Windows 10: Win 10 new download pin causes total lockout even MS techs cannot break

Discus and support Win 10 new download pin causes total lockout even MS techs cannot break in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; . I have now bezen without use of my laptop for 2 weeks, remote MS tech had resplved other issues and I did have the problem v2004 so remote tech... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by StephanieHunt-Crowley, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Win 10 new download pin causes total lockout even MS techs cannot break

. I have now bezen without use of my laptop for 2 weeks, remote MS tech had resplved other issues and I did have the problem v2004 so remote tech intitiated download of latest version, completed successfully, but after restart was aked for the pin which I had written down before I had typed it in and it did not work, carefully typed it in agaon and it did not work and I was lo ked out. This was April 1st. Subsequent calls with techsupport, recovery was initiated. I heard no more so called again yesterday and a tech initiated a reset of my laptop by guiding me over the phone, in the meantime I have been using this tablet as I have no other computer and work remotely from a rural location. It di not work. Ireplied to tech'S email advizing him and he replied trhat we will have to do a custom instal and I will need another computerd at the same location and an 8GB USB stick to save my data and eeinstall windows 10, There must be somebody at MS HQ that has the power to unlock this thing, I am connected to the internet just cannot grt past the lockout

All and any help will be appreciated.

:)

StephanieHunt-Crowley, Apr 13, 2021

2. Total lockout with win 10 download

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to perform a Startup repair by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Go to the Microsoft software download website and create Windows 10
      installation media.
    • Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot>Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.

After the repair is complete, check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 13, 2021
  3. rbrb2 Win User
    Total lockout with win 10 download

Did win 10 download came home from meeting expected to have new os. But no had black screen totally locked. Eventually pulled battery from laptop to get it to do anything. Went to blue screen recovery message same as others in Post here. Can get to Phoenix
    secure score tiano screen and thats it. Can't totally shutdown but tried the 3 reboot restart method mentioned but comes back to bluescreen which refreshes constantly. Have. No. Install media available for os 7 or 10. Can ido anything via phoenix securecore
    tiano setup screen? I'm not handy with tech relairs but willing to try with assistance

rbrb2, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Win 10 new download pin causes total lockout even MS techs cannot break

. pAID ms TECH SERVICE FOR WIN 10

Is it just my failure to communicate properly or do many users find that the paid MS tech service often get hung up on misinformation or the wrong thing.?

I had told the initial tech that my administrator command prompt scan showed a problem in the win 10 system files that it could not fix.

Additional problems also existed with my print commands and an old program that is running without flaw on two other computers.

( I have 3 64 bit quad core computers with the exact same programs) and were all working flawlessly

As a result of MS not addressing the win 10 system problem and fixating on the problem resisding in a program that has always worked I spent over 8 hrs with MS tech support . Some of this time was because of being on hold, and the line hanging up,and
    going dead ( dial tone) Ssome was due to my retesting the admen system scan only to find win 10 sys still had a problem and delays in calling MS back again., and again to fix the win 10 sys ADMINISTRATOR COMMAND PROMPT SCAN PRROBLEM that may or may not
    have been the problem cause(s) in other intermittent problems in other areas on only the one computer .

8 hours is a very very very long time to be on the phone. with MS Is this common.

I realize the techs kept asking me to describe the other problems but they fixated on the other problems and one particular program instead of first fixing the win 10 system problems ( reloading win 10 ) that I showed them I had run and what it said . (win
    10 sys problems existed that it could not fix )

Eventually, after 8 hrs plus download time of an hour or so, Wwin 10 got installed and I am still installing the up dates. ( I hope) My question is why is this extent such a common problem everytime I call in for help? It seems to always turn into
    an ordeal and I have to call in multiple times to get a resolution and the process takes 6 to 8 hrs or more? is this common?

iT SEEMS THAT THERE ARE DIFFERENT LEVELS OF TECH SERVICE . some GO THROUGH A 5 TO 6 STEP PROCESS VIA THE RUN COMMANDS) AND OTHERS USE TWO STEPS VIA URL ADDRESS AND ARE MORE SAVEY AND QUICK. yET TO REACH THEM REQUIRES THE SAME PHNE NUMBER. AND LUCK. . ON
    TWO DIFFERENT OCCASSIONS A TCH TOLD ME THAT TWO OF MY MODELS WERE NOT COMPATABLE WITH WIN 10 (THEY HAD BEEN OPERATING WIN 10 SINCE IT CAME OUT) a call back got me different techs with better fixes.

on the positive side I eventually get a service tech who resolves all of my problems.

EugeneArmes, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Win 10 new download pin causes total lockout even MS techs cannot break

1. Win 10 new download pin causes total lockout even MS techs cannot break - Similar Threads - download pin causes

2. PIN lockout

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN lockout: Good Morning. On 10-20-22 when I went to sign on to my Windows 10 account PC, I entered my password and it was rejected with a message saying incorrect PIN. I do not know if I ever set up a PIN for this device/account and I cannot get on to my computer because when I go to...
  3. PIN lockout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN lockout: Good Morning. On 10-20-22 when I went to sign on to my Windows 10 account PC, I entered my password and it was rejected with a message saying incorrect PIN. I do not know if I ever set up a PIN for this device/account and I cannot get on to my computer because when I go to...
  4. PIN lockout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PIN Lockout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Lockout: Hello, I forgot the pin to my PC after a forced reset and can’t log back in to change it. I have tried the reset pin option several times and I get an error message and to retry but it never works. It still somehow logs me in and that’s how I’ve been using my PC for a while....
  6. PIN Lockout

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN Lockout: Hello, I forgot the pin to my PC after a forced reset and can’t log back in to change it. I have tried the reset pin option several times and I get an error message and to retry but it never works. It still somehow logs me in and that’s how I’ve been using my PC for a while....
  7. Bluetooth Security Tag - corrupted password and PIN, total lockout.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Security Tag - corrupted password and PIN, total lockout.: I have Windows 10 on my Sony VAIO, I don't have the Model and build numbers handy but the issue came about when I was using a QGOO USB Bluetooth adapter to send audio to a Bluetooth speaker. Not a problem but when the computer was restarted, the Bluetooth Security Tag popped...
  8. Bluetooth Security Tag - corrupted password and PIN, total lockout.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Security Tag - corrupted password and PIN, total lockout.: I have Windows 10 on my Sony VAIO, I don't have the Model and build numbers handy but the issue came about when I was using a QGOO USB Bluetooth adapter to send audio to a Bluetooth speaker. Not a problem but when the computer was restarted, the Bluetooth Security Tag popped...
  9. Bluetooth Security Tag - corrupted password and PIN, total lockout.

10. WIN 10 Lockout

WIN 10 Lockout: Cant login into PC. Initial screen shot image with Time Date goes to blank upon clicking to goto Admin login. Initial screen shot reappears in few minutes. Cant progress further. Please God make me well again. Rocky Baer...