Windows 10: Win 10 / Microsoft Sculpt Desktop Set / wake from sleep issue

Discus and support Win 10 / Microsoft Sculpt Desktop Set / wake from sleep issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is how my Win10 x64 Pro system wake from sleep behaves with Microsoft Sculpt Allow keyboard to wake up PC Allow Mouse to wake up pc PC wakes with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mikgaw, Dec 5, 2019.

1. mikgaw Win User

Win 10 / Microsoft Sculpt Desktop Set / wake from sleep issue

This is how my Win10 x64 Pro system wake from sleep behaves with Microsoft Sculpt

Allow keyboard to wake up PC Allow Mouse to wake up pc PC wakes with keyboard usage PC wakes with mouse usage
    yes yes yes yes
    yes no yes yes - should be no!
    no yes yes - should be no! yes
    no no no no

One driver for desktop set handles both device manager flags for keyboad and mouse. They should be handled separately.

Is there something I'm missing? If not, how can I report this for fixing?

:)

mikgaw, Dec 5, 2019

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Sculpt ergonomic desktop - Replacement

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the version of Windows installed?

I suggest you to get in touch with the Microsoft Hardware
    Support
    to know about the replacement criteria. Meanwhile, you may also go through the
    Warranty Limit Manual given under Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 5, 2019
  4. RonGetz Win User

Will not wake from sleep

I have two computers. One a laptop and the other a four year old desktop. Both were upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. The desktop is Win 10 pro. Both have the same problem, they will not wake from sleep. I have tried many of the suggestions in the Forums
    and nothing has worked. The desktop was fine until two weeks ago. The desktop has no hibernation setting that I can find. My only choice at the present is to set the desktop to never sleep and do a shut down when I am not using it. If it goes to sleep
    I have to reset or boot to get it back. Is MS planning on an update to correct this problem that it appears many are having?

RonGetz, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Win 10 / Microsoft Sculpt Desktop Set / wake from sleep issue - Similar Threads - Microsoft Sculpt Desktop

2. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Set USB Dongle Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Set USB Dongle Issue: Hi,I purchased an ms sculpt keyboard and mouse set. The dongle was damaged and now it doesn't work. Is there any way to replace the dongle or buy a new dongle? Because the keyboard and mouse work. I just need a new dongle, I can buy it. Can you help with this? I paid 130 €...
  3. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Set USB Dongle Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Set USB Dongle Issue: Hi,I purchased an ms sculpt keyboard and mouse set. The dongle was damaged and now it doesn't work. Is there any way to replace the dongle or buy a new dongle? Because the keyboard and mouse work. I just need a new dongle, I can buy it. Can you help with this? I paid 130 €...
  4. Wake from Sleep issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake from Sleep issues: I've tried everything I can find, but my Windows 10 desktop won't fully wake from sleep. I can move the mouse and the computer starts to wake (lights, hard drive), but the keyboard won't activate (no lights) and the monitor doesn't wake. I have a web camera with Windows Hello...
  5. wake from sleep issue?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    wake from sleep issue?: I have a brand new Artesian NZXT H1 pc (SFF PCs — Artesian) with a Asus Rog Strix B550-I motherboard and Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. When my pc "sleeps"......I have to move the mouse/type on keyboard or hit the power button......AND THEN HIT THE POWER BUTTON A SECOND TIME, to get...
  6. Wake from sleep issues, Win 10, version 2004

Wake from sleep issues, Win 10, version 2004: Ever since upgrading to version 2004 my new HP Envoy laptop, Intel Core i5, 8 GB ram, is having wake from sleep issues. Three open apps, Mailwasher Pro, Outlook 2019, FireFox 77.0.1 64 bit, are very slow or are Non-Responding. Only fix is to restart then all is good....
  7. Wake from sleep issue

Wake from sleep issue: After the system goes to sleep once I awake it it hangs at the Windows screen (where time is shown left corner). After a bit I'm greeted with BSOD stating... DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION This is a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.535. When I hit the power button...
  8. Wake from sleep issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wake from sleep issue: After the system goes to sleep once I awake it it hangs at the Windows screen (where time is shown left corner). After a bit I'm greeted with BSOD stating... DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION This is a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.535. When I hit the power button (after...
  9. Wake from sleep issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wake from sleep issue: After the system goes to sleep once I awake it it hangs at the Windows screen (where time is shown left corner). After a bit I'm greeted with BSOD stating... DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION This is a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.535. When I hit the power button (after...
  10. Wake from sleep issue

Wake from sleep issue: New to tenforums. I work in the forestry field. We utilize Dell tablets running Windows 10 anniversary edition (10.0.14393 N/A Build 14393).These devices are used to collect data in the forest. We are collecting data for 6 to 8 hours at a time. The Dell tablets last this long...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to wake up microsoft sculpt keyboard