Windows 10: Win 10, New window opens behind current window instead of on top

Discus and support Win 10, New window opens behind current window instead of on top in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I use explorer to open a new window, the new window opens behind the explorer window instead of on top. I find this frustrating and have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PickyBiker, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Win 10, New window opens behind current window instead of on top

When I use explorer to open a new window, the new window opens behind the explorer window instead of on top. I find this frustrating and have tried many "solutions" found online for remedying this but nothing has helped.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Windows 10

:)

PickyBiker, Dec 1, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 1, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Win 10, New window opens behind current window instead of on top

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Win 10, New window opens behind current window instead of on top

1. Win 10, New window opens behind current window instead of on top - Similar Threads - window opens behind

2. New windows and apps open on top of the active window

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New windows and apps open on top of the active window: It commonly happens that I need to open and excel sheet. This takes up to ten seconds to open, it would be helpful if I could spend these seconds navigating to other windows in windows explorer or typing in a word document. Instead I will get three seconds to do this until...
  3. Win 11 New computer / Application Menus not opening in foreground- always behind the open...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 New computer / Application Menus not opening in foreground- always behind the open...: My new PC computer came with windows 11, it is not opening menu items in the foreground, sometimes you can physically see the outline / edge underneath other windows, right clicking over items or selecting options in 365 etc .. has the same problem, having to use keyboard...
  4. Win 11 New computer / Application Menus not opening in foreground- always behind the open...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 New computer / Application Menus not opening in foreground- always behind the open...: My new PC computer came with windows 11, it is not opening menu items in the foreground, sometimes you can physically see the outline / edge underneath other windows, right clicking over items or selecting options in 365 etc .. has the same problem, having to use keyboard...
  5. New window going behind the current window. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New window going behind the current window. How do I fix this?: submitted by /u/thinkinofagoodname [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fln0fw/new_window_going_behind_the_current_window_how_do/
  6. win 10 no longer opens new app/window on top of existing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win 10 no longer opens new app/window on top of existing: Recently upgrade to new PC with Win 10 I now find the OS no longer open a new window on top of any others that are open They open but are in the background and I then need to close or minimise or move the window that has the focus This has only begun to be an issue after...
  7. (Office) When opening a new file, the currently opened file will be highlighted instead of...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (Office) When opening a new file, the currently opened file will be highlighted instead of...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Talib_Dota [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e88jc4/office_when_opening_a_new_file_the_currently/
  8. Newly Opened Windows Appear BEHIND Currently Opened Window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Newly Opened Windows Appear BEHIND Currently Opened Window: This just began happening a week or two ago (today is 7-7-2019) from what I can tell. It occurs no matter what kind of window is currently opened nor which kind of window I then open to view. I have to minimize my window and go find the window I've just opened. Would...
  9. Open new windows behind other windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open new windows behind other windows: Hey there, Is there anyway I can get newly opened windows or applications to always open behind existing windows? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-new-windows-behind-other-windows/755d32cb-dd40-4c45-a03e-19892ec8511b
  10. New windows open behind original active after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    New windows open behind original active after windows 10 upgrade: I have two win 10 PC behaving the same way after downloading manually the recent complete upgrade from Microsoft. I have looked at all the info here and elsewhere and checked ForgroundLockoutTime etc. with no success. New screen just open behind. One program even flashes...