Windows 10: win 10 Networking

Discus and support win 10 Networking in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have small local network with 6 win10 pro PC"s current build These PC"run Microsoft 365., and are AzureAD joined, There are some open shared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Godzilla98, Apr 13, 2020.

1. win 10 Networking

I have small local network with 6 win10 pro PC"s current build

These PC"run Microsoft 365., and are AzureAD joined,

There are some open shared folders and some folders permission restricted to designated users

They have been running happily until today on win 7 server.

I installed a new server machine Win10 Pro and using computer management module, set up the shares and users in the ?normal manner

Each of the PC's connected can see the 'everyone' shared files with full access OK

However when I restrict the folder to a specific user using user specific permission - all access is denied.

I also tried the folder share option from the folder options - no change.

Network sharing is on.

Would appreciate any assistance with this very frustrating issue.

:)

Godzilla98, Apr 13, 2020
  2. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Apr 13, 2020
  3. adoornik Win User
    Win 7 and Win 10 on network

Thank you. Troubleshooter did not work. I ran all the listed commands in order and that also did not work.

None of the Windows 10 computers on my home network are on the network list of the Win 7 computer but the Lan connected windows 10 computer does show up on the Windows 7 computer network map.

Any other fixes suggestions would be appreciated?

adoornik, Apr 13, 2020
  4. DaleNoel Win User

win 10 Networking

Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

win 10 Networking

1. win 10 Networking - Similar Threads - Networking

2. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...: I have a private network for my business to share files throughout our different computers. Yesterday, it worked just fine as it has for months. However, today we cannot access files on the network from any computer. On my administrator login, when I try to open a network...
  3. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...: I have a private network for my business to share files throughout our different computers. Yesterday, it worked just fine as it has for months. However, today we cannot access files on the network from any computer. On my administrator login, when I try to open a network...
  4. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to keep Network Setup Service in Automatic mode in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to keep Network Setup Service in Automatic mode in Windows 11.: It keeps on reverting to Manual and reduces Wi-Fi connectivity drastically. When I manually reset it to Auto it fixes it. Without rebooting the pc, it reverts to manual, how to I fix this please?...
  6. How to keep Network Setup Service in Automatic mode in Windows 11.

How to keep Network Setup Service in Automatic mode in Windows 11.: It keeps on reverting to Manual and reduces Wi-Fi connectivity drastically. When I manually reset it to Auto it fixes it. Without rebooting the pc, it reverts to manual, how to I fix this please?...
  7. My company use cannon ir 2525 in network printer in working other users but one user send...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My company use cannon ir 2525 in network printer in working other users but one user send...: My company use cannon ir 2525 in network printer in working other users but one user send print command not print issue so please provide me solution Regards,Hareshwar Naik...
  8. My company use cannon ir 2525 in network printer in working other users but one user send...

My company use cannon ir 2525 in network printer in working other users but one user send...: My company use cannon ir 2525 in network printer in working other users but one user send print command not print issue so please provide me solution Regards,Hareshwar Naik...
  9. My company use cannon ir 2525 in network printer in working other users but one user send...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. How is possible both public and private networks are simultaneously showing being active?

How is possible both public and private networks are simultaneously showing being active?: Newest windows was download via update two days ago, now this is happening. And yes, I checked and my "public" choice is still my chosen selected network. My VPN is listed with the active private network, and the usual network 2 is listed for the public network I prefer...