Win 10, network card won't start

Discus and support Win 10, network card won't start in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hi all, well I took the plunge and updated my spare pc fro 7 pro x64 to win 10. Liked it immediately as I felt quite at home unlike win 8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iceferret, Jul 31, 2015.

1. iceferret Win User

Hi all, well I took the plunge and updated my spare pc fro 7 pro x64 to win 10.
    Liked it immediately as I felt quite at home unlike win 8 etc....however try as I might I could not get my mobo's NIc working, reinstall driver, enable disable etc so I've rolled back to the old OS.
    Anyone else experienced anything like this or got any suggestions?

:)

iceferret, Jul 31, 2015
  2. SHFwindows10 Win User

Unable to connect to internet after upgrading to Windows 10

Thank you. All this above will take some time to perform and then still may not work. --The Dell XPS 8300 will run win 10 fine but the network cards were not made for win 10. I bought a new network card supposedly compatible to win 10 but it would not
    work.

SHFwindows10, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Overcoming the Odds Win User
    It restarted again becore I created a new boot disk.

I will try this one after I get a new network card. The salesperson told me Win 10 does that to a lot of network cards. Why is that?

Overcoming the Odds, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Hydranix Win User

After 2 days of smooth sailing, my Surface Pro 3's wireless network adaptor has started to become more and more flakey.

Usually it works fine. Sometimes it ceases to transmit or receive anything until I uninstall it via device manager, and let it be installed again.

Nothing at all about it in event logs. Drivers are fine, OS is fine. No third party software of any kind effecting network stack (as far as I can tell).

Microsoft's future literally hangs on Windows 10's reception.

If Windows 10's reception hangs on flakey network connectivity... well.. it sells itself.

Hydranix, Jul 31, 2015
  5. iceferret Win User
    I'm installing 10 on the laptop to see what happens with the wireless adapter on there. Fingers crossed.
    The rollback worked flawlessly so no worries about reversing everything plus it's all imaged beforehand.

If it's a bug how did it get past testing I wonder?

iceferret, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Hydranix Win User
    I went ahead and did away with any option to rollback. The added 23GB of free space was too tempting.

So far the networking has been doing a bit better today. Though my Ralink acted real strange when I plugged it in.

Hydranix, Jul 31, 2015
  7. iceferret Win User
    Laptop updated perfectly, no network probs at all despite both machines running the same OS, typing this on it now. I think I'll nip over to Scan next week and get a new card. At @6 quid it's hardly going to break the bank....

iceferret, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win 10, network card won't start - Similar Threads - Win network card

1. Cannot connect from a Networked Win 7 PC to a Win 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot connect from a Networked Win 7 PC to a Win 10 Laptop: I am assuming that this is a Win 10 problem. I have 2 networked Laptops, one is a Win 10, one a Win 7, and a networked Win 7 PC. I am unable to connect from Win 7 Desktop to a Windows 10 Laptop but I can go the other way. Status: Win 7 Laptop to Win 10 Laptop is OK....
  2. SOLVED: Can't write to networked Win 10 PC

in Windows 10 Support
    SOLVED: Can't write to networked Win 10 PC: EDIT: I rebooted the Win 10 PC and now the permission stick. I do not remember ever seeing that was needed. I am on a Win 7 64 bit PC, wirelessly networked to a Win 10 Laptop PC. I can see the other PC (at last) and can take data from it to my machine. But I can't send...
  3. Win 10 Network sharing failure

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Network sharing failure: Hi For some reason this has stopped working as expected (I think) after creator's update on PC had to be applied manually as automated update kept failing. I am trying to share specific folders between laptop and pc which was working fine before and I was able to see...
  4. [FRESH install] win 10 64bit network problems

in Windows 10 Support
    [FRESH install] win 10 64bit network problems: Hi, I have freshly installed win 10 on one notebook The USB was created just few hours ago, i successfully installed win 10 to NEW hard drive. - key works, from uefi So the problems: When i open chrome it shows error ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED - almost every 5 minutes When i...
  5. Win 10 Explorer not showing Network drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Explorer not showing Network drives: Win Explorer shows my network as < empty > on one of my PC's A little background info. I have 2 PC's and 2 laptops connected on my home network, all running Win 10 and up until a few weeks ago, everything worked fine. Have not added any new software or changed any settings...
  6. Win 10 'LAN Keep getting Enter Network Creds' but won't accept pwd

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 'LAN Keep getting Enter Network Creds' but won't accept pwd: Hi, I have 8 computers on a private LAN and while some of them can react with one another, others can't. The ones that can't, are a mix of 1703 and 1709 16299.19 but up to recently, were always available to each without these Network Credentials panels. It says the user...
  7. Win 10 Suddenly asking for Network Credentials

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Suddenly asking for Network Credentials: Hello everyone, I'm new to the group. I have an interesting network problem. I'll try to be brief. I have four computers running Windows 10, 7 and XP Pro networked that use a common workgroup. Everything was working fine for months until just recently the computer running...
Win 10, network card won't start solved