Windows 10: win 10 machine can't access network shares on pdc, intermittent

Discus and support win 10 machine can't access network shares on pdc, intermittent in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I manage a small windows domain for my home/home office. It consists of a PDC running Windows Server 2003 SP1 I know! it's old! etc. and a hand full of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mark Blaise, Jun 11, 2021.

1. win 10 machine can't access network shares on pdc, intermittent

I manage a small windows domain for my home/home office. It consists of a PDC running Windows Server 2003 SP1 I know! it's old! etc. and a hand full of computers with fixed private IP addresses 10.x.x.x: 3 Win 10 1 Win 8.1 2 Win 7 1 Win XP My intermittent problem for the past year or so is that one of the Win 10 machines occasionally maybe 3 times/month suddenly cannot access network shares on the PDC. This causes a number of automated backup processes to fail. When this happens: machine names and IP addresses changed to protect the guilty! :- - it can ping the PDC by name, so D

:)

Mark Blaise, Jun 11, 2021
  2. lucasbuck Win User

Sharing between Win 10 and Win 7

I have Windows Media Center set up on Win 7 on one machine. When I got to Network on the 10 machine, the 7 machine is listed, as well as all the drives on it. When I try to open any folder is says I don't have permission to access it. Everything I can find is set to share with everyone, all permissions. I don;t know which machine is having the problem. Any suggestions?

lucasbuck, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Win 10 not accessing shares on the network

I have a problem that Win 10 Is not accessing any share on the network. Shared folders, File server drives are also not accessible. just error 0x80070035. I have tried almost every thing on the internet but unable to solve the problem.....please any suggestions
    are highly appreciated.

I have win 7 system and I can access all the shares from win 7 even I can access win 10 share on win 7. But win 7 share is not accessible on win 10, actually no share is accessible on win 10. I have started the services DHCP client, FDPHost, FDResPub, SSDP
    Discovery,UpNp host, TCP/IP NetBIOS, computer browser etc and many more.

AdnanJahangir1, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Arsenal Win User

win 10 machine can't access network shares on pdc, intermittent

Win 10 PC accessing a Win 10 Everyone share prompted for credentials

I have a new Windows 10 Home computer and I've selected a folder and shared it. I've added Everyone to the Share Permissions list with Full Control.

win 10 machine can't access network shares on pdc, intermittent [​IMG]

I've selected "Turn off password protected sharing" in the Advance Sharing Center.

win 10 machine can't access network shares on pdc, intermittent [​IMG]

When I try to access the share with a Windows 7 laptop in the home it connects right away without a prompt for credentials. When I try to access the share from another Windows 10 device (Surface) there is a prompt for credentials and I am unable to access the shared folder. There are no common account names between machines on my home network.

On the Windows 10 machine which is trying to connect I have run Net use * /DELETE and removed all Windows Credentials using the Credentials Manager then rebooted both machines a few times. Still though the Windows 7 machine can access the share with no credentials and the Windows 10 machine can't access it at all.

My goal is to get the share working for the Windows 10 machine as it works for the Windows 7. Full access, no prompt for credentials. I've workaround steps that will provide access so that type of information isn't needed.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and any help would be most appreciated.

Arsenal, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

win 10 machine can't access network shares on pdc, intermittent

1. win 10 machine can't access network shares on pdc, intermittent - Similar Threads - machine can't access

2. Can't access shared folder on the network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access shared folder on the network: Hello,I'm trying to share a folder in my computer with another computer on my network my computer is Win11, the other Win10. The other computer sees the folder and my computer, but when they try to access it, the following error message is shown: 'You don't have permission to...
  3. Can't access shared folder on the network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access shared folder on the network: Hello,I'm trying to share a folder in my computer with another computer on my network my computer is Win11, the other Win10. The other computer sees the folder and my computer, but when they try to access it, the following error message is shown: 'You don't have permission to...
  4. Can't Access File Sharing or Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Access File Sharing or Network: Hello,I'm having a difficult time right now getting my file sharing and Network to run.Im trying to use Roon Audio via a ROCK NUC10i3. I'm at this stephttps://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/roon-os-missing-codecsBut I have nothing showing up in my network drive.I've...
  5. Can't access a shared network drive

Can't access a shared network drive: I have a Windows desktop system here to which I need to connect my two Windows laptops. Laptop1 connects fine but laptop2 returns an error to the effect that I need permission to access that system. But obviously I've done everything on the desktop system that needs to be...
  6. Windows 10 machine can't access shared folder

Windows 10 machine can't access shared folder: When I try to map a drive with Windows 10, Windows Explorer doesn't see any of the exported network folders. There is nothing under "Network". Another Windows 10 laptop I have can map these drives so I know the partitions are shared out properly shared and there are no...
  7. windows 10 intermittent network file sharing

windows 10 intermittent network file sharing: windows 10 intermittent network file sharing , it used to work , and since the latest update to windows 10 , now is very intermittent , have multiple PCs , they all appear in network view , but intermittently can access files , other times just is not accessible , when is a...
  8. Win 10 not accessing shares on the network

Win 10 not accessing shares on the network: I have a problem that Win 10 Is not accessing any share on the network. Shared folders, File server drives are also not accessible. just error 0x80070035. I have tried almost every thing on the internet but unable to solve the problem.....please any suggestions are highly...
  9. Can't share files on Win 10 Pro 64 machine

Can't share files on Win 10 Pro 64 machine: I have a home network that used to work fine. Recently I had to replace my main desktop (win10 pro 64) and now I can't seem to set the new machine up to play nice with the others. Here's the main components in the network: Desktop Win 10 Pro 64 bit Wired to LAN Notebook Win...
  10. Can't access network shares

Can't access network shares: Before the upgrade to 10 I was on 7 and logged in with a local account with all computers having the same usernames and passwords and sharing worked flawlessly. After the upgrade I am now logging in with a Microsoft account and sharing does not work. Windows 7 Pro -->...