Windows 10: Win 10 Mail

Discus and support Win 10 Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My win 10 mail had been working fine with an outlook.com email address setup as pop till a couple of days ago when I started getting a sync error. I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by hsofteng, Aug 16, 2016.

1. hsofteng Win User

Win 10 Mail

My win 10 mail had been working fine with an outlook.com email address setup as pop till a couple of days ago when I started getting a sync error.

I did a system state backup and deleted win 10 mail to install - however this all went horribly wrong and I couldnt get my mail account to sync - it kept saying the credentials were wrong (they arent I can login online fine)

so I decided to restore my system back to my restore point as I would as least have my historical email back right? Wrong, its gone.... Even though win mail is installed theres no Windows Mail folder under appdata! How can I restore the account back? HELP please..

:)

hsofteng, Aug 16, 2016

2. Email in Windows 10

Issue is not with Outlook 2013. Issue is coordinating sending/receiving email via gmail with MS 10, MS Account and Win 10 mail app.

Gmail forwarded to MS Account, but MS Account does not forward mail to Win 10 mail app. All mail folders in Win 10 mail app have been sync but mail does not appear.

J DavidBacon, Aug 16, 2016
  3. How can I change the letter colors in email

I am now using the mail app that came with Win 10.

I previously used Yahoo mail in Win 8.1

This is an upgrade to Win 10

DennisKnightk38, Aug 16, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

Win 10 Mail

Which email address are you using? Just give the end part like live.com. You might wish to read this.

swarfega, Aug 16, 2016
  5. hsofteng Win User
    The email ends mydomain.com and I am not using live mail I am using the mail app in win 10

hsofteng, Aug 16, 2016
  6. gpstoloff Win User
    The MyDomain Knowledgebase Email page lists the IMAP or POP protocol items; while the Windows 8 Phone specific reference shows the exact steps for the Windows 10 Mail app configuration.

MyDomain isn't hosted on Outlook.com; it uses either IMAP or POP3 protocols from its own hosted servers. Because you said you had it configured for POP3, all email history is retained on the server. (IMAP offers the option of removing messages from the server when deleted from your local PC.)

So, W10 Mail use of the AppData folders is purely transient; it doesn't retain any history once the app is closed. The WinMail folder you're referencing must be present in your MyDomain email account -- which you will likely see, once the MyDomain servers recognize your account configuration and one-time download all existing messages. (IIRC, POP3 shouldn't download duplicates of ones you already have downloaded previously.)

gpstoloff, Aug 17, 2016
  7. hsofteng Win User
    sorry think i have confused matters.... its not the official mydomain.com its my company domain name .com, hosted by outlook.com

hsofteng, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Mail

1. Win 10 Mail - Similar Threads - Mail

2. Microsoft Mail app is not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Mail app is not opening: I am not able to open microsoft mail app.. getting the error "We’re updating Mail. It should be ready to use again shortly." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mail-app-is-not-opening/9b424bb4-5fae-4412-b42c-49c985a10d4f"
  3. Mail App send your messages using this name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App send your messages using this name: Hi Community, Since updating windows 10 and adding all my accounts back into the Mail app the option to : "send your messages using this name" had vanished from the sync options. Where can this now be found? [ATTACH]...
  4. Mail app on Windows 10 refuses to sync Gmail accounts

Mail app on Windows 10 refuses to sync Gmail accounts: Hello there, Since maybe 10-12 hours ago, Mail won't sync my Gmail accounts. It worked perfectly fine for months, yesterday I received one of those "Account needs to be fixed/Settings out of date" messages, went through with the login, and realized after a few hours sync is...
  5. Sending photos from photo program via e-mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sending photos from photo program via e-mail: Suddenly I cannot send pictures from the Windows 10 photo program via e-mail. I follow all the steps to share and the e-mail is not shown as sent in my e-mail account and the recepient does not receive the photo. Prior to this the photos program stopped sending to Facebook...
  6. mail account panel keeps collapsing

mail account panel keeps collapsing: I have multiple email accounts that I view in Microsoft Mail. The window on the left keeps collapsing every time I open a message. How do I keep it open so I can see all of my accounts?...
  7. Mail (Windows 10) Search not Working for Certain Senders

Mail (Windows 10) Search not Working for Certain Senders: I have an issue that is consistent across a couple computers wherein the search function in the native Windows 10 Mail application cannot find emails from some senders, regardless of where the keyword appears in the email. I should note that the sender I have identified thus...
  8. Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail: How do you set up new files and address groups in Windows 10 Mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail/44e36758-986c-42c2-87c2-c58fc3c66d37"
  9. Windows Live Mail - Can receive but not send emails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Live Mail - Can receive but not send emails: I have a Dell computer and my operating system is Windows 10 Pro and I am using Windows Live Mail, Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308). I have satellite internet through Hughes (Gen 5). The account on which I am having the issue is a Windstream email account. I can send...
  10. Recent update lost all Windows Live Mail contacts & all Edge favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent update lost all Windows Live Mail contacts & all Edge favorites: a recent Windows update left me with no contacts in Windows live mail and no favorites in Microsoft Edge. What's up with that and is there a way to restore them? Windows 10 32 bit always latest update! 144388