Windows 10: Win 10 mailoto protocol ignoring system settings

Discus and support Win 10 mailoto protocol ignoring system settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Win 10 Enterprise build 1809 ignores default settings to use Thunderbird instead of Outlook for mail to. I have triple checked the default mail app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IllogicalError, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Win 10 mailoto protocol ignoring system settings

Win 10 Enterprise build 1809 ignores default settings to use Thunderbird instead of Outlook for mail to. I have triple checked the default mail app setting and protocol setting, switched back and forth between the two applications as default, it refuses to use the system settings.

Does anyone know a fix?

:)

IllogicalError, Aug 21, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Ignoring Default App Settings

Win 10 mailoto protocol ignoring system settings [​IMG]

Hi, WMP is a bit puzzling.. I noted those two folders also, and this is a clean install of Win 10, so suggest you leave it well alone. That's how to remove/install it.

dalchina, Aug 21, 2019
  3. sambul72 Win User
    When trying to set Protocol Handler in Chrome, (for Bitcoin, Gmail, Etc) Windows gives me a dialog box that states "To change your default apps, go to Settings > System > Default Apps"

"I was able to do this by adding a Key to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT in the registry..."

And that's it? Would you share how exactly did you do it step-by-step? Show an example others can learn from, instead of following the same low standards you rejected above. Win 10 mailoto protocol ignoring system settings :)

You asked a valid question: How a user can manually add a new protocol or protocol handler installed on a local PC to Win 10 Default Apps & Protocol Associations List? That would be needed, if the protocol handler is already installed or available,
    but the protocol or handler is not listed in Win 10 defaults. Were is your detail answer using BitCoin as a new protocol example? May be MS employees can provide it?

A few links I can suggest, though some info might have limited or no applicability to Win 10:

Registering a protocol handler in Windows 8

How to register a protocol for a .Net app under Windows 10?

Application Registration
    Installing
    and Registering Protocol Handlers

Restore Default File Associations in Win 8.1

Setting
    Default Program/Protocol Associations with DISM

Yet another simple approach that worked for me was uninstalling all desktop and modern apps handling a certain protocol as traced in Registry including the default app, and THEN reinstalling the app I wanted to handle that protocol
    by default instead. Thorough Registry cleanup may be done in-between.

sambul72, Aug 21, 2019
  4. gmopro Win User

Win 10 mailoto protocol ignoring system settings

Power Settings Ignored by Lenovo Yoga 400 laptop

• Did you make any changes to your computer? I dont know.. what kind of changes are you talking about. I only added software.. like Norton Security and a few free MSFT apps.
    • Which Build are you currently in? I dont know..probably the latest one. How do i determine "the build"?? I always update windows and pretty sure this is up to date here.
    • Which troubleshooting steps did you try? Tried everything that was suggested,..power troubleshooter, update graphics card, set power settings to default, and other things.. nothing worked. Has been a problem for many months.
      How do i do this clean boot? I will need instructions for these things..step by step. i am tired of this machine ignoring the power settings. Need this fixed.

gmopro, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 mailoto protocol ignoring system settings

1. Win 10 mailoto protocol ignoring system settings - Similar Threads - mailoto protocol ignoring

2. Why is Win 11 Ignoring my settings for power & sign-in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Win 11 Ignoring my settings for power & sign-in?: I have 2 major issues with my new Windows 11 laptop. 1 I set up the power settings to NEVER turn off the system/disks/etc when plugged in. However, after being away from the computer for some unknown amount of time, it shuts down anyway, causing me to miss AV database...
  3. Why is Win 11 Ignoring my settings for power & sign-in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Win 11 Ignoring my settings for power & sign-in?: I have 2 major issues with my new Windows 11 laptop. 1 I set up the power settings to NEVER turn off the system/disks/etc when plugged in. However, after being away from the computer for some unknown amount of time, it shuts down anyway, causing me to miss AV database...
  4. power settings ignored

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power settings ignored: Windows 10 is ignoring power settings and locks screen after 1 minute, troubleshooting power settings did not help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-settings-ignored/3933bc6a-c203-4728-bffa-3b8b57dbc455
  5. Win 10 BlueTooth Ignores BT Keypad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 BlueTooth Ignores BT Keypad: itip-4000 BT keykoard was successfully paired and works nicely with my Android 10 pad; RCA windows 10 pad noted the Keyboard for the first few times; 1 first 2 times show different pairing code; but i did not catch/succeed 2 then listed as device found, but no code...
  6. Sleep and power settings ignored

Sleep and power settings ignored: Hi, I am having problems with power settings. I followed following instructions from the forum: 1. Do nothing when closing lid when plugged in 2. Turn off Uncheck fast startup 3. Turn off Hybrid sleep for both on battery and plugged in 4.Checked screensaver and put some...
  7. windows 10 power and sleep settings ignored

windows 10 power and sleep settings ignored: this problem of win 10 ignoring sleep setting is BS , its over a yr old and still happening ! it seems to me that the support team at Microsoft is at sleep !...
  8. Windows 10 Ignoring setting of "No Sign In Required"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Ignoring setting of "No Sign In Required": Window 10 Home Version 1803 OS Build 17134.523 This desktop always plugged in This is the first operating system installed on the PC new hardware. There is only one account on the PC: administrator. I've been to: Settings\SignIn Options I have checked all my power...
  9. Windows 10 continues to ignore settings.

Windows 10 continues to ignore settings.: I have asked versions of this before,but let's try again. I have driver updates unchecked and blocked because I have a broken trackpad and if it is live if will bounce the cursor all over and make my laptop unusable. This was not a problem until last January when windows...
  10. GPO settings being ignored

GPO settings being ignored: Hello all, So I have configured in my GPO settings to push down the CD/DVD write as disabled for laptops. In essence meaning that users that fall under the laptop groups can use the optical drive. Now as of recent August updates, users are now randomly not able to do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 power and sleep settings ignored

2. windows 10 sleep settings ignored