Windows 10: Win 10, network card won't start

Discus and support Win 10, network card won't start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, well I took the plunge and updated my spare pc fro 7 pro x64 to win 10. Liked it immediately as I felt quite at home unlike win 8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iceferret, Jul 31, 2015.

1. iceferret Win User

Win 10, network card won't start

Hi all, well I took the plunge and updated my spare pc fro 7 pro x64 to win 10.
    Liked it immediately as I felt quite at home unlike win 8 etc....however try as I might I could not get my mobo's NIc working, reinstall driver, enable disable etc so I've rolled back to the old OS.
    Anyone else experienced anything like this or got any suggestions?

:)

iceferret, Jul 31, 2015

2. Unable to connect to internet after upgrading to Windows 10

Thank you. All this above will take some time to perform and then still may not work. --The Dell XPS 8300 will run win 10 fine but the network cards were not made for win 10. I bought a new network card supposedly compatible to win 10 but it would not
    work.

SHFwindows10, Jul 31, 2015
  3. It restarted again becore I created a new boot disk.

I will try this one after I get a new network card. The salesperson told me Win 10 does that to a lot of network cards. Why is that?

Overcoming the Odds, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Hydranix Win User

After 2 days of smooth sailing, my Surface Pro 3's wireless network adaptor has started to become more and more flakey.

Usually it works fine. Sometimes it ceases to transmit or receive anything until I uninstall it via device manager, and let it be installed again.

Nothing at all about it in event logs. Drivers are fine, OS is fine. No third party software of any kind effecting network stack (as far as I can tell).

Microsoft's future literally hangs on Windows 10's reception.

If Windows 10's reception hangs on flakey network connectivity... well.. it sells itself.

Hydranix, Jul 31, 2015
  5. iceferret Win User
    I'm installing 10 on the laptop to see what happens with the wireless adapter on there. Fingers crossed.
    The rollback worked flawlessly so no worries about reversing everything plus it's all imaged beforehand.

If it's a bug how did it get past testing I wonder?

iceferret, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Hydranix Win User
    I went ahead and did away with any option to rollback. The added 23GB of free space was too tempting.

So far the networking has been doing a bit better today. Though my Ralink acted real strange when I plugged it in.

Hydranix, Jul 31, 2015
  7. iceferret Win User
    Laptop updated perfectly, no network probs at all despite both machines running the same OS, typing this on it now. I think I'll nip over to Scan next week and get a new card. At @6 quid it's hardly going to break the bank....

iceferret, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10, network card won't start - Similar Threads - network card won't

2. Win 10 v2004 won't start Outlook or Chrome on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 v2004 won't start Outlook or Chrome on startup: In the previous version, my Outlook 365 and Google Chrome would startup whenever I rebooted. Since I installed v2004, neither app will automatically startup. I checked Settings > Apps > Startup, and Outlook is not listed but Google is listed and the switch is ON. I also...
  3. New Network card won't let pc Start.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Network card won't let pc Start.: Hello, I bought a new network card "Startech - 1 port PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet network card - Intel chip", and recieved it today i plugged into the mother board and i try to turn on the pc the lights and fans spin for 1 sec and stop and the pc won't start. If i removed...
  4. win 10 Networking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win 10 Networking: I have small local network with 6 win10 pro PC"s current build These PC"run Microsoft 365., and are AzureAD joined, There are some open shared folders and some folders permission restricted to designated users They have been running happily until today on win 7 server....
  5. Windows 10 Pro won't start with PCIe card installed

Windows 10 Pro won't start with PCIe card installed: Split from this thread. I have an HP model # XL510AV with I/O - 1 low-profile PCI - device driver not found and can not locate 1 low-profile PCIe x1 2 low-profile PCIe x16 - when a third party video board is installed - system will not boot with screen on the VGA built in...
  6. network card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    network card: I replaced the network card in my HP g6 the other day it works but the WIFI light turns blue when off and no light when on the connecters are in the right order 1&2 but I did fit a new keyboard maybe that's the reason or HP labelled the wires wrong because were the black...
  7. Network card not showing

Network card not showing: Dell XPS 8700. Win 10 Home. My Dell came with a Realtek 8111E Network Card which was working fine. After a thunderstorm, I returned home and my Uverse Modem/Router was damaged and had to be replaced. Unfortunately, the ethernet on the computer is non functional and I'm...
  8. Win 10 won't start 0x000021a

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 won't start 0x000021a: Morning Folks First time looking for help here but I didn't find anything when searching. My PC was upgraded to Windows 10 shortly after launch and has been working flawlessly, until today. I rebooted my machine after loosing internet connection, it did ask if I...
  9. Network card failure

Network card failure: Hi I'm sure there must be a few who have experienced this. I've done an upgrade and removed all Cisco VPN software / Kaspersky. I upgraded the intel NIC 82577 to the latest driver before upgrading but I still get the error the message in device manager that the NIC is...
  10. Networking Win 10 with Win 7

Networking Win 10 with Win 7: I have a desktop PC and two laptops all running Win 7 and networked through my router. I'd like to upgrade one of the laptops to Win 10 as a trial starter for probable upgrade on all but do not wish to lose the network connection in the meantime. Is that going to be a problem...