Windows 10: win 10 microphone headset

Discus and support win 10 microphone headset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HI, I am trying to help someone who relies on voice recognition software due to quadriplegia. He uses a usb mic headset on a win 10 computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kvanden, Dec 29, 2020.

1. kvanden Win User

win 10 microphone headset

HI, I am trying to help someone who relies on voice recognition software due to quadriplegia.

He uses a usb mic headset on a win 10 computer.

Recently he has had 4 headsets in a row where windows stopped recognizing the microphone, but still recognizes the headphones. Each time, once a new mic headset is introduced, the new one works fine... for a while...:/

We have tried adjusting mic sound levels, different usb ports, plugging/unplugging. disabling / re-enabling in the control panel .

Recently tried changing the power options on the usb hub - didnt recognize old mic - but did recogn. new mic ...which is how it has played out each time.. any advice?

THANKS for any help in this solving this mysterY!

Karen

:)

kvanden, Dec 29, 2020
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Headset microphone not working in windows 10

Thank you for the feedback. Since you have tried all the troubleshooting steps in the article, it's possible that the issue lies with the hardware or it's driver. To assist you further, please provide the following information:

• Have you tried the headset on a different Windows 10 computer?
    • Have you tried connecting a different headset on your PC?

We suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your PC to check the headset jack for issues. Also try to reach out to the manufacturer of your headset to
    check if they have a new driver for the recent Windows 10 updates.

Keep us posted.

Jay Jap, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Headset microphone problems Windows 10

Hello Steyn,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that windows is unable to configure the microphone settings for your headset device.

I would suggest you to use the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Run the Microphone Setup Wizard

• Type “Set up Mic” in Cortana’s Search box.

• Follow the instructions provided to set up your microphone.
    Check your microphone’s drivers

• Type in “Device Manager” in the Search box and select it from the list.

• Expand Sound, video and game controllers

• Right-click (or tap and hold) your microphone device and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
      This option will scan the Internet for the correct version of the driver or determine if you already have the most recent driver installed.
      You may be prompted to restart your computer to install the driver.
    Manually turn up the mic gain

• Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select
      Sound (Control Panel)
      from the list.

• Select the Recording tab.

• Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select
      Properties.

• Select the Levels tab.

• Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click
      Apply.
    Write to us with the updated information. If the issue still persists we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 29, 2020
  4. KerooSeta Win User

Bluetooth Headset Microphones Don't work with Windows 10

I cannot get any bluetooth headset microphone to work with Windows 10. I have tried three different bluetooth headsets, most recently a Corsair Gaming H2100. I have no problem getting the audio output to work just fine with any of them, but I cannot get
    it to recognize the microphone. I have followed all of the obvious steps:

• Uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version of the drivers
    • Restart my computer
    • Disable other microphones
    • Set the headset as the default recording device
    • Check the levels and set to 100
    • Remove the device with the device manager and reinstall
    • Unplug and plug back in my bluetooth antenna
    • Make sure that Windows is totally updated
    None of these steps has made any difference. I am able to get wired microphones to work, but this isn't ideal with my current set-up, as I sit about 10 feet away from my computer and use my 55" television as my monitor. So, I have a really nice webcam that
    I use as a microphone. It is fine, but I would really like to be able to use a bluetooth headset sometimes and not have to talk loudly to a microphone across the room.

Happy to have any help. Thanks.

KerooSeta, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

1. win 10 microphone headset - Similar Threads - microphone headset

2. New headset microphone ONLY picking up output audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New headset microphone ONLY picking up output audio: I bought a new headset which comes with a microphone Razer Kraken specifically and the output audio is working just fine but the microphone doesn't pick up my voice, and instead it's picking up only output audio.I have tried setting as default device, using the troubleshoot...
  3. New headset microphone ONLY picking up output audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New headset microphone ONLY picking up output audio: I bought a new headset which comes with a microphone Razer Kraken specifically and the output audio is working just fine but the microphone doesn't pick up my voice, and instead it's picking up only output audio.I have tried setting as default device, using the troubleshoot...
  4. New headset microphone ONLY picking up output audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I want to know if there is a way to change my microphone from headphones to headset.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I want to know if there is a way to change my microphone from headphones to headset.: I use winddows 10 and for some reason windows is registering my microphone as a pair of headphones instead of a microphone and just uses the laptops internal microphone. The mice I use is the fifine k667 and i have have it connected to my laptop through the 3.5mm jack. It was...
  6. I messed up my headset settings and now the microphone doesn't work and the audio is a lot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I messed up my headset settings and now the microphone doesn't work and the audio is a lot...: For context, this started because I was trying to work out how to listen to audio with two separate headsets and managed to succeed. However, when I tried to reverse what I had done after the fuss with the two headsets, my microphone became very quiet when I called on Discord...
  7. I messed up my headset settings and now the microphone doesn't work and the audio is a lot...

I messed up my headset settings and now the microphone doesn't work and the audio is a lot...: For context, this started because I was trying to work out how to listen to audio with two separate headsets and managed to succeed. However, when I tried to reverse what I had done after the fuss with the two headsets, my microphone became very quiet when I called on Discord...
  8. Windows 11 screen recording sped up using headset microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 screen recording sped up using headset microphone: I only have this problem when using my headset microphone but the screen recording is sped up a bit and my audio recording from headset mic is very sped up.I have tried screen recording using my laptop microphone and do not have this issue....
  9. Windows 11 screen recording sped up using headset microphone

Windows 11 screen recording sped up using headset microphone: I only have this problem when using my headset microphone but the screen recording is sped up a bit and my audio recording from headset mic is very sped up.I have tried screen recording using my laptop microphone and do not have this issue....
  10. Earbud/headset microphone not connecting?

Earbud/headset microphone not connecting?: I've had this problem for a while. No headset or earbud microphone will work. I've only gotten a camera microphone to connect to it. I know the microphone works, and as of trying to connect it again, I'm using AirPods Pro 2nd Gen. I don't even see the choice for Airpods...