Windows 10: Win 10 Nagware/Telemetry via Win 7 - Enterprise version immune?

Discus and support Win 10 Nagware/Telemetry via Win 7 - Enterprise version immune? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been reading reams of info on the recent moves by Microsoft to force/fool/trick users into moving to Windows 10 (the GWX debacle) and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SonicMojo, Nov 1, 2015.

1. SonicMojo Win User

Win 10 Nagware/Telemetry via Win 7 - Enterprise version immune?

I have been reading reams of info on the recent moves by Microsoft to force/fool/trick users into moving to Windows 10 (the GWX debacle) and the mysterious nature of many recent Windows updates - that in reality are merely setups (and data gathering) updates designed to compromise a clean tidy Windows 7 Home or Pro install.

I have tried to keep up on the latest info to combat the issue (Hiding Windows updates, killing telemetry tracking, removing GWX stuff etc) but it seems like a losing battle as it seems every month MS ramps up more crap by changing optional updates to Recommended and finding new way to force a Win 10 setup into our lives.

One idea that I am kicking around is testing my MSDN clout and trying Win 7 Enterprise on my desktop. Is this version of Windows immune to all the above crap and can I run my machine the way I want it so I am not running rampant each month trying to kill off processes and updates I do not want.

And don't get me wrong - I have Win 10 on one machine for now and the verdict is still out whether to keep it or not - but I do not want anything to do with Win 10 on our other 4 machines at this time.

Thoughts?

Sonic.

:)

SonicMojo, Nov 1, 2015

2. Windows Enterprise edition - Upgrade advisor windows 10

Where can I find an Windows 10 upgrade advisor for Win 7
    Enterprise?

KB3035583 is referred to as being the upgrade advisor but this is just for regular Win 7/8 versions, not for enterprise.

Kind regards

Adrian_866, Nov 1, 2015
  3. ((LOL)) Win User
    uninstall

hey Costa what about the others?

KB3035583 – pitches the free Windows 10 upgrade

KB2952664 – is the Windows 7 nagware patch that touts the Windows 10 upgrade.

KB2990214 – update that supports you to upgrade to a later version of Windows Win7

KB2977759 – prepares system for upgrade to Windows 10, installs telemetry

KB3021917 – prepares system for upgrade to Windows 10 in Windows 7 Service Pack 1

KB3022345 – installs diagnostic/usage tracking service,

KB3068708 – installs telemetry service, prepares system for upgrade to Windows 10

KB3015249 – Telemetry, reports UAC prompt choices when making changes to the system

KB3075249 – Telemetry, reports UAC prompts to Microsoft

KB3080149 – Update for customer experience and diagnostic telemetry, CEIP

((LOL)), Nov 1, 2015
Thema:

Win 10 Nagware/Telemetry via Win 7 - Enterprise version immune?

1. Win 10 Nagware/Telemetry via Win 7 - Enterprise version immune? - Similar Threads - Nagware Telemetry via

2. Win 10 via Win11 via Win 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 via Win11 via Win 365: How do I do this --"Eager to convince customers to commit to the endless rent-economy of the cloud, Microsoft says those with Windows 10 PCs can use Windows 11 via Windows 365 – Redmond's cloud-based service that streams Windows 11 to connected devices." Is there a charge for...
  3. Win 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Enterprise: I have more than 15 new system brand new Fresh installation ,and almost all system freeze/hang up keyboard mouse even not working i couldn't find out any reason related to hardware/software.I found this logs in event logger, Is it related to that or what is the reason of...
  4. win 10 Enterprise version 1908

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 Enterprise version 1908: I am using win 10 Enterprise version 1908 OS build 17763.2061 in brand new 25 pc fresh installation ,and almost 10 system freeze/hang up keyboard mouse even not working i couldn't find out any reason related to hardware/software. motherboard: MS-7A40Processor: AMd Ryzen 3...
  5. Win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 7 to win 10: Can i transfer old computer win 7 to new win 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-to-win-10/ea48f987-32d1-4b38-9a63-726bfffde42b"
  6. FreeCell - Get Win 7 version for Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FreeCell - Get Win 7 version for Win 10: After using many versions of Windows for decades, I just ended 7 years with Windows 7. I now have Windows 10 on my PCs. I am an uber-compulsive FreeCell player, but the Win10 version sucks. It takes 5 clicks to get into it (I refuse to register or upgrade). The graphics are...
  7. Win 10 Telemetry Article

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 Telemetry Article: Another article on telemetry. Interested to read the opinion of the more experienced forum members and the opinion of the three tools mentioned. (Spybot Antibeacon, O&O Shutup, Wireshark) Credible idea or too much tin foil ? If you ask me whether I'm worried about...
  8. Upgrade Win 7 Enterprise N x86 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade Win 7 Enterprise N x86 to Win 10: Hello. I have genuine Win 7 Enterprise N x86 on my laptop. And I want to upgrade it to Win 10. Which Win 10 version ISO should I download to get locally updated by mounting the ISO and double click the setup.exe within the mounted ISO? I already upgraded my Win 7...
  9. Win 7 Pro upgrade to Win 10 via 8.1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 Pro upgrade to Win 10 via 8.1: I have a new ASUS laptop, bought with Win 7 pro pre-installed (although shipped from Asus with Win 8.1). It is not receiving the Win 10 "upgrade" and I am advised to use the recovery disks supplied with the laptop, to re-instal Win 8.1. and then go for Win 10 Is...
  10. Can U upgrade win 7 enterprise to win 10 equivalent

in Windows 10 Support
    Can U upgrade win 7 enterprise to win 10 equivalent: Hi , I picked up a cheap second hand laptop with win7 enterprise from a carboot sale and have 2 issues .( Its all working fine albeit a bit slow ) I want to give this to my grandkids for homework etc . 1 : Am I able to upgrade to win 10 from 7 enterprise as I did with...