Windows 10: Win 10 "Mail App" AOL SYNC. issue/ Wrong Password ***SOLVED*** 2021

Discus and support Win 10 "Mail App" AOL SYNC. issue/ Wrong Password ***SOLVED*** 2021 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; -OPEN MAIL Microsoft mail App-ACCOUNTS-ADD ACCOUNT-SELLECT "OTHER ACCT" POP/ IMAP-***Go to WEB and log into AOL.com ..and enter into your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rigby1, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Rigby1 Win User

Win 10 "Mail App" AOL SYNC. issue/ Wrong Password ***SOLVED*** 2021

-OPEN MAIL Microsoft mail App-ACCOUNTS-ADD ACCOUNT-SELLECT "OTHER ACCT" POP/ IMAP-***Go to WEB and log into AOL.com ..and enter into your mailbox.-***NOW : OPEN BROWSER, goto AOL MAIL LOG IN- Click on "mail"- upper right corner "options" drop down- select account info- left side Account Security -bottom of page SELECT MANAGE APP PASSWORDS -select your app Other App -enter cus

:)

Rigby1, Apr 22, 2021

2. Getting AOL Mail to work with Win 10 mail App

If AOL Mail is not working in win 10 Mail, try this:

Remove AOL account from Win 10 Mail

Login to AOL Online . Under your name select "Account Info"

On the left select "account security"

at the bottom hover curser over "manage App and Passwords

Click "Generate Password" A Window opens with "Select App"

"Choose Outlook Desktop" Then click Generate. You will get a code.
    Highlight and COPY You will need to paste it later.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Now open Win 10 Mail. Create account using "Other account POP/ IMAP"

No need to select Advanced. Win 10 enters correct Port #s etc.

Enter your Info using your AOL Address and Password. Let Win 10 create account.

After a few seconds you will get a warning Symbol for the Account. Right Click and select "Fix Account"

HERE IS WHERE YOU ENTER THE CODE YOU COPIED FROM THE STEPS ABOVE IN THE PASSWORD BOX.

Mail should now start working. Tried this on 3 Win 10 OCs and all worked.

OwnerGforce, Apr 22, 2021
  3. RonGawel Win User
    Sync problems with AOL account on Windows 10 Mail app

this only happens with aol... gmail is ok..

i have all current windows updates...

no error message..

the problem is when i try to use wind 10 mail app, it will not synch with aol acct.. it syncs with gmail.

i tried deleting aol acct using the wind 10 mail app and it deletes.. then when i add it back, the sign in dropdown has a password that is wrong.. ( too many characters). i delete that pw and put in correct one but it defers to incorrect stored pw. it
    wont accept another pw...

i tried reinstalling wind 10, deleting aol acct, to no avail

RonGawel, Apr 22, 2021
  4. Win 10 "Mail App" AOL SYNC. issue/ Wrong Password ***SOLVED*** 2021

Sync problems with AOL account on Windows 10 Mail app

the problem is with aol, not windows mail. it took a while to figure out but ill walk you through it

1. go to aol mail on your browser and log in

2. click "options" next to your username

3. scroll down to "app security" and "app passwords" then click "add" (or manage if you have some passwords set up)

4. select "windows mail" in the "select app" dropdown menu

5. select "PC" in the "select device" dropdown menu

6. copy password

7. paste the password under password to aol in you windows mail ( don't use your aol password use the password aol provided you)

8. everything should sync fine now

MarcoTropoja, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

Win 10 "Mail App" AOL SYNC. issue/ Wrong Password ***SOLVED*** 2021

1. Win 10 "Mail App" AOL SYNC. issue/ Wrong Password ***SOLVED*** 2021 - Similar Threads - Mail App AOL

2. aol will not sync in windows mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    aol will not sync in windows mail?: windows mail will not sync with my aolplease help or tell me it will no longer work with aol https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-will-not-sync-in-windows-mail/2a8c570a-e708-410d-bfce-c5b98bfc22de
  3. aol will not sync in windows mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    aol will not sync in windows mail?: windows mail will not sync with my aolplease help or tell me it will no longer work with aol https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-will-not-sync-in-windows-mail/2a8c570a-e708-410d-bfce-c5b98bfc22de
  4. sync email aol to windows mail

sync email aol to windows mail: when opening inbox with windows it says I need to sync my accounts, how-where-why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-email-aol-to-windows-mail/3ee44afb-7c84-46ba-bfb9-4ed8e7c06d9a
  5. Mail App and AOL Issues

Mail App and AOL Issues: Good Morning. I have just purchased a new laptop and starting to go through and set it all up. I have gone into the Mail App to add my e-mail accounts, all of which are AOL. I have managed to upload one of them, sort off, its still not showing all of my e-mails but some are...
  6. I can no longer sync AOL mail in Win 10

I can no longer sync AOL mail in Win 10: I have tried every fix on the internet. All of a sudden I cannot add AOL mail in Win 10. It keeps saying settings are out of date, but I can't see how I have changed all IMAP setting, I have changed the PW many times, nothing works...
  7. Getting AOL Mail to work with Win 10 mail App

Getting AOL Mail to work with Win 10 mail App: If AOL Mail is not working in win 10 Mail, try this: Remove AOL account from Win 10 Mail Login to AOL Online . Under your name select "Account Info" On the left select "account security" at the bottom hover curser over "manage App and Passwords Click "Generate Password"...
  8. Mail App. Aol stopped syncing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail App. Aol stopped syncing.: I use the mail app on windows so I can check all my email accounts in one spot. Today it keeps telling me that there is a problem with my AOL account. It says my AOL settings are out of date. I go to my account through the app and it asks me to type in my password and I do....
  9. AOL mail issues

AOL mail issues: Hi, I use the AOL mail program, and I am having a couple off issues. The first being when I open a e mail, and there is a link, as soon as I move my cursor over the link to click on it, the cursor disappears. The second issue, is that sometimes when I receive an E mail from...
  10. AOL Mail not syncing on Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    AOL Mail not syncing on Outlook: I've been running AOL Mail on Outlook for years. In the several weeks it has stopped automatically syncing received and sent emails. When I try to force a sync using "update folders" I get this error message: Task "synchronising subscribed folders …..; reported error...