Win Enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen is not working with the GPO under Win Enterprise: According to the AD Group Policy this GPO should work under Windows Enterprise, I upgraded my windows version just because of this comment and it hasn't worked neither. Attached picture of the message inside the GPO configuration pop-up windowHas any boy found a way to make...
  3. Lock Screen is not working with the GPO under Win Enterprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen is not working with the GPO under Win Enterprise: According to the AD Group Policy this GPO should work under Windows Enterprise, I upgraded my windows version just because of this comment and it hasn't worked neither. Attached picture of the message inside the GPO configuration pop-up windowHas any boy found a way to make...
  4. Win 10 Screen Lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Screen Lock: Are Microsoft programmers seriously losing it or is human resources hiring their friends? Why am I here trying to figure out how to stop the screen saver from activating..... it is set to NEVER and NEVER and the screen lock keeps activating after 30 seconds? This...
  5. Windows 10 Lock Screen Not Working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Lock Screen Not Working: On January 24, 2021, I tried to log into my Windows 10 PC but the lockscreen doesn't work, it only shows the background and the mouse, it doesn't show the time, date and other important UI that I would use to reboot my computer. I tried rebooting the computer but no results....
  6. Lock screen win 10, window spotlight

Lock screen win 10, window spotlight: I have reinatalled window 10 on my laptop several times version 20H2, but this time, the spotlight feature has stopped. I tried lots of method to fix it which can find on the internet, but all of them were ineffective. What should i do?? Please help....
  7. Picture on Opening, Lock? Screen, Win 10

Picture on Opening, Lock? Screen, Win 10: When Windows boots up, a picture of an old car shows up, It is one in my picture folder, I don't want ANY picture there, how do I delete it and stop any other one from showing up. Thank You...
  8. Bypass Win 10 Lock Screen

Bypass Win 10 Lock Screen: Win 10 gpedit "Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization" does not show Personalization. I want to bypass / eliminate lock screen. Have tried entry in Register, doesn't consistently work....
  9. Windows 10 Lock screen not working

Windows 10 Lock screen not working: basically when i try to upload an image it doesn't load,same for the slideshow. (Lock Screen not Background) I might have disabled something,maybe someone can help me....
  10. Win 10 Lock screen issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Lock screen issue: Hi, I am using Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.376] and would like to keep the lock screen on for a certain amount of time (10 minutes). I searched here and found an outdated post (Power Options - Add Console lock display off timeout Tutorial | Windows 8 Help Forums)...