Windows 10: Win 10 music and picture libraries

Discus and support Win 10 music and picture libraries in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I get info to use the music and picture libraries in Win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HarveyGilman, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Win 10 music and picture libraries

How do I get info to use the music and picture libraries in Win 10

:)

HarveyGilman, Nov 16, 2018

2. Duplicate Music Library Sign Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Can you check if both the folders contain all the music that you need?

Where the original files are saved so that we can troubleshoot this issue further?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Method: Restore default Libraries

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

• Open Windows explorer
    • In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it
    • Click “restore default libraries” option
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

SuvarnaG1709, Nov 16, 2018
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Mohan B P Win User

Win 10 music and picture libraries

Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 music and picture libraries

1. Win 10 music and picture libraries - Similar Threads - music picture libraries

2. Windows 10 pictures library not organizing pictures into folders by date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 pictures library not organizing pictures into folders by date: HOw do we undo the latest windows update to fix problems with pictures library? Pictures uploaded from camera always went into pictures library in folders by date taken. Now they just all go in individually---no folders--disaster when you're looking for picturees by...
  3. Music Library

Music Library: Is there a way of printing my Music Library into Notepad/Word or other app please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music-library/99086a63-dd1a-452d-a824-3da624c85515"
  4. my music library

my music library: I just purchased Microsoft Personal 365 One Drive. I have 120gb music I have downloaded from discs into my computer which is managed by itunes. I want to have all this music available to me on my phone or on a remote laptop. Will OneDrive show and access my music library?...
  5. Can't access libraries My Pictures; My Music and My Videos

Can't access libraries My Pictures; My Music and My Videos: Today I went to open up a picture and realized I couldn't get into C:\users\xxxxxxx\documents\My Pictures Get a message: Location not available C;\Users\xxxxxx\Documents\My Pictures is not accessible. Access is denied if I right click on properties and click on the...
  6. Sonos Music library playback

Sonos Music library playback: When playing multiple albums by the same artist, Sonos plays them in alphabetical order. How do I retain the original order of the albums? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sonos-music-library-playback/f577839a-99e6-4343-91b8-e37f855c6a1f"
  7. Music Library Not Sharing

Music Library Not Sharing: So, I'm trying to access my music library / collection on my laptop from my Xbox 360 and Xbox One, but oddly enough, my music library won't let me share it. [img] When I try to do it through the homegroup settings, when I select the music library from "not shared" to...
  8. Pictures Have Disappeared From Pictures Library

in Windows 10 Support
    Pictures Have Disappeared From Pictures Library: Hi all. I was experiencing an issue with my windows desktop where an account was acting funny while logging in. (This is not the issue I'm asking for help with.) After looking at a few fixes I gave up on the issue and decided to create a new user account and simply...
  9. Add or Remove Music Library in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Music Library in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Music Library in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Music Library in Windows 10 [img] Information remove folders and drives to be included in a library as you like. Windows 10 has the Videos libraries by default. The C:\Users\<user name>\Music...
  10. Folder stuck on "Music Library"

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder stuck on "Music Library": I accidentally set my account folder "C:\Users\MYACC" to Music Library. I tried different methods to reset Libaries but couldn't get the folder from showing "Music" as its name on Windows Explorer. Is this a symbolic link? Junction? How do I take it off? When I go into...