Windows 10: Win 10 Mail

Discus and support Win 10 Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My win 10 mail had been working fine with an outlook.com email address setup as pop till a couple of days ago when I started getting a sync error. I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by hsofteng, Aug 16, 2016.

1. hsofteng Win User

Win 10 Mail

My win 10 mail had been working fine with an outlook.com email address setup as pop till a couple of days ago when I started getting a sync error.

I did a system state backup and deleted win 10 mail to install - however this all went horribly wrong and I couldnt get my mail account to sync - it kept saying the credentials were wrong (they arent I can login online fine)

so I decided to restore my system back to my restore point as I would as least have my historical email back right? Wrong, its gone.... Even though win mail is installed theres no Windows Mail folder under appdata! How can I restore the account back? HELP please..

:)

hsofteng, Aug 16, 2016

2. Email in Windows 10

Issue is not with Outlook 2013. Issue is coordinating sending/receiving email via gmail with MS 10, MS Account and Win 10 mail app.

Gmail forwarded to MS Account, but MS Account does not forward mail to Win 10 mail app. All mail folders in Win 10 mail app have been sync but mail does not appear.

J DavidBacon, Aug 16, 2016
  3. How can I change the letter colors in email

I am now using the mail app that came with Win 10.

I previously used Yahoo mail in Win 8.1

This is an upgrade to Win 10

DennisKnightk38, Aug 16, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

Win 10 Mail

Which email address are you using? Just give the end part like live.com. You might wish to read this.

swarfega, Aug 16, 2016
  5. hsofteng Win User
    The email ends mydomain.com and I am not using live mail I am using the mail app in win 10

hsofteng, Aug 16, 2016
  6. gpstoloff Win User
    The MyDomain Knowledgebase Email page lists the IMAP or POP protocol items; while the Windows 8 Phone specific reference shows the exact steps for the Windows 10 Mail app configuration.

MyDomain isn't hosted on Outlook.com; it uses either IMAP or POP3 protocols from its own hosted servers. Because you said you had it configured for POP3, all email history is retained on the server. (IMAP offers the option of removing messages from the server when deleted from your local PC.)

So, W10 Mail use of the AppData folders is purely transient; it doesn't retain any history once the app is closed. The WinMail folder you're referencing must be present in your MyDomain email account -- which you will likely see, once the MyDomain servers recognize your account configuration and one-time download all existing messages. (IIRC, POP3 shouldn't download duplicates of ones you already have downloaded previously.)

gpstoloff, Aug 17, 2016
  7. hsofteng Win User
    sorry think i have confused matters.... its not the official mydomain.com its my company domain name .com, hosted by outlook.com

hsofteng, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Mail

1. Win 10 Mail - Similar Threads - Mail

2. Microsoft Mail Client not Outlook - no such option to change layout to view bottom under...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Mail Client not Outlook - no such option to change layout to view bottom under...: Microsoft Mail Client not Outlook - no such option to change layout to view bottom of Preview Pane [Settings -> Reading Pane] unlike with Outlook.See attached Screenshots for Mal ver and Settings Option....
  3. Microsoft Mail Client not Outlook - no such option to change layout to view bottom under...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Mail Client not Outlook - no such option to change layout to view bottom under...: Microsoft Mail Client not Outlook - no such option to change layout to view bottom of Preview Pane [Settings -> Reading Pane] unlike with Outlook.See attached Screenshots for Mal ver and Settings Option....
  4. New mail notification on Outlook new and Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New mail notification on Outlook new and Mail: Windows 11.I've only set up my email account on Outlook new and yet I'm getting new mail notifications for both Outlook AND Mail. How can I stop the notifications from Mail?...
  5. New mail notification on Outlook new and Mail

New mail notification on Outlook new and Mail: Windows 11.I've only set up my email account on Outlook new and yet I'm getting new mail notifications for both Outlook AND Mail. How can I stop the notifications from Mail?...
  6. bogus mail sent from my Microsoft mail account: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bogus mail sent from my Microsoft mail account: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986: I have suddenly been having people respond to mail that I didn't send AND have numerous emails in my draft section that I never started. One said that it was sent to the following account: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986, which gets me to a dead-end site. Besides...
  7. bogus mail sent from my Microsoft mail account: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986

bogus mail sent from my Microsoft mail account: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986: I have suddenly been having people respond to mail that I didn't send AND have numerous emails in my draft section that I never started. One said that it was sent to the following account: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986, which gets me to a dead-end site. Besides...
  8. In windows live mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In windows live mail: Unable to send and receive messages for Hotmail account your server has unexpectedly terminated the conneection possible causes for this include server problems network problems or a long. inactivity...
  9. In windows live mail

In windows live mail: Unable to send and receive messages for Hotmail account your server has unexpectedly terminated the conneection possible causes for this include server problems network problems or a long. inactivity...
  10. In wind0ws live mail

In wind0ws live mail: Unable to send and receive messages for Hotmail account your server has unexpectedly terminated the conneection possible causes for this include server problems network problems or a long. inactivity...