Windows 10: WIn 10 Mouse cursor gets "stuck" when transitioning to different curserlooks

Discus and support WIn 10 Mouse cursor gets "stuck" when transitioning to different curserlooks in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey there , my mouse cursor recently started doing wonky things , for example when i transition between different types of cursor modes lets say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PotMoon, Aug 23, 2019.

1. PotMoon Win User

WIn 10 Mouse cursor gets "stuck" when transitioning to different curserlooks

Hey there , my mouse cursor recently started doing wonky things , for example when i transition between different types of cursor modes lets say between the normal mouse and when adjusting a window to the little arrow symbol , the cursor gets stuck on the arrow mode , or when entering text into an application even in this forum it gets stuck on the ][ looking symbol and also glitches out by being snapped in half and appearing apart from it self by 3 CM

its quite a bizarre error.

I already tried different settings in the mouse option as for example mouse trail , which will .. create a second cursor after i click the checkbox that gets stuck until i disable the option or restart my PC

Restarting does not fix the issue

i have ran anti virus and reverted back to an earlier systempoint where i know the error did not occur but to no avail

turning on mouse accleration on or off as well as the other 4 options in the settings do not make any differences either beside more glitches

i tried seperate mice and the error persists on those as well

in DX applications mostly games that have their dedicated cursor or run fullscreen the error does not occur

using a different cursor set as well as reverting to standard yielded no results either beside the cursor getting stuck on the blue loading circle

:)

PotMoon, Aug 23, 2019
  2. Argel Obm Win User

No mouse cursor

Hi,

It is possible that the system did not recognize the mouse of your computer after it booted up. This can be the reason why you do not see the mouse cursor. Kindly perform a power cycle to refresh the power of the computer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Shutdown the computer.
    • After shutting it down, remove the battery (if you're using a laptop) and disconnect the computer from the charger.
    • Wait for 1 minute.
    • After 1 minute, attach the battery and turn on the computer.
    • Check if you will see the mouse cursor.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Aug 23, 2019
  3. Mouse Cursor and pad cursor - Acer Aspire Lap Top.

Hi Tess,

Based on the description that you mentioned, you're having challenges controlling the mouse cursor. It looks like we will need more information about your concern in order to give the most appropriate advice. As such, please answer the following questions:

• Did make any changes to your computer prior to this issue (e.g. updating Windows operating system, hardware changes, etc.)?
    • Can you please tell us more description of the behavior of the mouse cursor?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to the link below for helpful tips and steps on how you can resolve this issue:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows

We also suggest that you update the drivers in
    Windows 10
    as this process will apply new features and fixes that are essential to your hardware drivers.

We're looking forward to your response.

Lawrence Lib, Aug 23, 2019
  4. WIn 10 Mouse cursor gets "stuck" when transitioning to different curserlooks

Windows 10 stuck on blank screen with mouse cursor at boot

Recently I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. Everything installed and worked great for few weeks. After 2 or 3 weeks I can't boot to Windows 10 anymore.

The computer goes thru initial boot and before showing any windows 10 screens (no blue window, no dots etc) gets stuck on blank screen with blinking mouse cursor.

Per Microsoft engineer who responded to my previous post, I created windows 10 ISO disk. Booted from the disk, got thru the blue windows logo and dancing dots to a "Windows Setup" box with 2 options:

• 1. Continue with the upgrade (I already upgraded successfully and everything worked for a while)

2. Perform a clean installation
    Continuing upgrade gets me back to blank screen with blinking cursor.

I didn't try option 2, clean installation, because I am afraid to loose all my programs etc.

I installed turbotax after upgrading to win 10, but I don't think turbotax is a problem. I have no problems at all after installing it on another win 10 computer.

Now I regret upgrading to windows 10. Windows 7 worked perfectly fine.

Any suggestions how to repair the windows 10?

Or is there a way to go back to windows 7 without full reinstall?

Thanks for any help

andrewa_333, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

WIn 10 Mouse cursor gets "stuck" when transitioning to different curserlooks

1. WIn 10 Mouse cursor gets "stuck" when transitioning to different curserlooks - Similar Threads - Mouse cursor gets

2. stuck at black screen with mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stuck at black screen with mouse cursor: I was stuck at a black screen similar to when a computer is waking from sleep and could only see my cursor for a long time.Further when I restarted I just got back to this black screen ctrl alt delete, win+ctrl+shift +B did nothing eventually the computer went back to normal...
  3. Blue Circle on Mouse Cursor Stuck

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue Circle on Mouse Cursor Stuck: Hello, since yesterday, the blue circle next to the mouse cursor has been stuck and flashing without breaks. It keeps jumping back and forth really quickly (video: https://imgur.com/a/oNjHj7o )Ive already tried restarting, closed Spooler through task Manager, ran Windows...
  4. Win 10, Mouse Cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10, Mouse Cursor: Hallo, how I can change the color (from whilte t0 black) and perhaps the form of Mouse-Pointer under win 10? 175165
  5. Not-seamless Cursor Transition - Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not-seamless Cursor Transition - Multiple Monitors: I have the same issue as is described here: https://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/95328-external-second-display-wrong-size.html Basically - My laptop screen is physically smaller than my secondary monitor but has higher resolution. - In the display settings layout tool,...
  6. Mouse cursor is stuck on one point

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor is stuck on one point: To pretty much sum it up my cursor is stuck on my main monitor and when i try to move it, it just snaps back to where it was at before. I've tried many different fixes and none have worked. I havent a clue what to do....
  7. Mouse cursor different on different monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse cursor different on different monitors: I work with 3 monitors and,for no reason, the mouse cursor on the 2nd monitor changed from the arrow to a circle. I've tried mouse settings and monitor settings and nothing helps. I've re-started twice....
  8. mouse cursor stucking

mouse cursor stucking: added a wireless mouse thinking it's my touchpad, but either way the arrow cursor seems stuck in the middle surrounded by a halo of two crop circles I have checked and updated drivers... is it a coincidence that this issue started after the win 10 upgrade?...
  9. Mouse cursor stuck in center of screen

Mouse cursor stuck in center of screen: My mouse cursor suddenly froze in the corner of my screen after closing a game, i restarted my computer and ive also googled alot and reinstalled drivers and so far nothing has worked im using a m65 pro corsair mouse and i cant buy a new one so thats a no go, also im on a...
  10. Mouse Cursor Stuck

Mouse Cursor Stuck: I just upgraded from 8.1 (brand new) and I can move my mouse cursor for a couple seconds then it freezes and starts showing a loading circle every few seconds. 12454

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mouse gets gets stuck