Windows 10: Win 10 Maintenance telling me to scan drive online - WHERE online?

Discus and support Win 10 Maintenance telling me to scan drive online - WHERE online? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been getting a notice every time I start up to Errors Found, Scan Drive. So, I go to Security and Maintenance and run the Maintenance to scan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by me1004, Jun 3, 2020.

1. me1004 Win User

Win 10 Maintenance telling me to scan drive online - WHERE online?

I have been getting a notice every time I start up to Errors Found, Scan Drive. So, I go to Security and Maintenance and run the Maintenance to scan the drive. Drive Status shows it is scanning the drive. It keeps ending by saying Online Scan Needed. And that's all. And I keep getting that same notice after starting up that errors have been found, scan drive.

Where am I to go to scan my drive online? And why would I want to open all on my computer to someplace online, to scan and go through all my stuff?

:)

me1004, Jun 3, 2020
  2. JoeJY Win User

Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

I have Defender Windows 10. I tried using custom scan to select and scan external drives. The screen listing the drives comes up, but the "OK" button remains grayed out so unable to scan any of the drives listed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JoeJY, Jun 3, 2020
  3. JoeJY Win User

I tried the custom scan in Defender Windows 10. It brings up the list of drives but the "OK" button remains grayed out when I select any drive in the list, so still unable to scan external drives... Any suggestion would be appreciated.

JoeJY, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Brian Cab Win User

Hi Joe,

to scan external drives using Windows Defender, follow the steps provided below.

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Go to Settings tab.
    • Select the Advanced option.
    • tick the checkbox for Scan removable drives.

Regards.

Brian Cab, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Win 10 Maintenance telling me to scan drive online - WHERE online? - Similar Threads - Maintenance telling scan

2. Win 10 online key activation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 online key activation: Hello Guys, because I don't know who else I should ask about this problem Im coming to your community and hope that one of you is able to help me. So I bought a Windows 10 Home key yesterday to finally get rid of the watermark I have on my new PC. I went into the options...
  3. No friends online

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No friends online: Its been weeks of being able to play xbox one with friends online, but not being able to see friends or join them or invite them from PC, how can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-friends-online/9cf63faf-05fa-4b97-997f-54fd20bdf526
  4. Bought Win 10 Pro online. Where do i get software and key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bought Win 10 Pro online. Where do i get software and key?: I built a new computer and bought Win10 Pro online. When I look at the emails I received from Microsoft, including the payment receipt, I see a lot of info except there's no link for downloading the software or registration key. "View or manage your order" nothing useful...
  5. online bingo

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    online bingo: Why does the online bingo keep giving "server error" try again. I have not been able to access the bingo program, and not been able to access the daily awards for a week now. What is the problem?...
  6. online scan from microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    online scan from microsoft: my system has malare and trojan virus. is there a online scan provided by microsoft. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/online-scan-from-microsoft/4f3cf02d-87a1-4cdb-b1fa-b02e50e1ffd3
  7. Win 10 OnLine Games BackUp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 OnLine Games BackUp: Re-installing Win10-Restore Misrosoft Games from Current Position I want to Re-install win10, I downloaded many games from Microsoft stores and open many cars in Car Racing games after win. Now how to take backup of these games so after re-install its starts from CURRENT...
  8. Map drive to Sharepoint Online

in Windows 10 Customization
    Map drive to Sharepoint Online: We're using sharepoint online and would like to map a drive to a library which has a number of subfolders in it (5000+). When I map it I'm told the folder is empty. I'm able to map directly to one of the subfolders and see files but not to the root of the Library. Is there a...
  9. Online Storage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Online Storage: What is a safe and free online storage that I can trust. So after I finish doing a clean install of windows 10 pro. I will be able retrieve my stuff. I was told Cloud was good. Witch one? And I'm running windows 10 pro 32 Bit it was a upgrade. I want a clean install of...
  10. Recently had to chat with MS online tech to reactivate, tell me why?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recently had to chat with MS online tech to reactivate, tell me why?: I have a win10 PC. It had said activated and said linked to my Microsoft account. I had been getting a few we need you to sign in again messages to verify it was me, which I dont understand that day. Anyway, I put in a drive to clone the OS. The drive had an older OS...