Windows 10: Win 10 mail on taskbar shows mail that doesn't exist! How to reset?

Discus and support Win 10 mail on taskbar shows mail that doesn't exist! How to reset? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; New problem just popped up Icon for mail on taskbar shows 5 messages. Cleared deleted earlier...still shows 5 messages that aren't there? Really hate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnGallagher, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Win 10 mail on taskbar shows mail that doesn't exist! How to reset?

New problem just popped up Icon for mail on taskbar shows 5 messages. Cleared deleted earlier...still shows 5 messages that aren't there?

Really hate windows...

:)

JohnGallagher, Mar 23, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Win 10 Mail Executable?

Hi, have you visited Firetrust (Mailwasher's site) or tried a general search?

I found:
    Using mailwasher pro with Win 10 email client - Firetrust Support Forums

I'm guessing the problem is you don't have Mail listed in the drop-down mail programs to select it as the client to be launched after 'washing' your mail.

Note the suggestions in that forum to use e.g. Thunderbird.

(I use Spamihilator- similar features, but is linked by means of the account, not the name of the program, acting purely as a mail filter. I use Pop peeper linked to Spamihilator first, which preprocesses my mail and allows me to read and reply to it, and scan multiple accounts, so in a way that combination acts rather like Mailwasher.

Then I use Thunderbird to receive, sort and store emails, also linked via its account settings to Spamihilator).

dalchina, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail List Hidden

Win 10 mail on taskbar shows mail that doesn't exist! How to reset? [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Win 10 mail on taskbar shows mail that doesn't exist! How to reset?

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Win 10 mail on taskbar shows mail that doesn't exist! How to reset? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 mail on taskbar shows mail that doesn't exist! How to reset?

1. Win 10 mail on taskbar shows mail that doesn't exist! How to reset? - Similar Threads - mail taskbar shows

2. Shows microsoft account doesn't exist when login via mail windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shows microsoft account doesn't exist when login via mail windows 10: My email suddenly did not sync in the mail windows 10 today then I decide to sign out the account.When I want to log in again, it states as in the picture. But I can log in to my outlook account on the web instead.What should I do actually? I have uninstalled and installed it...
  3. Shows microsoft account doesn't exist when login via mail windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shows microsoft account doesn't exist when login via mail windows 10: My email suddenly did not sync in the mail windows 10 today then I decide to sign out the account.When I want to log in again, it states as in the picture. But I can log in to my outlook account on the web instead.What should I do actually? I have uninstalled and installed it...
  4. Is there a FIX for Win 10 Mail App not showing New Mail Notifications ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a FIX for Win 10 Mail App not showing New Mail Notifications ?: I have been searching the forums here and Google looking at every article I could find on this subject , and everything I find is a couple years old , what I am looking for is a FIX , for the Win 10 Mail App on my new to me PC , it has a fresh install/reset of Win 10 Home...
  5. Win 10 mail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 mail: Hi I've problem with downloading new email, idk why in every tutorial they have there "as item arrive", and I don't have it there. If i select "based on my usage" it took like 5 min to arrive. And I dont wanna wait 15mints until email come. Can somebody help me pls?...
  6. Windows 10 Mail Doesn't show accounts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail Doesn't show accounts.: Hi I have several accounts which I would like to use with the Win 10 Mail app. I have set up the accounts correctly and in the same way on three different PC's Two of the PC's are desktop PC's and the other is a laptop. The Laptop is the problem. The accounts are...
  7. Win 10 + mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 + mail: e-mail doesn't work in 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-mail/9079e721-a9c2-4374-923d-c0acfa8d39fc
  8. Win 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 Mail: I am not 100% sure, but It seems like after the new win 10 release on 8/2 my win 10 mail totally quit working, and now I have it up and running sort of. I can send and receive mail and my Calendar works. but My folders and contacts do not sync. I am sure this topic has been...
  9. Windows mail doesn't show mail in inboxes

in Browsers and Email
    Windows mail doesn't show mail in inboxes: So, instead of using my browser for my emails I set them up in Windows Mail, but although it will show all the folders it won't show anything in my inboxes. I've tried syncing but to no avail. 22244
  10. Win 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 Mail: My win 10 mail had been working fine with an outlook.com email address setup as pop till a couple of days ago when I started getting a sync error. I did a system state backup and deleted win 10 mail to install - however this all went horribly wrong and I couldnt get my...