Windows 10: Win 10 login takes 15 minutes

Discus and support Win 10 login takes 15 minutes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 system takes approx 15 min to boot 2 min and logon 13 min. The time has been gradually increasing for sever months. During this time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VoiceOfExperience, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Win 10 login takes 15 minutes

My Windows 10 system takes approx 15 min to boot 2 min and logon 13 min. The time has been gradually increasing for sever months. During this time there is continuous disk activity, as shown by the front panel LED.I want to determine the causes of this delay, and fix the system so it does not occur in future.I have run both disk and memory dx, and replaced the system disk which had occasional errors, and removed an 8GB memory module, which had multiple errors. There was no difference in the performance, except possibly an increase in startup time when I removed the memory.Disk analysi

:)

VoiceOfExperience, Jun 11, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Network drivers take a long time (15+ minutes) to install

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 20H1 and I have a problem.

Any network driver that is listed under Network adaptors in Device Manager takes a very long time to get installed. This includes the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility driver, TAP-Windows Adaptor V9, and ... most importantly ... various Hyper-V network drivers,
    i.e. Virtual Switch, Virtual Extension, Virtual Adaptor, etc.

Examples:

1. If I grab a copy of tap-windows-9.21.2.exe and run it, the installation takes 15+ minutes, and all this time is spent waiting for Windows to configure the driver class. During this time, tap-windows-9.21.2.exe appears stuck.
    2. If ask Device Manager's Add Hardware Wizard to install an arbitrary Network Adaptor, even Microsoft Loopback Adaptor, again, the installation takes 15+ minutes, during which the Add Hardware Wizard appears stuck.
    3. If Hyper-V Manager attempts to configure a virtual adaptor, switch, extension, etc., again, the installation of the virtual device's driver takes 15+ minutes.

During this 15+ minutes, the driver appears in Device Manager with a yellow icon. The Properties window reads:

Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56)

Perhaps the most obvious workaround is to suck it up and with the 15+ minutes. Sadly, no. While I might have had the patience to wait 15+ minutes, some apps, like Hyper-V Manager don't. They bail with an error message.

Steps that I have followed to troubleshoot this issue:

• Running various Windows and Microsoft Support troubleshooters
    • Resetting the network configuration, both via Setting and via netcfg -d
    • Uninstalling all apps that install a network adaptor and starting over from zero
    • Updating Windows

Fleet Command, Jun 11, 2021
  4. sthalcyon Win User

Win 10 login takes 15 minutes

N97 15 minute call limit?!?

The thing is that before I went to version 20, I have had conversations longer than 15 minutes without a problem. 20 is when this started happening. I just upgraded to 21, but not yet have the opportunity to have 15+ minute discussion. Maybe version
    21's listed enhancement of "Improved call reliability" addresses this bug? Grrrr!

sthalcyon, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Win 10 login takes 15 minutes

1. Win 10 login takes 15 minutes - Similar Threads - login takes minutes

2. Win 10 taking 10 minutes to restat, programs not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 taking 10 minutes to restat, programs not loading: My desktop performance is so bad the machine is unusable. Restarts take 10 minutes,and it looks like something is being fixed, but it never is. Someone gave me a cmd fix a few months ago which helped, but I can't find the post....
  3. Win 10 taking 10 minutes to restat, programs not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 taking 10 minutes to restat, programs not loading: My desktop performance is so bad the machine is unusable. Restarts take 10 minutes,and it looks like something is being fixed, but it never is. Someone gave me a cmd fix a few months ago which helped, but I can't find the post....
  4. Win 10 taking 10 minutes to restat, programs not loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Booting Windows on nvme takes 15 minutes, SOS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Booting Windows on nvme takes 15 minutes, SOS: Hello, I'm new here, so please let me know if I do something wrong! I desperately need help to fix this issue with my desktop, if anybody can help me I'll be forever grateful. My OS (Windows 10 pro 1803 on Samsung evo 970 M2) used to boot in a matter of seconds (with win fast...
  6. Booting Windows on nvme takes 15 minutes, SOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Booting Windows on nvme takes 15 minutes, SOS: Hello, I'm new here, so please let me know if I do something wrong! I desperately need help to fix this issue with my desktop, if anybody can help me I'll be forever grateful. My OS (Windows 10 pro 1803 on Samsung evo 970 M2) used to boot in a matter of seconds (with win fast...
  7. welcome screen taking 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    welcome screen taking 15 minutes: when i startup my pc it takes 15 minutes to get past the login/welcome screen beacause its stuck on the welcome load thing i dont know if this is normal altho i have used 1.3 tb of my 2 tb hhd...
  8. Windows 10 20H2 takes upwards of 1 minute to login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 20H2 takes upwards of 1 minute to login: First let me add some clarity and prevent confusion, I am not talking about my laptop's boot time, rather, I am talking about the time from me inputting my pin, to landing on the desktop. This can take anywhere between 50 seconds and 1 minute and 30 seconds, maybe even...
  9. Windows 10 takes 15 minutes to start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 takes 15 minutes to start: You will see this problem posted all over the web on various support forums MS or not. As with most windows problems, these are the solutions you will see run sfc/dism disable unnecessary background processes update drivers It is true that you do need to use sfc/dism...
  10. Win 10 login takes three minutes

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win 10 login takes three minutes: First logon in the morning takes three every morning. I found this message in the event viewer: The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> took 225 seconds to handle the notification event Logon. What do I do next?...