Windows 10: Win 10 mobile update - not enough storage issue

Discus and support Win 10 mobile update - not enough storage issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Anybody know how to get round a Win 10 update for a Nokia phone with 8gb storage when the system tells me it needs 700mb space for the upgrade and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pingu1, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Pingu1 Win User

Win 10 mobile update - not enough storage issue

Hi,

Anybody know how to get round a Win 10 update for a Nokia phone with 8gb storage when the system tells me it needs 700mb space for the upgrade and I have no ability to create that space. Everything installed on the phone is Microsoft apps etc and cannot be moved or uninstalled (greyed out) so I cannot make sufficient room. Mail and calendar is over 2gb in size (why?) but no options to reduce this.

Install gets to 100% preparing installation and then complains about lack of space. Have masses of space on sd card but can't move anything to it.

Any ideas - apart from getting a phone with more storage! Thanks

:)

Pingu1, Sep 16, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 16, 2018
  3. Microsoft Acknowledges Gaming Performance Issues Under Win 10 Creators Update

yeah, I run Win 10 and Win 7 dual boot on separate ssd's. and to be honest I get better performance in gaming benchmarks and higher fps in Win 7. I prefer Win 10 though just for the look of it(subjective) and never upgraded from the 1607 Anniversary build nor have been offered it through Windows update.
    having seen all the issues with the 'Creators' update on the BF1 forums I never had any intention of using it thankfully.

chief-gunney, Sep 16, 2018
  4. Win 10 mobile update - not enough storage issue

Win Bench

New Updates
    Win Bench: 2.0.6.1
    Updater: 1.0.4.0

Been sure to update the updater first...

New Updater:
    Shows A List Of Fixes For Win Bench

Checks Files, If Anything is missing or corrupt it will download it (May have a few issues still)

CrackerJack, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 mobile update - not enough storage issue

1. Win 10 mobile update - not enough storage issue - Similar Threads - mobile update enough

2. Theres not enough Storage Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Theres not enough Storage Space: I'm trying to make a System Image and it keeps telling me there's not enough Storage available and there definitely is as you can see from the pics. Does anybodt know how to fix this issue? I've tried 2 different SSD with the same out come. I even formatted a 1TB SSD Drive...
  3. Theres not enough Storage Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Theres not enough Storage Space: I'm trying to make a System Image and it keeps telling me there's not enough Storage available and there definitely is as you can see from the pics. Does anybodt know how to fix this issue? I've tried 2 different SSD with the same out come. I even formatted a 1TB SSD Drive...
  4. MSFS Not enough disk storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSFS Not enough disk storage: It says when i load up MSFS that I do not have enough disk storage but I have 151GB free storage??? Why wont it work, I thought 150GB was the requirement. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msfs-not-enough-disk-storage/19dde2e4-9a79-455f-84ea-0c5ba5b5727d
  5. Mobile Hotspot Issue in win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile Hotspot Issue in win 10: I am using win 10 and sophos firewall has been deployed.I am facing an issue. Whenever i turned on my mobile hotspot in laptop , internet browsing on my laptop stop working. Internet on devices connected to mobile hotspot are working fine . Youtube browsing works fine on...
  6. Mobile Hotspot Issue in win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot Issue in win 10: I am using win 10 and sophos firewall has been deployed.I am facing an issue. Whenever i turned on my mobile hotspot in laptop , internet browsing on my laptop stop working. Internet on devices connected to mobile hotspot are working fine . Youtube browsing works fine on...
  7. Mobile Hotspot Issue in win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Not enough storage space despite enough storage space?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not enough storage space despite enough storage space?: Hello, I have upgraded from on my PC from HDD to M2 ssd so cloned and cloned everything to the m2. Even Windows. For this I have connected an external ssd on which I want to load more games now the ext. SSD has 650gb free memory but it shows is origin, uplay or steam in...
  9. Windows v1903 not enough storage.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows v1903 not enough storage.: This is the most insane idea windows had forcing a install of v1903 on a HOME version of windows 10. I have had a blank 32 gig usb memory drive connected to my DELL Inspiron for weeks and it still keeps erroring with either not enough storage or other issues. If windows would...
  10. Windows Update Not enough disk space – Low storage space issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Update Not enough disk space – Low storage space issues: [ATTACH] When updating Windows 10 if you are running into low storage space problem, it simply means that there is not enough disk space on the drive where Windows 10 has been installed. When Windows 10 downloads the update packages, it extracts [...] This post Windows...