Windows 10: Win 10 - Mapped drives prompting for credentials over Wi-Fi

Discus and support Win 10 - Mapped drives prompting for credentials over Wi-Fi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a couple new Win10 machines that access our network over wifi (RADIUS server). The machines log into the domain without issue, I have a correct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Scott_MetO, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Win 10 - Mapped drives prompting for credentials over Wi-Fi

I have a couple new Win10 machines that access our network over wifi (RADIUS server). The machines log into the domain without issue, I have a correct IP address and can ping my window shares. However if I try to map a network drive, it is prompting me for my network credentials (and we have to connect to 7 shares so its entering the creds 7 different times). I have a few older Win10 and Win7 machines that don't experience this behavior. Has anyone experienced this before?

:)

Scott_MetO, Sep 17, 2019

2. Wi - Fi issue with Win 10

When I right click on net adapter no Wi-Fi update driver appears ,What's with that ??

The first one tells me everything is fine

gymkrajewski, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Wi - Fi issue with Win 10

Hi Elfaroukm,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

The issue you are facing could be due to the Wi-Fi driver is outdated. Let’s try simple steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue.

Step 1.

I would recommend you to run network troubleshooter and let us know the status.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.
    • Click on View all on the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Network troubleshooter.
    • Click on Advanced on the Network troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Network troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist try the below information provided.

Step 2.

I would suggest you to update Wi-Fi driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device manager.
    • Now click on Network adaptor and right click on it and
      Wi-Fi driver
      and update the driver.
    Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Win 10 - Mapped drives prompting for credentials over Wi-Fi

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 - Mapped drives prompting for credentials over Wi-Fi

1. Win 10 - Mapped drives prompting for credentials over Wi-Fi - Similar Threads - Mapped drives prompting

2. No internet with Wi-Fi and Ethernet - Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet with Wi-Fi and Ethernet - Win 10: When I connect my LAN cable or my Wifi adapter to my pc it shows it but it doesn’t give me internet.I have tried many things including drivers, reinstalling, resetting, configuring the DNS and many other things but I can’t get it to workMy Windows version is 21H1 1706 - if it...
  3. No internet with Wi-Fi and Ethernet - Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet with Wi-Fi and Ethernet - Win 10: When I connect my LAN cable or my Wifi adapter to my pc it shows it but it doesn’t give me internet.I have tried many things including drivers, reinstalling, resetting, configuring the DNS and many other things but I can’t get it to workMy Windows version is 21H1 1706 - if it...
  4. No internet with Wi-Fi and Ethernet - Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 keeps forgetting wi-fi credentials

Windows 10 keeps forgetting wi-fi credentials: Windows keeps autonomously logging off from the wi-fi network and asks for credentials to log back in. Even if you enter the right wi-fi username and password it will fail to log in a couple of times until that one odd instance when it finally successfully logs in. After...
  6. RDP credential prompt is delaying over VPN

RDP credential prompt is delaying over VPN: Hi,I am working as Desktop support enginner in an IT firm. A few users are facing an issue while they are trying to connect RDP servers while VPN connected. Below are the observations.1. All of the machines are domain joined machine and windows build version and patches are...
  7. Prefer Wi-Fi over Ethernet

Prefer Wi-Fi over Ethernet: Situation: My PC is connected to a switch via Ethernet. Recently I bought a Wi-Fi card Asus PCE-AC56. I get a gigabit connection to the switch, but the wired connection to the switch is just 25Mbit because of crappy DLAN. With Wi-Fi I get the full 100Mbit over 5Ghz....
  8. Win 10 Wi-Fi not working

Win 10 Wi-Fi not working: My HP Pavilion 17 has only been connected to the internet via Wi-Fi. In the past week every time I start the laptop it only displays the Ethernet option. Troubleshooter only reads "A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken". The only way I can even find...
  9. Mapped Drive not remembering server credentials

Mapped Drive not remembering server credentials: I have a mapped drive point to a static IP address for a server to enable file access when offsite. I am trying to set up a new surface pro 4 using windows 10 pro build 1803 and it keeps asking for credentials everytime i log out and in on the SP4. I mapped it in file...
  10. Virus spreading over Wi-Fi!?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus spreading over Wi-Fi!?: So, my Dad is going to purchase a new Windows Device for me (A bit late for XMas). My Dad also owns devices that have been infected be Viruses and other infections. If I connect to the Wi-Fi on my Windows Device, can Viruses and other infections infect my System through...