Windows 10: Win 10 Mouse pointer reverts to old setting on boot-up

Discus and support Win 10 Mouse pointer reverts to old setting on boot-up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Win 10 Mouse pointer reverts to old setting on boot-up. Checked and rechecked drivers and they are are current. Experience same problem with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ArnoldGregg, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Win 10 Mouse pointer reverts to old setting on boot-up

Win 10 Mouse pointer reverts to old setting on boot-up. Checked and rechecked drivers and they are are current. Experience same problem with different wireless keyboard and mouse. Problem does not occur on wake-up only reboot.

:)

ArnoldGregg, Sep 20, 2019
  2. Ian Ser Win User

The Mouse Pointer (THE OLD ONE?)

Hi Amir,

Are you using an external mouse or the touch pad mouse? You can change the way how your mouse pointer looks by following these steps:

1. Press Windows key on your keyboard, type Change your mouse settings and select the search result.
    2. On the window that would appear, click Additional mouse options.
    3. On the Pointers tab, under Scheme, click
      Windows Default (system scheme)
      on the drop-down menu.

Let me know if there are improvements.

Ian Ser, Sep 20, 2019
  3. ilianaoum Win User
    mouse pointer

Upgraded to Windows 10, from Windows7 Home. Have had no real issues except I want to change the mouse pointer. I make the changes, then apply it, the mouse pointer remains changed for a minute, then reverts to the previous mouse pointer I had when making
    the upgrade to Window 10.

Any suggestions?

ilianaoum, Sep 20, 2019
  4. Win 10 Mouse pointer reverts to old setting on boot-up

Mouse pointer gone

Very concerning indeed. As a first step I would want to know how you are magnifying your mouse pointer. I assume you are going to Settings, Ease of Access, Mouse, and from there you are changing the pointer size.

I followed these steps and I was able to make my mouse pointer larger. So I know it works for some PCs. Just not yours.

Normally I suggest updated mouse drivers but in your case you already tried a different mouse so I would go in a different direction to troubleshoot your issue. First I would clean boot your PC. See if that step resolves your issue.

Clean boot your PC

How to perform a clean boot in Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: The steps apply for Windows 10 as well.

The goal of this step is to see if some other software is running on your PC that conflicts with your mouse. If this step resolves the issue the goal is to try to find the software that is conflicting and disable it, remove it, or update it so it no longer
    conflicts. Don't forget to reverse the steps of the clean boot when you are done trying this step.

Jesse Kopavi MSFT, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Mouse pointer reverts to old setting on boot-up

1. Win 10 Mouse pointer reverts to old setting on boot-up - Similar Threads - Mouse pointer reverts

2. Mouse pointer settings help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer settings help: Hi everyone, so I have a random question. I've been messing around a bit with how my mouse looks and I like it, but there's one catch. I want to change the Link Select cursor to the same cursor as the Normal Select. And I was able to do that, but there's an issue that I'm not...
  3. Mouse pointer settings help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer settings help: Hi everyone, so I have a random question. I've been messing around a bit with how my mouse looks and I like it, but there's one catch. I want to change the Link Select cursor to the same cursor as the Normal Select. And I was able to do that, but there's an issue that I'm not...
  4. Mouse pointer settings help

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Revert to plain mouse pointer and cursor

Revert to plain mouse pointer and cursor: I changed the mouse pointer and cursor size and color and I hate it. I want my regular mouse pointer and cursor back. Particularly, I don't want that stupid little hand to appear when I hover over a link. How do I revert it back to the regular mouse pointer?...
  6. WIN 10 PC REVERTED TO OLD DESKTOP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN 10 PC REVERTED TO OLD DESKTOP: When logging in to my Win 10 PC today, the desktop took on a totally different appearance. Most of my icons and taskbar settings were gone or changed. I tried a system restore on three times to points back to a month ago with same results. I got an error message that files...
  7. Mouse pointer hangs up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer hangs up: After the latest W10 update my mouse hangs up every 3 seconds for about a second. Just stops mid drag. Very uniform like something running in the background. Doesn't affect keyboard strokes. Tried a hard wired USB mouse and a USB wireless mouse. Affects All apps. 1...
  8. The Mouse Pointer (THE OLD ONE?)

The Mouse Pointer (THE OLD ONE?): Today i was just un-abling my Sticky keys THEN when i fixed it I got an old mouse pointer...Windows why have not you fixed this yet...The mouse pointer does not look good Someone better reply to this and help me why....It feels like im in Windows XP now... and my Suface 3...
  9. boot menu problems with mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Support
    boot menu problems with mouse pointer: I have a machine with three partitions of Win 10 Pro installed. When the menu comes up to choose which one, the mouse pointer is not displayed. If I move the mouse around I can eventually highlight a menu selection and boot into it. So the system is working, I just can't see...
  10. setting up Win 7/Win 10 dual-boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    setting up Win 7/Win 10 dual-boot: Hello everybody, So I'm really out of ideas when it comes to this, but let me try to explain the situation really quick and simple. I have a laptop, running Win 7 Pro x64 on a mSATA SSD 60GB drive (let's call it drive A). The other hard disk on my laptop is a 1TB...