Windows 10: Win 10 locked

Discus and support Win 10 locked in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; On account.microsoft.com/devices I accidentially locked my device (Surface Pro with Win10). Now I cannot login into my device anymore. I keep getting... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by wathertree, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Win 10 locked

On account.microsoft.com/devices I accidentially locked my device (Surface Pro with Win10). Now I cannot login into my device anymore. I keep getting the message "An administrator has restricted sign in. To sign in, make sure your device is connected to the Internet, and have your administrator sign in first." The device is in a domain and the user I am trying to login with has admin-rights. What can I do?

:)

wathertree, Feb 12, 2019

2. Win 10 lock-up problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance regarding the issue.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Lock screen problem in Win 10

Hi Graham,

Changing some settings on your computer may help resolve. Follow the steps below to show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization, then Lock screen.
    • Turn ON Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen switch.
    • Lock your computer to test.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Win 10 locked

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 locked

1. Win 10 locked - Similar Threads - locked

2. Taskbar keeps moving even when locked, on several computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar keeps moving even when locked, on several computers: I am having the same issue as thousands of other windows users from what I have read. Computer 1 - taskbar is set to display at the bottom of the screen. After a certain amount of time (or reboots) it gets moved to the side, even though it is locked. Computer 2 - set...
  3. Lock screen picture overlays slideshow

Lock screen picture overlays slideshow: Hi, my issue with Windows 10x64 1803 Lock screen slideshow not working is a bit different than usual When the issue occurs (not always, but almost always), the screen shows the defined Picture (and no clock etc.) _however_ when I press Enter, before showing the lockscreen...
  4. Bypass or disable lock screen after resume from sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bypass or disable lock screen after resume from sleep: I am on 1803 Pro, I don't have any password set but everytime the computer resumes from sleep I have to click on the sign in button. I had disabled previously the lock screen but it just came back randomly. This time trying 4-5 different techniques: netplwiz, registry change,...
  5. locked in "local administrator" account, can't access anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    locked in "local administrator" account, can't access anything: Someone fixed my laptop screen that was disconnected then tried to keep the laptop. When I finally got it back, they had changed the user accounts and password on windows. I was somehow able to log into an administrator account (with the password for my original user/admin...
  6. Lock Screen images are gpme

Lock Screen images are gpme: I have a Surface . The IT team had to re-image it because of some issues I had with it. It came back today and the beautiful background pictures that I would previously see on lock screen are gone. I am talking about the ones that said if you want to learn more, click...
  7. Windows 10 gets frozen on Blue Screen with text that says locking and spinning dots

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 gets frozen on Blue Screen with text that says locking and spinning dots: I work in IT for my company and we have about 10 machines that when the user is away from their computer the computer tries to lock, when they come back the computer is frozen with the text "locking" with the spinning dots. The only way to get past this is a hard restart. All...
  8. locked out of my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    locked out of my computer: I'm unable to log in to my computer. it was working perfectly fine and its a new laptop anyways, the screen displays symbols instead of the day and date, and any click makes the screen go blue for few seconds and then it comes back to those symbols screen....
  9. Bypass or disable lock screen after resume from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Bypass or disable lock screen after resume from sleep: I am on 1803 Pro, I don't have any password set but everytime the computer resumes from sleep I have to click on the sign in button. I had disabled previously the lock screen but it just came back randomly. This time trying 4-5 different techniques: netplwiz, registry change,...
  10. CPU is locked by Bitlocker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU is locked by Bitlocker: I had an issue with Bitlocker but I managed to get the Bitlocker unlocked. However I lost access to my computer, CPU is still locked. I can navigate CPU but I cannot do anything outside CMD....