Windows 10: win 10 login. Lost password

Discus and support win 10 login. Lost password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have an Interactive Flat Panel Display with a small win 10 computer docked into it. previous user put security login on and now I can't get the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tech Whiz, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Tech Whiz Win User

win 10 login. Lost password

I have an Interactive Flat Panel Display with a small win 10 computer docked into it.

previous user put security login on and now I can't get the password as they are not reachable.

there is no Microsoft account attached. I figure I have to use a USB and reconfigure somehow. I don't care about any of the data on there.

I guess my question becomes how exactly. please provide instructions or a link.

Thanks for responses in advance

:)

Tech Whiz, Jan 25, 2019

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Can't disable login password Win 10

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• How many user accounts have you set up on the computer?
    You might face this issue if you have entered a wrong password or selected a different user account while unchecking the option
    "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer". I would suggest you to follow these steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + R on the keyboard.
    • Type “control userpasswords2” without quotes and press
      Enter
    • Click on the User account to which you login.
    • Uncheck the option "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer". If it is already unchecked, then place a check mark and then uncheck it.
    • You will be requested to enter the Username and Password. Fill in the details correctly. Type in the
      Username, Password and Confirm Password manually.
    • Click on OK and then again OK.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Let us know the results and if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jan 25, 2019
  4. win 10 login. Lost password

Password login

Hi all, first post so please go easy on me*Redface

So I have Windows 10 and want to get rid of the password protected login feature. I found some steps on this site which are vaguely "On your windows 10 Start menu window, right click at the Win logo > select Run option > in the Run box type netplwiz > OK > follow the prompts.
    Restart Win 10."

Did that. On restart, I didn't need a password. Naturally, I thought the problem was solved. Nope. When the computer goes to sleep, I need to enter a password to re-open it; when it is turned off or restarted, I don't need a password.

Anyone know what I did wrong?

Thanks

jkmartinjk, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

win 10 login. Lost password

1. win 10 login. Lost password - Similar Threads - login Lost password

2. Lost Windows 10 Login Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost Windows 10 Login Password: A friend lost his Windows 10 login password after creating a sign-in PIN instead. He has a newly created Microsoft Account with working password. How can he reset or recover his lost Windows 10 login password? It is required to make changes in Settings>Your Info and...
  3. Lost Windows 10 Login Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Windows 10 Login Password: A friend lost his Windows 10 login password after creating a sign-in PIN instead. He has a newly created Microsoft Account with working password. How can he reset or recover his lost Windows 10 login password? It is required to make changes in Settings>Your Info and...
  4. Lost Windows 10 Login Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to windows 10 lost login password

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to windows 10 lost login password: I used to login in my windows 10 desktop computer using PIN. Recently, the computer reported unexpected error occurs the PIN is lost, and required to login using password which I do not remember. How can I recover it....
  6. lost login password

lost login password: I have lost my user password . I am using my pin to log in with but I can.t remembewr my login passwd and I need it for some games and software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-login-password/c7a0e194-39dd-419b-870c-be81ed184f9e
  7. login and password lost

login and password lost: Windows is registered in my name I got one of my laptops back from my grandson and found that now he changed the user name and password. and forgot the password he used How can I get into it...
  8. Lost my windows 10 login password

Lost my windows 10 login password: I can't remember my login password for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-windows-10-login-password/e4bc0f11-bf28-46c8-b1a8-daa935e2a581
  9. Lost login password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost login password: I have a fusion laptop that my grandson has forgotten password. I did a shift and reatart to get into reseting pc. I selct troubleshoot, then reset this pc, remove everyting, then just remove my files. I get a message additional space is needed on the drive where Windows is...
  10. Windows 10 - Lost Login Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 - Lost Login Password: Hi, and thanks for help. I have a computer here whose owner changed the password at login (it's of form L: myemail@att.net) and now has no idea what it is. Should be a simple fix, but he also has no idea what the login password to L: myemail@att.net is, and it doesn't...