Windows 10: WIN 10 MAIL PHOTO ATTACHMENTS have T-attribute set

Discus and support WIN 10 MAIL PHOTO ATTACHMENTS have T-attribute set in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; T-ATTRIBUTE PROBLEM with WIN10 MAIL and PHOTO attachments: 1) The received photo does not have a “next photo” chevron, and 2) one cannot find the photo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by George Elvidge, Nov 19, 2018.

1. WIN 10 MAIL PHOTO ATTACHMENTS have T-attribute set

T-ATTRIBUTE PROBLEM with WIN10 MAIL and PHOTO attachments: 1) The received photo does not have a “next photo” chevron, and 2) one cannot find the photo in a file explorer search.

The problem occurs because the T-attribute is set.

This occurs if one right-clicks on the photo attachment in the MAIL email and chooses SAVE.

The workaround: Left-click the photo attachment to open it in PHOTOS, then click the 3 “more” dots and choose SAVE AS. The newly saved photo will not have the T-attribute set.

• The T-attribute anomaly seems to occur only when receiving a photo attachment from another person, and not from one of my own email accounts. These T-attribute annoyances have been around for a long time. See my comments on a similar article in 2010.

GE2018NOV19

:)

George Elvidge, Nov 19, 2018

2. Win 10 Mail attachments

The problem with attachments is only in the Win 10 Mail app on my laptop.

I just received a message sent to my MSN.com address with two small JPG attachments (<100 kb). When I view the message on the web using Outlook.com, the pictures are visible directly in the email and it is noted there are two attachments. I checked the
    same message on the same machine using MSN Explorer with the embedded mail program, and it shows there are attachments, which I had no trouble opening.

Viewing the same message on a different laptop running Win 8.1 Mail app, it says there are two attachments which I can open and save. BUT when I look at the message in the Win 10 Mail app, it is blank and there is no indication that there are attachments.

Based on my 35 years experience with computers and the testing I have done, I must conclude that the problem is with Win 10 Mail app so I suggest that Microsoft look into this issue.

SewsALot710, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Photos - attach photos to mail

Hi,

Before we proceed, please answer the following questions to help you better.

• Which client are you using to attach the photo with your mail?
    • How are you attaching the file?

Post us with the required information to continue assisting you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Nov 19, 2018
  4. WIN 10 MAIL PHOTO ATTACHMENTS have T-attribute set

attachment in windows 10 mail

Hi,

What are the steps you're taking to attach your photos using Windows 10 mail?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Thank you.

Michelle Her, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

WIN 10 MAIL PHOTO ATTACHMENTS have T-attribute set

1. WIN 10 MAIL PHOTO ATTACHMENTS have T-attribute set - Similar Threads - MAIL PHOTO ATTACHMENTS

2. Photos Folder and Hidden/System Attribute Automatically Set

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos Folder and Hidden/System Attribute Automatically Set: I have several folders located on NAS drive with {random path}\Photos\ When navigating to the folder can go to the path {random path} and the folder will be missing from explorer. There are two ways I can get to the folder without changing my system settings to view system...
  3. Photos Folder and Hidden/System Attribute Automatically Set

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos Folder and Hidden/System Attribute Automatically Set: I have several folders located on NAS drive with {random path}\Photos\ When navigating to the folder can go to the path {random path} and the folder will be missing from explorer. There are two ways I can get to the folder without changing my system settings to view system...
  4. Photos Folder and Hidden/System Attribute Automatically Set

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Send photos as e-mail attachments.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Send photos as e-mail attachments.: Windows 10 Mail seems only to offer "insert" rather than "attach." With documents I still have the option to attach. What am I missing? Also, I try right-click Send To "mail recipient" and get a message telling me to "create an association in the Default Programs control...
  6. Send photos as e-mail attachments.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Send photos as e-mail attachments.: Windows 10 Mail seems only to offer "insert" rather than "attach." With documents I still have the option to attach. What am I missing? Also, I try right-click Send To "mail recipient" and get a message telling me to "create an association in the Default Programs control...
  7. Mail attachments

Mail attachments: When trying to open catalogue attachment to auction mail received, it won't open and an icon appears which is a YELLOW SQUARE WITH MONKEY HEAD INSIDE and click1x1. What is this. Seems to be only happening since MICROSOFT EDGE format change recently....
  8. MAIL APP doesnt have attachements??

MAIL APP doesnt have attachements??: the MAIL APP doesnt have attachments. I need the attachments for the mail app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-doesnt-have-attachements/32ffeacd-8302-4586-afa6-672189a4c311
  9. cannot open attachments in win 10 using bell mail

cannot open attachments in win 10 using bell mail: since the last update in win 10, i cannot open attachments in my bell mail . i have tried using microsoft edge but all i can get it to when it opens is turn into a big red square and then close. what can i do to open the attachments?...
  10. Win 10 mail pdf attachment problems.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 mail pdf attachment problems.: There are few pdf attachments in one of my emails. They are visible on phone but not in the Mail for Windows 10. Looking on various forums this is not a new problem what is happening. I have tried some of the so called fixes suggested by your so called engineers but to no...