Windows 10: Win 10 machine hangs for 4-5 minutes after reboot (After login)

Discus and support Win 10 machine hangs for 4-5 minutes after reboot (After login) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Team, I have installed a 3rd party backup tool (Licensed) in my machine and after reboot it is taking 4-5 minutes to show the desktop icons in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SudheerKumar2, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Win 10 machine hangs for 4-5 minutes after reboot (After login)

Hi Team,

I have installed a 3rd party backup tool (Licensed) in my machine and after reboot it is taking 4-5 minutes to show the desktop icons in normal. During this 4-5 minutes system is not responding. I have this software installed on couple of machine s but only few users are effected.

I tried SFC scan and increasing virtual memory but no luck. Please advice anything else can be tried...

Thanks,

Sudheer Kumar.

:)

SudheerKumar2, Sep 10, 2019

2. Login hangs

Hello everyone.

It is my first time here though I have searched high and low within the forum to find what's going on with my machine. It is running Windows 10 Home edition and ever since I added a user account on there for my wife it has been hanging at the login screen.

After waking from sleep or booting it gets to the lock screen with pretty wallpaper and time/date. I click the screen to pull up the login screen and it just hangs, eventually returning to the lock screen. Eventually after quite some time(often in the 5-7 minute range) a click will actually pull up the login screen.

I have tried turning on airplane mode on the lock screen so that it's not trying to connect or anything but that doesn't solve the issue. I am pulling hair out on this and tired of getting yelled at by the Mrs. Any advice?

briandresscc, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Seafrog Win User
    Workgroup Windows 10 and XP machines no longer see each other

My 4 machine workgroup network, 2 XP and 2 Win 10 machines, was functioning fairly well until the recent "Creator" upgrade. Now the XP machines can no longer see the 10 machines and the 10 machines can't see the XP machines. The machines of the other OS are not listed. Would like to get the workgroup functional again. Have done multiple reboots and have run the suggested troubleshooters with no results. Have any ideas?

Seafrog, Sep 10, 2019
  4. zinou Win User

Win 10 machine hangs for 4-5 minutes after reboot (After login)

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

Win 10 machine hangs for 4-5 minutes after reboot (After login) [​IMG]

Win 10 machine hangs for 4-5 minutes after reboot (After login) [​IMG]

zinou, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 machine hangs for 4-5 minutes after reboot (After login)

1. Win 10 machine hangs for 4-5 minutes after reboot (After login) - Similar Threads - machine hangs minutes

2. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes: Hi,A week ago I was using my computer normally and then I made it in sleep mode. After 2 days I opened it to complete my project btw I was using Visual Studio, Spotify, Chrome, and Node cmd after about 10 minutes it froze while reloading a web page I waited for a long time...
  3. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes: Hi,A week ago I was using my computer normally and then I made it in sleep mode. After 2 days I opened it to complete my project btw I was using Visual Studio, Spotify, Chrome, and Node cmd after about 10 minutes it froze while reloading a web page I waited for a long time...
  4. Laptop hangs after 10-15 minutes after update

Laptop hangs after 10-15 minutes after update: Idk which update it was but after a recent update my laptop has become unusable. It used to run completely fine before the update. After this update, my laptop opens completely silently up until the desktop shows up. After a few minutes in desktop, it makes fan noise delated...
  5. Windows 10 hangs after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 hangs after login: On firend's 3-y old laptop happened today something I saw for the first time: There is set autologin and after boot and this autologin desktop shows as usual and I have only few seconds to do something - open menu or settings, get titles of icons in tray but then it stops...
  6. windows 10 screen freeze after 5 to 10 minutes of login

windows 10 screen freeze after 5 to 10 minutes of login: How to fix it...? My pc have xeon precessor with nvidia quadro 4000 graphics card. when i login to anu user account after 5 to 10 min my screen stops and freezes. then i have to turn it off by pressing power button or by turning the power supply off. Please help what to...
  7. Win 10 Laptop goes to lock screen after 5 minutes

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win 10 Laptop goes to lock screen after 5 minutes: Our Laptop keeps going to the lock screen even though we have changed all power settings even advance settings to 'NEVER'. I've even found a previous article with a hidden 'System unattended sleep timeout' which i changed but even that didn't work! We are using Windows...
  8. System reboots after 5 minutes, every session.

System reboots after 5 minutes, every session.: New Win10Pro PC build, Intel i9-990K, MSI MEG 2390 Ace MB, reboots once each session after 5 minute run. Stays on all day after this reboot. How do I determine cause and/or fix?...
  9. Windows 10 hangs after 10ish minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 hangs after 10ish minutes: I upgraded from windows 7 pro x64 to Windows 10 pro x64. Since the first time I upgraded, it's all good the first 10ish minutes, and then nothing works. If I open a new tab in Edge, that one doesn't load. If I click a link on an existing page, it doesn't load. The windows...
  10. Windows 10 Pro freeze after 5-10 minutes after rebooting

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro freeze after 5-10 minutes after rebooting: Hi everybody. I've installed clean Windows 10 Pro (eMachines e732). After 5-10 minutes of work it starts to be irresponsible: browser doesn't load pages (infinite loading) but still can create new tabs. start menu doesn't open. windows explorer does not open on 'win+e'...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. machine hangs in reboot