Windows 10: Win 10 Mail Issues

Discus and support Win 10 Mail Issues in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Tried to do this once before but had a similar time during the process. New install of Win 10 on a New SSD drive (good time for a complete refresh.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by needlenoses, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Win 10 Mail Issues

Tried to do this once before but had a similar time during the process. New install of Win 10 on a New SSD drive (good time for a complete refresh. Also added more memory to this aging laptop.
    Win 10 is up to date and I have a fully operational Win 10 Desktop to refer to.
    Issue 1: Setup for MAIL ran fine to a point; setup my gmail account including contacts and folders. Trouble with folders is that they only open up for viewing using the "more" button. I want all these folders to show up on the left panel an opening the program. Have to add another account but will wait until I figure this out. With help.

Issue 2; I have incoming mail showing up in my Outlook 2019 inbox on Desktop PC but not in Mail on laptop; nothing coming in. All the settings are still set to original install; I have not been messing with what I don't know about.

Originally was happily motoring along with Windows Live Mail ( did it all for me ); tried others like Mozilla and Mailbird but wasn't happy.

Help please!!

:)

needlenoses, Jan 9, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Win 10 Mail Issues :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 9, 2021
  3. endeavor Win User
    Replacing Windows Mail in Win-10 with one from Win-Vista.

Clayton, yes you can use your own files, as well realize the files from the tutorial attachments are the exact same thing already coming from Windows Vista - it's all the same.

The tutorial instructions how to do it in every detail are posted Here

Please for your own sake, just be sure you understand the limitations of using the old Vista WinMail client out of it's native environment inside of Windows7/8/10 by reading through the disclaimer, and the Bug List that's linked on the page there, and then decide if you want to do it and if it's right for you.
    Feel free to post your questions over there too.

endeavor, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Win 10 Mail Issues

win 10 mail crashes

These procedures can be used to fix issues with These win 10 apps. Mail, Calendar, Cortana, Start menu, and Settings. It probably will work for others but I have only tested it with these.

Solution 1: Re-register this App:
    • Run Windows PowerShell as Administrator.
    • Type Get-AppxPackage, press Enter.
    • From the output list, find the Mail App and remember the InstallLocation.
    • Type this command: Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6120.42011.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml"}
    • It would run as below:

Solution 2: If re-registering the App does not resolve your issue, Try reinstalling the App.

Step 1: Uninstall it completely
    • Run Windows PowerShell as Administrator.
    • Type Get-AppxPackage, press Enter.
    • From the output list, find Mail App package and remember its PackageFullName as below:
    • And then type the following command: Remove-Appxpackage –Package microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6120.42011.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Note: After running this command in Windows 10, the Mail icon still appear in the App list and Start menu. However, you cannot click to launch it. Just ignore and continue next step.

Step 2: Reinstall the App from Windows Store

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Win 10 Mail Issues

1. Win 10 Mail Issues - Similar Threads - Mail Issues

2. Windows 11 - Mail and Calendar App Issues - Need an actual MVP who will not reply once then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Mail and Calendar App Issues - Need an actual MVP who will not reply once then...: Good day folks,Having the following issue and it would be helpful to have an actual MVP/moderator who will not reply once then leave.. Have had that happen on multiple other posts where an "MVP" would post a couple of steps then disappear never to be heard from again when the...
  3. Windows 11 - Mail and Calendar App Issues - Need an actual MVP who will not reply once then...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Mail and Calendar App Issues - Need an actual MVP who will not reply once then...: Good day folks,Having the following issue and it would be helpful to have an actual MVP/moderator who will not reply once then leave.. Have had that happen on multiple other posts where an "MVP" would post a couple of steps then disappear never to be heard from again when the...
  4. I'm having sign in issues with my hotmail.co.uk e-mail account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having sign in issues with my hotmail.co.uk e-mail account: Yes, I know hotmail is technically obsolete now, but its what I am still using as it is attached to numerous other accounts that I have been using for years now.Anyway, hello! :-I had some problems in May relating to my account not synchronising. I think this was due to my...
  5. I'm having sign in issues with my hotmail.co.uk e-mail account

I'm having sign in issues with my hotmail.co.uk e-mail account: Yes, I know hotmail is technically obsolete now, but its what I am still using as it is attached to numerous other accounts that I have been using for years now.Anyway, hello! :-I had some problems in May relating to my account not synchronising. I think this was due to my...
  6. I'm having sign in issues with my hotmail.co.uk e-mail account

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. [Potential Security Issue] How to prevent the Default mail app from auto/Pre Downloading?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Potential Security Issue] How to prevent the Default mail app from auto/Pre Downloading?...: Hello, Today I experienced a potential threat to my Security. The default mail app not outlook appears to be always active in the background. And for security reasons I would like it to not be so. Because I received an E-mail today saying my amazon Prime account was expired...
  8. [Potential Security Issue] How to prevent the Default mail app from auto/Pre Downloading?...

[Potential Security Issue] How to prevent the Default mail app from auto/Pre Downloading?...: Hello, Today I experienced a potential threat to my Security. The default mail app not outlook appears to be always active in the background. And for security reasons I would like it to not be so. Because I received an E-mail today saying my amazon Prime account was expired...
  9. Microsoft Mail send/receive issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Mail send/receive issue: Can't send/receive emails in Microsoft Outlook, error message is Ox8004010F, running Windows 10. I think the issue started when I did a One drive backup? the file path for the Outlook Data file has changed to One Drive although the file still appears to be in my C drive, I've...
  10. Microsoft Mail send/receive issue

Microsoft Mail send/receive issue: Can't send/receive emails in Microsoft Outlook, error message is Ox8004010F, running Windows 10. I think the issue started when I did a One drive backup? the file path for the Outlook Data file has changed to One Drive although the file still appears to be in my C drive, I've...