Windows 10: Win 10 Multi Display Scaling Issues

Discus and support Win 10 Multi Display Scaling Issues in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello All, I have a Laptop Dell Latitude E7450 connected to my external monitor Dell P2314H via HDMI adaptor + VGA Cable, which is configured as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ricogabrielli, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Win 10 Multi Display Scaling Issues

Hello All,

I have a Laptop Dell Latitude E7450 connected to my external monitor Dell P2314H via HDMI adaptor + VGA Cable, which is configured as "extended display". Although my Laptop is 14'' and my external monitor is 23'' they have the same max resolution: 1920 x 1080.

When the Display Settings is setup as recommended (Primary Display in 150% and Extended Display in 100%), most of applications (Outlook, Powerpoint, etc) get blurry on the extended display (and it works fine on the primary display). When I changed the Primary Display to be my external Monitor, everything looked good in the external Monitor, and looked blurry in the laptop screen. That means there is a failure in the Scaling process for the extended monitor.

I have tried everything already recommended on other threads of this forum, but nothing worked for me. I've got all graphic cards firmware up to date. as well.

The only way for both displays to work at the same time is to set the Scaling at 100% for both of them. When I do that, I can use both screens with no issues. However everything gets too small in the Laptop screen.

I'm looking forward for your thoughts.

Thanks in advance, Rico

:)

ricogabrielli, Sep 13, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Magnification on only 1 screen when using duplicate display

Hi Jenn1234TX,

Yes Windows 10 does allow you to scale one monitor in a multi-monitor setup . . .

Go to Start - Settings - System - Display

Select the Monitor you want to scale by clicking it, then set a scaling factor for that monitor . . .

DaveM121, Sep 13, 2016
  3. coder0xff3, Sep 13, 2016
  4. Archie123 Win User

Win 10 Multi Display Scaling Issues

have you tried selecting GPU in scaling options in your gpu driver settings? I forget where it is but there is a drop down box to select monitor or gpu to handle the scaling (ive not had multi monitor for a while i cant remember where it is)

Archie123, Sep 17, 2016
  5. Thank You Archie123.

I've tried changing my gpu scaling as per your suggestion. I've tried all different options available (see image attached), and unfortunately it did not work.

It was working with Windows 7 before... it only started after the upgrade to Win 10 the issue with the extended monitor...

Thanks!

Win 10 Multi Display Scaling Issues [​IMG]

ricogabrielli, Sep 18, 2016
  6. Look what I've found on Microsoft Blog. They are fully aware of this bluriness in MS Office applications (and others).

I can't understand how Microsoft releases a new Windows version, which is not even compatible with their own products.

Display Scaling in Windows 10 | Ask the Core Team

Blurry bitmap-scaled content: Office apps

Although the UWP Office applications are fully per-monitor scaled in Windows 10, the classic desktop apps are “System scale factor apps”, as described in the table above. They generally look great on a high DPI device, but when used on secondary displays at different scale factors (including docking and projection), they may be somewhat blurry due to bitmap scaling. A number of popular desktop applications (Notepad++, Chrome, Firefox) have similar blurriness issues in these scenarios. We have ongoing work on improving migration tools for developers with these complex Win32 desktop applications.

ricogabrielli, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Multi Display Scaling Issues

1. Win 10 Multi Display Scaling Issues - Similar Threads - Multi Display Scaling

2. Custom Display Scaling for multi monitor setup?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Custom Display Scaling for multi monitor setup?: Just picked up an HP Omen 27i monitor - IPS - 2560x1440 - 165Hz) to use as my main monitor. I'm using my previous monitor (Asus VG248 - TN - 1920x1080 - 144Hz) as my second monitor. Is there any way to set the Custom scaling option in Windows for my HP Omen (first monitor)...
  3. Custom Display Scaling for multi monitor setup?

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom Display Scaling for multi monitor setup?: Just picked up an HP Omen 27i monitor - IPS - 2560x1440 - 165Hz) to use as my main monitor. I'm using my previous monitor (Asus VG248 - TN - 1920x1080 - 144Hz) as my second monitor. Is there any way to set the Custom scaling option in Windows for my HP Omen (first monitor)...
  4. Why win 10 display scaling is disabled

Why win 10 display scaling is disabled: I have win 10 Dell 7480 machine. Integrated graphic card Intel HD Graphics 620. The screen is a few years old CHIMEI-24EH HDMI, connected with HDMI cable. An updated Intel driver is installed and working properly. I am trying to adjust DPI scaling, but it disabled as can be...
  5. Why win 10 display scaling is disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Why win 10 display scaling is disabled: I have win 10 Dell 7480 machine. Integrated graphic card Intel HD Graphics 620. The screen is a few years old CHIMEI-24EH HDMI, connected with HDMI cable. An updated Intel driver is installed and working properly. I am trying to adjust DPI scaling, but it disabled as can be...
  6. Why win 10 display scaling is disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why win 10 display scaling is disabled: I have win 10 Dell 7480 machine. Integrated graphic card Intel HD Graphics 620. The screen is pretty old CHIMEI-24EH HDMI, and is connected with HDMI cable. An updated Intel driver is installed and working properly. I am trying to adjust DPI scaling, but it disabled as can...
  7. Windows 10 display scaling issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 display scaling issue: I have recently installed a full Ubuntu onto a USB flash drive. I also have Windows 10 installed on the internal SSD. Windows 10 and Ubuntu do not see and interfere with each other. But after installing Ubuntu onto the flash drive and doing my work there, I ejected the...
  8. THIS IS A MULTI ISSUE - WIN INSIDER ON NONINSIDER PLATFORM, DISPLAY DRIVER ISSUES, ETC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    THIS IS A MULTI ISSUE - WIN INSIDER ON NONINSIDER PLATFORM, DISPLAY DRIVER ISSUES, ETC: 1) I an not a Windows Insider (See attached images) 2) Windows Update is attempting to install Pre-Release, etc a) This option failed b) I had to roll back to "previous version of windows" 3) I do not even have "Insider" files. Now my "Display Driver" is constantly...
  9. Multi monitor DPI scaling issue

Multi monitor DPI scaling issue: Hi, I've got a 4K monitor and a 1920x1200 monitor hooked up but the current "solution" for separate DPI scaling seems flawed. If I set the 4K monitor as my main display and set it to 200% scaling with the 1920 display set to 100% what seems to happen is that windows...
  10. Display Scaling Issue on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Scaling Issue on Windows 10: So I upgraded from Windows 8.1 and had everything working perfectly, no blurry texts in any application. However, a lot of applications now have really blurry text, including some installed apps like Device Manager. The problem goes away if I reduce scaling to 100% but that...