Windows 10: Win 10 Networking Issues

Discus and support Win 10 Networking Issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Everyone :) I've been tearing my hair out for the last week or so trying to get my network back up and running as it should be and always had been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paws n Hooves, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Win 10 Networking Issues

Hi Everyone Win 10 Networking Issues :)

I've been tearing my hair out for the last week or so trying to get my network back up and running as it should be and always had been before.

Everything seemed to be running fine with the "old" network but adding a new HP All in One a week ago seemed to upset the apple cart and caused me to grow heaps of extra gray hairs.

When the new PC (Win 10 Home - V 1803) was connected in to the (Wi Fi) network, it seemed to cause all sorts of issues and I've possibly made it worse with various tips and tricks that I've tried to use.

Basically, I added the new PC to the network, shared the HDD and SSD to the network and hoped that all would be good but since doing that, there's been all sorts of problems with me randomly not being able to access shared drives across the network, PC Names disappearing from sight in File Explorer and other strange quirks.

To set up the shares, I selected the appropriate drives, clicked on "Give access to" and followed the steps to share with "Everyone".

At the moment, there are 4 PC's plus a NAS connected and I'll try my best to explain below what is currently happening:

LENOVO: In file Explorer, when I click on "Network" it shows the following computer names ASUS, HP, LENOVO, TOSHIBA
    When I select ASUS, HP or TOSHIBA, I get the Network Credentials Login Screen but it won't let me in at all and a window also opens saying that "HP is not accessible, you may not have permission to use this network resource check with administrator" etc

The bottom line of this message also says "A device attached to the system is not functioning"

HP: In File Explorer, ASUS, HP and LENOVO all appear and I am able to access LENOVO without a problem but ASUS gives the same log in and error screens,

TOSHIBA: HP an LENOVO are listed as well as NAS with NAS being the only accessible drive.

ASUS: HP, LENOVO and TOSHIBA all show up but none of the shares can be accessed.

I have tried removing all shares, removing the Wi Fi network profile, setting up a new MS Account, resetting the network and tried to start from scratch I have also ensured that they all have the same Workroup name but alas, Windows is still not wanting to co-operate.

I'm desperately hoping that someone may be able to throw some light on it for me and if possible, let me know:

Is there any way that I can manually add the PC's that don't show up using their IP addresses or computer names ?

I also need to know how I can get around the Login screens not accepting the passwords that I'm using or alternatively, how I can find out what passwords I should be using ?

Any other words of wisdom or advice that you may be able to offer.

Thanks for taking your time to read this and I'm looking forward to hearing back Win 10 Networking Issues :)

Cheers

Paul

:)

Paws n Hooves, Feb 7, 2019
  2. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Feb 7, 2019
  4. adoornik Win User

Win 10 Networking Issues

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

Thank you. Troubleshooter did not work. I ran all the listed commands in order and that also did not work.

None of the Windows 10 computers on my home network are on the network list of the Win 7 computer but the Lan connected windows 10 computer does show up on the Windows 7 computer network map.

Any other fixes suggestions would be appreciated?

adoornik, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Networking Issues

1. Win 10 Networking Issues - Similar Threads - Networking Issues

2. NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.: Hello all,My Laptop couldn't detect ethernet connection, when i checked with device manager, there's an error CODE 56. It hasn't resolved even after updating the drivers and downloaded and installled the driver from the manufacturer site but still issue hasn't resolved.Any...
  3. NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.: Hello all,My Laptop couldn't detect ethernet connection, when i checked with device manager, there's an error CODE 56. It hasn't resolved even after updating the drivers and downloaded and installled the driver from the manufacturer site but still issue hasn't resolved.Any...
  4. NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.

5. NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Hi - another network sharing issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi - another network sharing issue.: Hi - another frustrating network sharing issue. Until recently my wife has been able to access her files on my PC via her laptop over WiFi, no major issues. All devices were powered off recently while we were away from home, come back and suddenly the shared folders which...
  9. Hi - another network sharing issue.

Hi - another network sharing issue.: Hi - another frustrating network sharing issue. Until recently my wife has been able to access her files on my PC via her laptop over WiFi, no major issues. All devices were powered off recently while we were away from home, come back and suddenly the shared folders which...
  10. Network Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Connection Issues: This is the first time I've ever come across this issue:I cannot connect to any of my wifi networks on my laptop. The "available" networks aren't even found in my area, they don't show up on my PC, phone, tablet, or my husband's devices. It's only on my gaming laptop which...