Windows 10: Win 10 logged in without me typing my password!

Discus and support Win 10 logged in without me typing my password! in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Greetings, I turned my computer on this morning before I exercised and when I came back instead of seeing the expected log-in screen, the computer was... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Shawn, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Shawn Win User

Win 10 logged in without me typing my password!

Greetings,

I turned my computer on this morning before I exercised and when I came back instead of seeing the expected log-in screen, the computer was *already* logged in.

What in the world happened? How can I stop windows from logging in automatically without me typing in my security code? Quite disturbing.

I scan with Malwarebytes a few times a month (9 days ago). I have not gone to strange websites. And nothing else odd has occurred.

Below is the event viewer. Nothing looks amiss from what little I know of reading the viewer. I turned it off Sat. night and turned it on Monday morning.

Win 10 logged in without me typing my password! [​IMG]

thank you,

win10 pro

:)

Shawn, Oct 29, 2018

2. Upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 and now my password doesn't work and I'm locked out

Hello,

Thank you for showing interest in Windows 10. We regret the inconvenience faced towards this.

I would like to ask you:

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Oct 29, 2018
  3. Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Win 10 logged in without me typing my password!

How to reset Win 10 login Password

Hello Michael,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to reset the Microsoft account password.

Refer:

When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-live/sign-in-cant

If the issue persist, follow the below step.

Step 2:

Let us try to enable the built in administrator account and try to create a new user account and transfer all the user profile data of the old account.

Follow the below steps:

• Press and hold on the Shift Key from the Windows sign in screen and click on Restart.

• Follow the path Troubleshoot> Advanced Options > Start Up settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Choose Enable Safe Mode with
      Command Prompt.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active:yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator <Password>, and then press Enter.
    Note: In this command,
    <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account.
    Note: type net user administrator /active:no, to disable the
    Built-in Administrator after adding the Microsoft account.

Step 3:

Refer to the below link to create a new Local user account.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 logged in without me typing my password!

1. Win 10 logged in without me typing my password! - Similar Threads - logged without typing

2. My laptop logs me in without the password even though the password requirement is turned on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop logs me in without the password even though the password requirement is turned on...: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad P16 Gen 2 with windows 11 installed on it. I got the system a few days back and it was working fine. But after the recent windows 11 update to 23H2 my laptop is logging me straight into the desktop. Even though I have set up my password, fingerprint...
  3. My laptop logs me in without the password even though the password requirement is turned on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop logs me in without the password even though the password requirement is turned on...: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad P16 Gen 2 with windows 11 installed on it. I got the system a few days back and it was working fine. But after the recent windows 11 update to 23H2 my laptop is logging me straight into the desktop. Even though I have set up my password, fingerprint...
  4. Win 10 logging password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win 10 logging password: Hi there, I got an issue and need to resolve as soon as possible. I used my personal Microsoft account on my company laptop, but I forgot to unlink my personal account when I resigned from my previous company, also I used my company phone number for 2 factors authenticator....
  5. Win 10 logging password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 logging password: Hi there, I got an issue and need to resolve as soon as possible. I used my personal Microsoft account on my company laptop, but I forgot to unlink my personal account when I resigned from my previous company, also I used my company phone number for 2 factors authenticator....
  6. Win 10 logging password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Log in Windows 10 without Password

Log in Windows 10 without Password: Hello, I want to connect to windows 10 with my microsoft account not local account but don't want windows to ask me to enter my password each time i wake up my laptop after boost or sleep. I tried unchecking the option in netplwiz but it didn't work. How can i do please?...
  8. My password is not logging me in...

My password is not logging me in...: After latest update I can't login to my computer. It says my password is incorrect... But it's not... I use my password often so I won't get it wrong. And when I say I forgot my password no prompts happen for me to reset it. Please help me as I can't login and it's a but of...
  9. Let me log in without a password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Let me log in without a password: I don't want to be have to enter a password every time I open my computer. It's a desktop, no one is going to steal it. A password is useless. Just let me remove it without using a local account/adding a new account. There was a automatic log in that I had set up, but it is...
  10. Log in without password

in Windows 10 Support
    Log in without password: Before the new build I could use the following to log in without using a password. "Type in netplwiz into the start menu search box, hit enter, on the next screen, un check the box that says "users must use a password …….. " .. another box will open and you must type...