Windows 10: Win 10 Networking Issue

Discus and support Win 10 Networking Issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two Windows 10 computers: a laptop, and a desktop that is kind of a household server. The server has an external drive with some folders that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimspy, Nov 19, 2020.

1. jimspy Win User

Win 10 Networking Issue

I have two Windows 10 computers: a laptop, and a desktop that is kind of a household server. The server has an external drive with some folders that are shared publicly - Music, Photos, Videos, etc. Most of them are discoverable on other devices. On the laptop, they are assigned faux drive letters, like M:, P:, V: etc. I am trying to create new faux drives on the laptop, mapped to additional shared folders on the server. And herein lies the problem:

When I attempt to browse the network from the laptop to find the shared folder on the server, I am told:

Win 10 Networking Issue 792a91c4-fabe-4ee5-b846-fa6ee921bde3?upload=true.png

So I can't even see the server, let alone the shared folders thereon.

What might cause this?

:)

jimspy, Nov 19, 2020
  2. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Nov 19, 2020
  4. adoornik Win User

Win 10 Networking Issue

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

Thank you. Troubleshooter did not work. I ran all the listed commands in order and that also did not work.

None of the Windows 10 computers on my home network are on the network list of the Win 7 computer but the Lan connected windows 10 computer does show up on the Windows 7 computer network map.

Any other fixes suggestions would be appreciated?

adoornik, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 Networking Issue

1. Win 10 Networking Issue - Similar Threads - Networking Issue

2. Hi - another network sharing issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi - another network sharing issue.: Hi - another frustrating network sharing issue. Until recently my wife has been able to access her files on my PC via her laptop over WiFi, no major issues. All devices were powered off recently while we were away from home, come back and suddenly the shared folders which...
  3. Hi - another network sharing issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi - another network sharing issue.: Hi - another frustrating network sharing issue. Until recently my wife has been able to access her files on my PC via her laptop over WiFi, no major issues. All devices were powered off recently while we were away from home, come back and suddenly the shared folders which...
  4. Network Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Connection Issues: This is the first time I've ever come across this issue:I cannot connect to any of my wifi networks on my laptop. The "available" networks aren't even found in my area, they don't show up on my PC, phone, tablet, or my husband's devices. It's only on my gaming laptop which...
  5. How the SMB network connection issues to be fixed in S2D 2 node cluster, Mellanox adapter...

How the SMB network connection issues to be fixed in S2D 2 node cluster, Mellanox adapter...: configured IP for 2 nic ports on each node and executed the cluster validation report was successful , Installed DCB and changed few DCB related settings for RDMA RocE v2 post configuring the cluster and enabling the S2D in 2 node, facing issue with SMB connections please...
  6. Can't connect to this network issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to this network issue: It was a regular day i saw my network got disconnected I tried connecting but it just keep saying can't connect to this network while I can connect to the same network with every other device. Even i tried connecting different networks with it and it connected but it just...
  7. Can't connect to this network issue

Can't connect to this network issue: It was a regular day i saw my network got disconnected I tried connecting but it just keep saying can't connect to this network while I can connect to the same network with every other device. Even i tried connecting different networks with it and it connected but it just...
  8. Can't connect to this network issue

9. BSOD with IDevent 1001 - Windows 11 on new built PC - Network issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with IDevent 1001 - Windows 11 on new built PC - Network issues: Hi everyone,i just assembled my new PC. I've installed Windows 11 pro, but I'm having sudden BSOD crashes after half an hour ca. of activity.The errror i get is:0x0000007a 0x0000000000000001, 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xffffa5860840a0c0, 0xfffff93ffac1b000Only other issue i have is...
  10. BSOD with IDevent 1001 - Windows 11 on new built PC - Network issues

BSOD with IDevent 1001 - Windows 11 on new built PC - Network issues: Hi everyone,i just assembled my new PC. I've installed Windows 11 pro, but I'm having sudden BSOD crashes after half an hour ca. of activity.The errror i get is:0x0000007a 0x0000000000000001, 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xffffa5860840a0c0, 0xfffff93ffac1b000Only other issue i have is...