Windows 10: Win 10: Multithreaded JVM program runs on only one core

Discus and support Win 10: Multithreaded JVM program runs on only one core in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a multithreaded JVM program (using the Java Executor Framework). When I run it on my Laptop (Win 10, i5-CPU), CPU-Load goes up to 100%,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NilsWe9, Mar 2, 2019.

1. NilsWe9 Win User

Win 10: Multithreaded JVM program runs on only one core

Hi,

I have a multithreaded JVM program (using the Java Executor Framework).

When I run it on my Laptop (Win 10, i5-CPU), CPU-Load goes up to 100%, as expected and desired.

When I run the same program on my PC (Win 10, Ryzen 5), CPU-Load goes only up to ~ 12%.

The ProcessorAffinity is set to all cores (4095).

Windows version is 1803 / 17134.590

How do I fix this? It seems like a problem with Windows scheduling?

:)

NilsWe9, Mar 2, 2019

2. Core Apps not Running

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to run the App Troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue persists:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.
    • Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Parked cores? Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I will certainly help you with it.

Many apps don't use all cores. They aren't programmed for it. Then they will use one core and will overload it.

But you can tell Windows to run that process on 2,3, ... and in all cores.

For doing it, follow these steps:

• Open Task Manager
    • Select tab Processes
    • Right click and select 'Set Affinity'
    • Select on which cores you want to run process.
    Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Win 10: Multithreaded JVM program runs on only one core

AMD 8-core ZEN Packs a Whallop with Multithreaded Performance

List the ones that perform better on multi thread vs faster single core please.

Audiophizile, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Win 10: Multithreaded JVM program runs on only one core

1. Win 10: Multithreaded JVM program runs on only one core - Similar Threads - Multithreaded JVM program

2. Only one core

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only one core: I had this pc for awhile nothing wrong with it until one day it starts to get laggy almost impossible to use I check the msconfig tab and see on the drop-down that it shows I only have one core I go task manager also shows I have one but I know it has 4 can anyone help me I...
  3. Only one core

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only one core: I had this pc for awhile nothing wrong with it until one day it starts to get laggy almost impossible to use I check the msconfig tab and see on the drop-down that it shows I only have one core I go task manager also shows I have one but I know it has 4 can anyone help me I...
  4. Only one core

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. no run only programs and only English -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no run only programs and only English -: no run only programs and only English -Hi What can Microsoft do to protect our data and have it so that only programs that are allowed to run are in English and that we can stop random programs and apps from running that are not installed ? 365 and azure have not been...
  6. no run only programs and only English -

no run only programs and only English -: no run only programs and only English -Hi What can Microsoft do to protect our data and have it so that only programs that are allowed to run are in English and that we can stop random programs and apps from running that are not installed ? 365 and azure have not been...
  7. only one core apears

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    only one core apears: so i have a 2 core 4 thread cpu but today i tried to use xtu to boost gaming performance and then i only saw 1 core active and i thought maybe they parked again but when i tried to unpark them with a program called unpark cpu i could only find 1 then i tried another program...
  8. unable to run programs in Win 10

unable to run programs in Win 10: I need to use an older ver. of AbacusLaw in Win10. I use AbacusLaw in my law practice. They went to this expensive SAS where what I prev. pd ~ 600.00 for 2-3 years, is now $450.00 a MONTH! I want out. However, this is going to take some time. In the meanwhile, I need...
  9. running incompatable programs on Win 10

running incompatable programs on Win 10: I am currently running Win7x64 pro on my desktop computers. I am toying with the idea of migrating to Win10. Problem is that I have several 'legacy' programs that I cannot & do not want to, abandon--WordPerfect X4 CorelDraw X4 and Ventura 10. they all work fine on Win7 ( a...
  10. Dual Core running at one core, No native resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Core running at one core, No native resolution: I upgraded to Win 10 in late July, but lately realized maybe Microsoft might not be providing the updates to solve my current issues. My computer is pretty old, and the hardware is the same as it came out of the box, other than attaching a spare hard drive. It is a Dell...