Windows 10: Win 10 locked

Discus and support Win 10 locked in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; On account.microsoft.com/devices I accidentially locked my device (Surface Pro with Win10). Now I cannot login into my device anymore. I keep getting... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by wathertree, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Win 10 locked

On account.microsoft.com/devices I accidentially locked my device (Surface Pro with Win10). Now I cannot login into my device anymore. I keep getting the message "An administrator has restricted sign in. To sign in, make sure your device is connected to the Internet, and have your administrator sign in first." The device is in a domain and the user I am trying to login with has admin-rights. What can I do?

:)

wathertree, Feb 12, 2019

2. Win 10 lock-up problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance regarding the issue.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Lock screen problem in Win 10

Hi Graham,

Changing some settings on your computer may help resolve. Follow the steps below to show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization, then Lock screen.
    • Turn ON Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen switch.
    • Lock your computer to test.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Win 10 locked

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 locked

1. Win 10 locked - Similar Threads - locked

2. How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?: I have been getting this new pop-up since yesterday which shows up whenever my Caps lock or Num lock button is pressed. Never had this issue before. I did install a software update yesterday before shutting down my laptop. Just so you know, I am using a HP Victus laptop with...
  3. How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?: I have been getting this new pop-up since yesterday which shows up whenever my Caps lock or Num lock button is pressed. Never had this issue before. I did install a software update yesterday before shutting down my laptop. Just so you know, I am using a HP Victus laptop with...
  4. How can I get a new authentication method to open a locked account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get a new authentication method to open a locked account?: Every time I try to unlock my account it says that the verification method is not available and gives no other options for verification. What can be done to unlock the account and cancel the lock??...
  5. How can I get a new authentication method to open a locked account?

How can I get a new authentication method to open a locked account?: Every time I try to unlock my account it says that the verification method is not available and gives no other options for verification. What can be done to unlock the account and cancel the lock??...
  6. How can I get a new authentication method to open a locked account?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I have this Caps Lock indicator on screen, and I do not know how to turn it off on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have this Caps Lock indicator on screen, and I do not know how to turn it off on Windows 10.: This always shows up every time I press the Caps Lock button, and I don't know how to turn it off. Can someone please help me with this? I don't want this to show up every time I have caps lock....
  8. I have this Caps Lock indicator on screen, and I do not know how to turn it off on Windows 10.

I have this Caps Lock indicator on screen, and I do not know how to turn it off on Windows 10.: This always shows up every time I press the Caps Lock button, and I don't know how to turn it off. Can someone please help me with this? I don't want this to show up every time I have caps lock....
  9. I have this Caps Lock indicator on screen, and I do not know how to turn it off on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. how do i turn off caps lock indicator on windows 11. ive already tried turning off toggle...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i turn off caps lock indicator on windows 11. ive already tried turning off toggle...: ive watched tons of videos but they all tell me to use control panel which i already tried. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-caps-lock-indicator-on-windows/b7534b06-ac33-4887-a4d1-4b50cb8db78d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. administrator has restricted sign in connect to internet