Windows 10: WIN 10 Machine asking for Network Credentials.

Discus and support WIN 10 Machine asking for Network Credentials. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Newer PC that was working well and connected to my small network is now asking for Network Credentials. I have never had any in the first place. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Petrosinbendigo, Dec 20, 2018.

1. WIN 10 Machine asking for Network Credentials.

My Newer PC that was working well and connected to my small network is now asking for Network Credentials.

I have never had any in the first place. I have tried turning Passwords ON and OFF in the NETWORK Settings. (As suggested) still not able to open other PC'S File.

Both PC's are set to share. they both have the same Homegroup password set in them.

This issue has only started since the last WIN 10 Update. The PC using WIN 8.1 did an Update today as well.

Is the answer NOT to use Microsoft Products in the first place!

Signed, Frustrated and not very Happy. PW In Australia.

:)

Petrosinbendigo, Dec 20, 2018
  2. Arsenal Win User

Win 10 PC accessing a Win 10 Everyone share prompted for credentials

I have a new Windows 10 Home computer and I've selected a folder and shared it. I've added Everyone to the Share Permissions list with Full Control.

WIN 10 Machine asking for Network Credentials. [​IMG]

I've selected "Turn off password protected sharing" in the Advance Sharing Center.

WIN 10 Machine asking for Network Credentials. [​IMG]

When I try to access the share with a Windows 7 laptop in the home it connects right away without a prompt for credentials. When I try to access the share from another Windows 10 device (Surface) there is a prompt for credentials and I am unable to access the shared folder. There are no common account names between machines on my home network.

On the Windows 10 machine which is trying to connect I have run Net use * /DELETE and removed all Windows Credentials using the Credentials Manager then rebooted both machines a few times. Still though the Windows 7 machine can access the share with no credentials and the Windows 10 machine can't access it at all.

My goal is to get the share working for the Windows 10 machine as it works for the Windows 7. Full access, no prompt for credentials. I've workaround steps that will provide access so that type of information isn't needed.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and any help would be most appreciated.

Arsenal, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Ivan8ias Win User

WIN 10 Machine asking for Network Credentials.

Win 10 Suddenly asking for Network Credentials

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the group. I have an interesting network problem. I'll try to be brief. I have four computers running Windows 10, 7 and XP Pro networked that use a common workgroup. Everything was working fine for months until just recently the computer running Windows 10 all of a sudden asks me to enter a Network username and password. All computers see each other and are accessible except now all of a sudden the Windows 10 machine asks for network credentials. None of my machines have any passwords set anywhere. They are all in my home. No new hardware or software was added. Of course I went into the Windows 10 machine and double checked the permissions and everything looks OK. Can anyone help me with this problem?

I truly appreciate any help you can give me.

Thank you,
    Ivan

Ivan8ias, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

WIN 10 Machine asking for Network Credentials.

1. WIN 10 Machine asking for Network Credentials. - Similar Threads - Machine asking Network

2. File Share on networked PC asks for credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Share on networked PC asks for credentials: I can access shared folders from Windows 10, but it requires credentials. I have password protection turned off, so I don't know why it's asking for this. I entered credentials that I happen to remember, and I'm able to sign in. Where are these credentials, and why is it...
  3. Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...: I am running into an issue where Windows is asking me to input the network credentials to a network shared folder. I have ensured that "remember credentials" has been checked on when inputting these credentials, yet every day I try to access the network share, I get a prompt...
  4. Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...: I am running into an issue where Windows is asking me to input the network credentials to a network shared folder. I have ensured that "remember credentials" has been checked on when inputting these credentials, yet every day I try to access the network share, I get a prompt...
  5. backup to network drive asks for credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    backup to network drive asks for credentials: I'm getting ready to create a system image of my wife's computer. I wish to put it on a logical drive partition on an external drive that is connected to my computer and shared through our home lan. We are both hardwired to the LAN through ethernet. I can access it from her...
  6. windows 10 network issue asking for credentials

windows 10 network issue asking for credentials: I have just reinstalled windows 10 as I was having issues updating. I am now trying to setup a network. I have setup file sharing etc. my network is private. I have turned on network discovery and I have turned off the pin and the need to sign into windows.when I try to...
  7. Asking for Network Credentials

Asking for Network Credentials: I have two machines, A and B. Both run W10 1909 as local accounts. Each have the same user name and are connected to the same private network. Both appear in the other's File Explorer. A can access B but when tries to access A it gets an "Enter Network Credentials" message....
  8. Network sharing asking for network credentials

Network sharing asking for network credentials: I am trying to connect to other pc's on my home network and have turned off password protected sharing. I can see the other computer in file explorer, but when I click on it I am asked for "Network Credentials". I have entered the Microsoft username and password and the...
  9. Windows 10 asks for network credentials to access other computers on network

Windows 10 asks for network credentials to access other computers on network: Why does MS make it a constant struggle to access other computers on a homegroup. Every time there is an update for windows 10 I have to reestablish my homegroup on all of my home network computers to share or copy files. Frankly it is a royal pain. Thanks Joe...
  10. Win 10 Suddenly asking for Network Credentials

Win 10 Suddenly asking for Network Credentials: Hello everyone, I'm new to the group. I have an interesting network problem. I'll try to be brief. I have four computers running Windows 10, 7 and XP Pro networked that use a common workgroup. Everything was working fine for months until just recently the computer running...