Windows 10: Win 10 LTSB upgrade 'path' question.

Discus and support Win 10 LTSB upgrade 'path' question. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Everyone , Like most businesses we are on Stable Win 7 pro. Question in regards to Win 10 Enterprise LTSB. If we install Windows 10 Enterprise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PRIVATE37527835278352, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Win 10 LTSB upgrade 'path' question.

Hello Everyone ,

Like most businesses we are on Stable Win 7 pro.

Question in regards to Win 10 Enterprise LTSB.

If we install Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB - What happens when LTSB 2019 comes out ?

There is NO upgrade path right ?.. LTSB is a world among itself ?.. ( ie Stable.. no flashy updates..etc )

If one wants to move from 2016 LTSB win 10 Enterprise to 2019 win 10 Enterprise you are forced to completely reinstall ?.. no upgrade 'path' so to speak ?

A complete whole new OS install per LTSB version - correct ?

Granted 'normal' CB / CBB Win 10 kind of do the same thing.. when MS releases a new Win 10 Build... yes ?

thank you ,

:)

PRIVATE37527835278352, Oct 17, 2018
  2. Steeboo Win User

Win 10 LTSB installation error

"This was corrected in the Windows 10 LTSB 2016 release, which will now only allow data-only and clean install options"

implies otherwise and only accepts a clean install - no upgrade available ?

nb) We are using LTSB 2016 !!

The problem is with a Hannspree Mini USB (stick) PC that, originally came with Win 8.1 - I have upgraded it to Win 10 home and am now trying to get Win 10 LTSB on to it - it does not accept PXE booting - so how do I get LTSB on to it ?

We have LTSB available on the network !!

Steeboo, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Steeboo Win User
    Win 10 LTSB installation error

I do have access to Win 10 educ and pro - but am trying to build this device using Win 10 LTSB - the reason being that we USE LTSB instead of Educ to save having to constantly update the OS !!

Also LTSB can easily be used without unwanted "freebies" like Cortana, Edge and also the App Store !!

We realise the importance of updating regularly - but when MS make mistakes, as happened with the recent DRIVER ISSUE and many others before (and future ?) - we, obviously can't lose ALL of our PC's because of a boo boo by MS - So prefer a little more control
    over our updates !!!

Hence we are using LTSB

So I am repeating my request - How do I update from Win 10 Home to Win 10 LTSB when the device is unable to PXE boot and a straight forward upgrade fails ?

Steeboo, Oct 17, 2018
  4. DanMcNair Win User

Win 10 LTSB upgrade 'path' question.

LTSB for Pro/Home

If anyone has seen Win 10 Enterprise LTSB, then you know how clean it is compared to Win 10 Home and Pro. Really Microsoft, all the social apps are not want everyone wants especially corporate and government users. LTSB should be a highlight of Win 10,
    not a deep dark secret. So the question...anyone know of a clean Win 10 (like LTSB)?

DanMcNair, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 LTSB upgrade 'path' question.

1. Win 10 LTSB upgrade 'path' question. - Similar Threads - LTSB upgrade 'path'

2. Win 10 LTSB 64 Bits?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 LTSB 64 Bits?: Is 1607 LTSB 64 bit? Thanks. submitted by /u/carp_boy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/175k90h/win_10_ltsb_64_bits/
  3. Win 7 Pro to Win 10 upgrade questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 Pro to Win 10 upgrade questions: I bought a laptop 5 years ago that came with a Win 10 Pro license which at that time I wasn't ready to upgrade to, so I had the manufacturer downgrade the OS install to Win 7 Pro. I now want to upgrade this older, but still capable laptop to have as a second computer - I...
  4. Upgrade Path Question

Upgrade Path Question: Trying to understand my upgrade path. I'm currently on 1909 . . . [img] In May of 2021 that version will be at end of life. At that point, will I need to first upgrade to 2004 and then again to 20H2, or if I decide to take the plunge, can I go directly from 1909 to 20H2?...
  5. Windows 10 LTSB Upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 LTSB Upgrade: Hey! I currently have LTSB installed on my SSD, and it's not working very nicely with my AMD Drivers - some features are gone, GPU util. not showing up and a bunch more problems. I want to install a fresh windows (LTSC? Pro? idk yet), but I don't want to format my separate...
  6. Windows 10 2016 LTSB upgrade

Windows 10 2016 LTSB upgrade: Hello all, Now I am using the evaluation version of the Windows 10 2016 LTSB if I have a product key of it can I upgrade the OS using it or should I do another install? Also, how will I know whether my iso file is genuine or tampered? thanks in advance Regards Amal...
  7. Win 7 upgraded to 10 questions

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 7 upgraded to 10 questions: I purchased a desktop that had Win 7 with the discs and COA on unit. Has former owners name come up with password to log in and was going to use the built-in Factory Image Restore partition to remove him and personalize the desktop for me. Would not work with directions...
  8. LTSB/LTSC licensing question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    LTSB/LTSC licensing question: Hi, I have a scenario where I believe that an error of judgment has been made around licensing and want to confirm that what I think is going on isn't right. We currently have a Microsoft licensing program (not sure of the current one as I no longer have access) but we were...
  9. Windows 10 LTSB - Patch path

Windows 10 LTSB - Patch path: Does anyone know the correct path to Patch Windows 10 2016 LTSB? I am building a Hyper-V Windows 10 2016 LTSB x64 Base image for our deployment system, which we'll later add our POS system software. However, I am having issues with patching it to the latest update. The...
  10. Question regarding upgrade path

Question regarding upgrade path: This question may be way early... but I'll ask anyway. *Smile Is it known whether the upgrade path from Windows 7 or 8 to 10 will include the option of a clean install? I have, in the past, always done clean installs rather than OS upgrades and much prefer it this way. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows ltsb upgrade path