Windows 10: Win 10, network card won't start

Discus and support Win 10, network card won't start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, well I took the plunge and updated my spare pc fro 7 pro x64 to win 10. Liked it immediately as I felt quite at home unlike win 8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iceferret, Jul 31, 2015.

1. iceferret Win User

Win 10, network card won't start

Hi all, well I took the plunge and updated my spare pc fro 7 pro x64 to win 10.
    Liked it immediately as I felt quite at home unlike win 8 etc....however try as I might I could not get my mobo's NIc working, reinstall driver, enable disable etc so I've rolled back to the old OS.
    Anyone else experienced anything like this or got any suggestions?

:)

iceferret, Jul 31, 2015

2. Unable to connect to internet after upgrading to Windows 10

Thank you. All this above will take some time to perform and then still may not work. --The Dell XPS 8300 will run win 10 fine but the network cards were not made for win 10. I bought a new network card supposedly compatible to win 10 but it would not
    work.

SHFwindows10, Jul 31, 2015
  3. It restarted again becore I created a new boot disk.

I will try this one after I get a new network card. The salesperson told me Win 10 does that to a lot of network cards. Why is that?

Overcoming the Odds, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Hydranix Win User

After 2 days of smooth sailing, my Surface Pro 3's wireless network adaptor has started to become more and more flakey.

Usually it works fine. Sometimes it ceases to transmit or receive anything until I uninstall it via device manager, and let it be installed again.

Nothing at all about it in event logs. Drivers are fine, OS is fine. No third party software of any kind effecting network stack (as far as I can tell).

Microsoft's future literally hangs on Windows 10's reception.

If Windows 10's reception hangs on flakey network connectivity... well.. it sells itself.

Hydranix, Jul 31, 2015
  5. iceferret Win User
    I'm installing 10 on the laptop to see what happens with the wireless adapter on there. Fingers crossed.
    The rollback worked flawlessly so no worries about reversing everything plus it's all imaged beforehand.

If it's a bug how did it get past testing I wonder?

iceferret, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Hydranix Win User
    I went ahead and did away with any option to rollback. The added 23GB of free space was too tempting.

So far the networking has been doing a bit better today. Though my Ralink acted real strange when I plugged it in.

Hydranix, Jul 31, 2015
  7. iceferret Win User
    Laptop updated perfectly, no network probs at all despite both machines running the same OS, typing this on it now. I think I'll nip over to Scan next week and get a new card. At @6 quid it's hardly going to break the bank....

iceferret, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10, network card won't start - Similar Threads - network card won't

2. Sundisk card won't open..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sundisk card won't open..: I have a Sundisk Ultra Plus camera card and I have used it before in the Dell computer. Now, for whatever reason, it is say that the name is the same on the card and It can not connect. The card is good and I have used it before. This is sooo frustrating. I need to see these...
  3. Win 10 won't start 0x000021a

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 won't start 0x000021a: Morning Folks First time looking for help here but I didn't find anything when searching. My PC was upgraded to Windows 10 shortly after launch and has been working flawlessly, until today. I rebooted my machine after loosing internet connection, it did ask if I...
  4. Network adapter card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapter card: I have a Asus Maximus V Gene mob that has a Intel Gigabit Lan integrated on the mob model Intel 82576V. I have been having sleep wake up problems with Windows 10 and suspect that the 82576v may be the culprit (takes 30 seconds before icons become active when waking up from...
  5. Network card failure

Network card failure: Hi I'm sure there must be a few who have experienced this. I've done an upgrade and removed all Cisco VPN software / Kaspersky. I upgraded the intel NIC 82577 to the latest driver before upgrading but I still get the error the message in device manager that the NIC is...
  6. Networking Win 10 with Win 7

Networking Win 10 with Win 7: I have a desktop PC and two laptops all running Win 7 and networked through my router. I'd like to upgrade one of the laptops to Win 10 as a trial starter for probable upgrade on all but do not wish to lose the network connection in the meantime. Is that going to be a problem...
  7. Network card issues

Network card issues: Hi, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction, as this issue is driving me nuts. When I turn my PC on from not being used for a few hours, it shows that there is no network card and when I go into network connections, the onboard (inbuilt into my...
  8. starting win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    starting win 10: Hi first post so be gentle. I have just upgraded to win 10 from win 7 home prem. Using a sony vaio laptop I now have to press Ctrl when the windows icon appears and ctrl alt del to progress the program to run further. this is not a logon issue just a start up issue any...
  9. Windows 10 won't start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't start: Hi I'm hoping that someone may be able to advise me how to proceed from where I find myself. A few days ago I felt I had little choice but to go right back and recover from a backup made when I first installed Win7 on a machine I built myself in February last year. I also...
  10. Win key/desktop win icon won't open start screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Win key/desktop win icon won't open start screen: HP Spectre 360 2 in 1, win 10 pro 64 bit with 8Gb memory. Trying to go to the start screen from desktop when I click the lower left win icon or tap the win key nothing happens. I believe it started happening after fall creators update. Strange part is: it is intermittent; I...