Windows 10: Win 10 - MSCONFIG - Only pin visible - I know pin and password - Can not enter password.

Discus and support Win 10 - MSCONFIG - Only pin visible - I know pin and password - Can not enter password. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So... I did the stupid thing some of users in this forum did. I played with MSCONFIG and set it to start in safemode. My problem is that I can not... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DPZ_Online, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Win 10 - MSCONFIG - Only pin visible - I know pin and password - Can not enter password.

So... I did the stupid thing some of users in this forum did.

I played with MSCONFIG and set it to start in safemode.

My problem is that I can not in anyway get the password input-box to appear, only the PIN.
    And as it turns out PIN is not a valid method to lig in to safemode.

So ofourse I read alot and had shift pressed while restarting use safemode with networking not working, still only pin

And then I did it again into the elevated CMD and wrote

bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot
    which did not work and
    bcdedit /deletevalue {default} safeboot

which gave a "value deleted"

The situation now is that CTRl+ALT+DELETE still do not work,

and I can not still se a password-box,

and still PIN is not a valid method of entering my computer.

The big difference is that my windows now says

"do you want to search app store for an app"

when I try to login

So for me as an admin on my computer I just want to restart in normal mode

or be able to get the password input field to start in safemode.

Any solutions or suggestions?

:)

DPZ_Online, Apr 2, 2021
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups?

You may have missed a step. After the un-check, click apply, then the next screen will ask for the Pasword twice. Enter and OK. Then OK again. That should do it.

Win 10 - MSCONFIG - Only pin visible - I know pin and password - Can not enter password. [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Win 10 - MSCONFIG - Only pin visible - I know pin and password - Can not enter password.

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

Win 10 - MSCONFIG - Only pin visible - I know pin and password - Can not enter password.

1. Win 10 - MSCONFIG - Only pin visible - I know pin and password - Can not enter password. - Similar Threads - MSCONFIG pin visible

2. PIN and passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN and passwords: My desktop started this morning with a message that it needed to be fixed. I had to create a new PIN and password. Now, the desktop will not accept any password or PIN. I did not want to do this, but the dialog box kept coming up and I finally just decided to comply. Now I...
  3. Pin and password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin and password: I have had to recover my system but now being told I need a pin to sign in. I've never had a pin, the only option I am given is "enter password" I have done this but it is saying it is incorrect - I have not mis-spelt it, it is correct so now I can't use my laptop at all -...
  4. pin to password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    pin to password: I have been trying to change from pin to password but it won't let me. I don't see the option to turn to password either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-to-password/a4058779-7f4f-46bf-8a58-9b146ee66d03
  5. Windows only asking for pin on startup, cannot enter password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows only asking for pin on startup, cannot enter password: I did a Windows update and now the startup window is only asking me for a pin with no option to enter a password. I never set up a pin, so there is no way for me to login. Has this happened to anyone? Any suggestions? submitted by /u/dj_b [link] [comments]...
  6. Not knowing the Login password or Pin.

Not knowing the Login password or Pin.: I have a friend who works with his father-in-law FIL as an Heat A/C Technician. His FIL has contracted the COVID-19 virus and is on a respirator. My friend is trying to help him with his business finances etc.... and cannot access his FTL's work computer due to that he is on...
  7. PIN and password

PIN and password: How can i reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-and-password/3d4ecf68-6430-41d1-95de-7435cece51ee"
  8. Locked out of Windows 10. I only know my pin not the password.

Locked out of Windows 10. I only know my pin not the password.: Hi I am locked out of my computer. Normally I sign in using my pin number, but now it will only accept my password... which I cannot remember for the life of me. I don't want to try too many times obviously. I was trying to run a diagnostics test when it shut down. Please...
  9. password and pin

password and pin: How do I set up windows 10 so it starts with no password or pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/password-and-pin/944b8df0-e36e-48fc-b20c-3390b1a87922"
  10. Win 10 password....Win 10 pin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 password....Win 10 pin: I have been logging on for some months using my Win 10 pin to logon to my laptop. However a short time ago, on bootup, I was asked my password, and, guess what, I can't remember. I know my user/pin, and my logon has Administrator rights. My laptop was bought from Dell with...