Windows 10: Win 10 Mail app (on PC) saves documents with extra numbers in the document title - why?!

Discus and support Win 10 Mail app (on PC) saves documents with extra numbers in the document title - why?! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Win 10 mail app adds [lots of numbers] to the names of file attachments downloaded from emails on the app.....help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by [KF], Oct 28, 2018.

1. [KF] Win User

Win 10 Mail app (on PC) saves documents with extra numbers in the document title - why?!

The Win 10 mail app adds [lots of numbers] to the names of file attachments downloaded from emails on the app.....help?

:)

2. Win 10 Mail app (on PC) saves documents with extra numbers in the document title - why?!

Recently started to use the Windows 10 mail app on my PC.

When I save an attachment, such as a word document, the system seems to add some random numbers in square brackets to the end of the title of the document, for example:

The save-as box contains 'test_document[2116]'

It is a right pain having to go edit the title and remove the [2116] every time that I want to save a document.

1) why is it doing this

2) how do I stop it!

Thanks for any collective wisdom.

DarrellFrost, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Win 10 Mail app (on PC) saves documents with extra numbers in the document title - why?!

Hi Jennifer - I deleted and reattached yahoo mail, but the word.doc downloads still have numbers after the genuine document title. The latest one has added an erroneous [2185]....Summary of Findings DF[2185]

Bizarre.

It has just recently begun to do this.

Also - the People app nolonger shows any contacts. It was paired with my Gmail. I disconnected Gmail (which I only use for contacts and calendar) so that my Yahoo email would show up first in the list. I reconnected Gmail. Calendar and Email work fine but
    No contacts have come across. I have tried reinstalling both apps from the Store but no change.

So - now I have two issues:

- random numbers added to downloaded document titles

- people app not showing ANY contacts from Gmail

Any suggestions?

4. Win 10 Mail app (on PC) saves documents with extra numbers in the document title - why?!

Win 10 Mail app (on PC) saves documents with extra numbers in the document title - why?!

Hi Jennifer

I ran the troubleshooter.

It did not fix either of my two issues.

It also stated that windows store cache may be damaged, even after running WSreset.exe

So - my documents download from Win10 mail with extra numbers after them and the People app does not display any gmail contacts. It takes ages to 'synchronise' and does not synchronise.

More wisdom please!

Thanks

Darrell

Thema:

1. Win 10 Mail app (on PC) saves documents with extra numbers in the document title - why?! - Similar Threads - Mail app saves

2. document file not saving in documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    document file not saving in documents: since i got a new boot m.2 i had to move my files from the profile to a hard drive so when i download stuff it does not take up space ware my boot is and now when ever an app on my pc saves a file it does not save it in documents it saves the file on my desktop and i cant...
  3. document file not saving in documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    document file not saving in documents: since i got a new boot m.2 i had to move my files from the profile to a hard drive so when i download stuff it does not take up space ware my boot is and now when ever an app on my pc saves a file it does not save it in documents it saves the file on my desktop and i cant...
  4. document file not saving in documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Saving a document.

Saving a document.: When I save a word or any file it automatically saves in 4 locations. Even though I want it save in This PC. When I delete the file in one it deletes in all. I do I get this to stop?...
  6. document auto fill document in windows 10 mail app

document auto fill document in windows 10 mail app: Is there a way to set up auto fill documents on the windows 10 mail app, just like in outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/document-auto-fill-document-in-windows-10-mail-app/efc32c94-36e1-43bd-bdea-c1899abec6d3
  7. saving documents

saving documents: Hello I am having issues saving docs when one drive is syncing. I have to pause it to be able to save any documents I am working on. Is there a fix for this? Thank you...
  8. When saving documents to PC, extra numbers added to the file name eg [3202]

When saving documents to PC, extra numbers added to the file name eg [3202]: I've been using Win10 email client for years. Since the beginning, when saving a document to any drive, extra numbers in square brackets are automatically added to the file and appear in the 'save as' box. Here is an example [ATTACH] The numbers [5851] are system added...
  9. saving documents

saving documents: when I save my documents files they also save in my pictures folder, which I don't want how can I stop them doing that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-documents/1c857732-3530-416a-8c69-8bb415943a59"
  10. saving a document

saving a document: I saved a document in notepad, which was the only option it gave me, but when I try to view it , it looks like gibberish. What can I do>?...