Windows 10: Win 10 Media Player in my PC connected to Onkyo Amp Receiver HDMI .. no sound

Discus and support Win 10 Media Player in my PC connected to Onkyo Amp Receiver HDMI .. no sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Last year I simply plugged an hdmi cable from my PC Win 10 Media Player to my Onkyo (PC hdmi port ) then selected PC button on the front of the unit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by olleycdn, May 29, 2019.

1. olleycdn Win User

Win 10 Media Player in my PC connected to Onkyo Amp Receiver HDMI .. no sound

Last year I simply plugged an hdmi cable from my PC Win 10 Media Player to my Onkyo (PC hdmi port ) then selected PC button on the front of the unit and listened to all my favorite playlists. This year that does not work. I have already pored over the advanced OnkyoTX-SR333 manual for solution but nothing. I bought a new HDMI cable 2.0 last year and it has not been used since so the cable is not the problem (?).. I thought it was all simple - plug in and go but nowadays there might be more complicated ways to do this than I know about so perhaps there have been changes made to Win 10 that I am oblivious to.

Anyone help?

:)

olleycdn, May 29, 2019

2. Media player

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue further, we’d like to know the following:

• What is the version of your Windows Media Player?
    • Did you get any error message? If yes, kindly specify.
    In the meantime, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the
    Windows Media player
    . Here are the steps how to:

• Press Win button + R on your keyboard.
    • In the text box, type Control.
    • On the left pane, click Turn Windows features on or off option to see Windows Features window.
    • Expand Media Feature list, then uncheck Windows Media Player box. It will give a prompt message;
      this will also turn of Windows Media Center click yes as you will need
      to reinstall it after.
    • Reboot PC.
    • You need to reinstall Windows Media Player. Open Windows Features, tick the Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center, then install it from there.

Let us know how it goes.

Sherry Bel, May 29, 2019
  3. manu1999 Win User
    Onkyo Receiver

Does anyone know if there is or is there coming app for av receiver Onkyo (TX-NR..9) users ?

manu1999, May 29, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, May 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Win 10 Media Player in my PC connected to Onkyo Amp Receiver HDMI .. no sound - Similar Threads - Media Player connected

2. connecting my laptop win 10 to my stereo receiver no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connecting my laptop win 10 to my stereo receiver no sound: Trying to connect my laptop to my Denon receiver. I can connect other laptops and android phones to my stereo receiver and they work. The problem is not with the connection or the AV receiver. I plug in the RCA cable to my Dell laptop microphone hole, but i hear the sound...
  3. win 10 media player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win 10 media player: win 10 media player no longer burn cd's. what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-media-player/8e5159c0-08b1-4b7b-a4f2-5c5a87916264
  4. Win 10 Media Player HELP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Media Player HELP: I would like to add music to my win 10 media player that I have on a disc but don't seem to be able to get it done. If anyone can tell me how I think I can follow their advice - but please keep in mind that I am not very computer literate - so it may require a "dummies...
  5. amp for win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    amp for win 10: You got an error message while using Windows Media Player. Unfortunately, specific info about the error isn't currently available. What does this mean and how do I fix it?...
  6. win 10 dvd media player

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 dvd media player: to whom it may concern. I having problems with playing DVD. nothing happens. I brought a window DVD player when I insert the DVD, it tells me the following ,TRY AGAIN OR RESTART. NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED HERE. OX8004027D I TRID A NUMBER OF TIMES NOTHING HAPPENS . SO I...
  7. No sound on my PC with any media player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound on my PC with any media player: Why won't mp3 or mp4 files play on my Windows 10 PC in Media Player (Windows encountered an error opening this file)? The files open in other media players with no sound and iTunes plays the mp3s without any problem. And yes, my speakers are at 100%. Everything used to work...
  8. Need a Media Player for Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need a Media Player for Win 10: Hi folks, I'm a new guy to Win 10 and this forum. I have been using Windows for many years, but know almost nothing except the very basic functions. I need a new media player. I only plan on ripping and burning movies, photos, and music. I want an application that is very...
  9. Media Player in Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Player in Win 10: Seems like .flac files skip in Windows Media Player 12.0 in Windows 10 50602
  10. win media player

in Windows 10 Support
    win media player: Ripped a DVD in windows media player --put songs in burn list (right column) put a blank DVD in writer/player-- clicked burn-start burn --windows 10 ejects the disk then states to put in disk and windows will automatically start burning process BUT it ejects the disk...